Law Alabama passes law against raising minimum wage.

Cant make this up. What a shithole.

Birmingham raised their minimum wage to 10 bucks, and the state passed a law against that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-raise-senate-blocks-birmingham-a6900251.html

Alabama is likely the worst state in the nation.

Missouri did the same thing when St. Louis voted to raise its minimum wage.

Small government and federalism and all that.

The thing is that municipal wage hikes are the way more efficient path toward a "living wage" given that living costs vary wildly from rural to urban places. But, instead of that more sensible and exacting wage increase, the can gets kicked until eventually a state-wide wage increase is needed, which, again, is way more harmful to rural economies.

You don't pay tips, as someone else pointed out. You pay people 10 dollars per hour. The waiters and waitresses earn that on their own, from people independent of you. You're the reason all these restaurant support staff are always out there shitting on people for not giving them a big enough tip. You don't pay them 30 dollars per hour, the customer does.

I think that's enough man, you'll short-circuit his NPC motherboard if this keeps up.

You don't pay tips, as someone else pointed out. You pay people 10 dollars per hour. The waiters and waitresses earn that on their own, from people independent of you. You're the reason all these restaurant support staff are always out there shitting on people for not giving them a big enough tip. You don't pay them 30 dollars per hour, the customer does.

We paid almost 10 an hour when min wage for servers was like $2 something an hour. Waiters making $40 an hour. Walking home with $300plus for 5-6 hours of work. We also offer a health care plan.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. The wait staff makes more than you do. You’re a broke loser and you’re gonna stay that way your entire life

We paid almost 10 an hour when min wage for servers was like $2 something an hour. Waiters making $40 an hour. Walking home with $300plus for 5-6 hours of work. We also offer a health care plan.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. The wait staff makes more than you do. You’re a broke loser and you’re gonna stay that way your entire life
I'm not broke. I don't work in a restaurant. lol at taking credit for what other people pay your staff because they feel bad that you pay them peanuts.

No but Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky and many more are ruining this nation.

Lol @ this guy picking out texas. Just face it re states ruin America and are drains on the country.

Democrat states carry the most debt while Repub states tend to be the most efficiently run so this is a really weird comment.

Well the customer is also the one that pays them $10 an hour since they pay their checks and the tips if we're getting technical about it.

If tipping went away and restaurants started charging a mandatory service fee would that somehow make it so he's paying the servers instead of the costumers?

Well the customer is also the one that pays them $10 an hour since they pay their checks and the tips if we're getting technical about it.
I'm glad wait staff get good tips but I'm not going to take someone seriously acting magnanimous about it when its not them paying that fee.
If tipping went away and restaurants started charging a mandatory service fee would that somehow make it so he's paying the servers instead of the costumers?
Pretty sure some restaurants already do that.

Feel bad. There are some parts of this state that are legit third world. I have seen first hand. These people need to start voting for people that actually care about them.

Democrat states carry the most debt while Repub states tend to be the most efficiently run so this is a really weird comment.

The states I named are all takers. They take in much more money than they give out. These states are all mismanaged and rank in the bottom tier of places to live in the country.

Efficiently run lmao

And yet the deep South states are all sucking from the federal trough while California has an economy bigger than Frances

lol at 10 dollars/ hour. I'll remember this next time you're acting virtuous. It's hilarious, the people who bark the most are always part of the problem. Always. I sort of doubt you ever owned any such business, actually.
That's a decent wage for a tipped worker who can be paid as little as $2.13/hr in places like Alabama.

Please dont tell me its the sneaky lenin statue?
It might be sneaky as it was gone the last time I was in the old country.

Now I'm wondering what they did with all those old commie statues from behind the iron curtain? I'm sure a few made their way to Seattle, but what about the other million or so?

If a local area wants to set a minimum wage at whatever they want above the state minimum it should be up to them.

That's a decent wage for a tipped worker who can be paid as little as $2.13/hr in places like Alabama.
Its a decent wage with the tips you get from people who feel bad that your job pays poorly.

Back