AEW XLIV: Itoh Come Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
and sucks
seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

Bully went on another angry, childish rant on Busted Open yesterday about how Enzo should be the biggest wrestler in the world and WWE and everyone else that let him go is fucking stupid for doing it, as he get's real HEAT!!! He also said that there's no such thing as workrate. Workrate means nothing and actually isn't even a real thing, it's fiction in his mind.
He's not wrong about workrate being a myth.....getting people to believe and invest in you as a character is the work.

Hogan was a better worker than anyone because he got more out of cupping his hand over his ear than anyone doing dives and flips and a million moves and taking giant bumps off high shit.

People who use "workrate" are basically watching matches like it's a gymnastics routine and they are the judges.

Before JR hangs it up, I want to hear him cut a circa 96 Bubba Dudley promo on a crowd.

Haha, I just thought it was hilarious how he was ranting and raving about how if everyone was just like Enzo they'd all get super over right away and the business would be saved. Then immediately starting complaining about how good in ring workers are not necessary at all in the business.

Haha, I just thought it was hilarious how he was ranting and raving about how if everyone was just like Enzo they'd all get super over right away and the business would be saved. Then immediately starting complaining about how good in ring workers are not necessary at all in the business.
I really don't get how guys like him and Disco have a following.

@RollSonnenRoll As the President of the United States of the pWd, what are your thoughts on Fenix Armgate? Was Luchasaurus at fault here? What are your thoughts?

images

It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't egregious on Luchasaurus's part either.

Don't get me wrong, Luchasaurus sucks and is botch city, but I honestly don't think that was all his fault.

Putting someone the correct way through a table has to be just about the easiest thing someone could possible do and he fucked that up lol he lined him up the wrong way, brought him that high up in the air, and lost control of him. Luchasaurus did just about everything wrong you could possibly do in a simplistic table spot.

Table is lined up east to west? Put guy through the middle of table north and south. Basic table spot 101

He's not wrong about workrate being a myth.....getting people to believe and invest in you as a character is the work.

Hogan was a better worker than anyone because he got more out of cupping his hand over his ear than anyone doing dives and flips and a million moves and taking giant bumps off high shit.
Eh, Hogan was the better entertainer but there's still athleticism and knowledge of grappling required. Also, being able to carry greener, less athletic guys to longer, better matches. I'd say Bret Hart was a much better worker than Hogan.
People who use "workrate" are basically watching matches like it's a gymnastics routine and they are the judges.
You definitely have a point there.

Gonna ask the question that I'm sure will come up this week. Do you think Ruby was supposed to go over until the Swole situation happened?

Eh, Hogan was the better entertainer but there's still athleticism and knowledge of grappling required. Also, being able to carry greener, less athletic guys to longer, better matches. I'd say Bret Hart was a much better worker than Hogan.
Bret Hart is my favourite performer, but in my personal oppinion. The term work is still steeped in carny and means grift. So the guy who can do the grift easier and get more marks than the next guy is the better "worker".

Putting someone the correct way through a table has to be just about the easiest thing someone could possible do and he fucked that up lol he lined him up the wrong way, brought him that high up in the air, and lost control of him. Luchasaurus did just about everything wrong you could possibly do in a simplistic table spot.

Table is lined up east to west? Put guy through the middle of table north and south. Basic table spot 101
Just in general, does a good AEW table spot come to mind? For me, nothing comes to mind right away. A lot of non-breaking tables or just poor execution overall.

Not excusing anything that happened tonight, it just seems like they really need to work on these spots.

Gonna ask the question that I'm sure will come up this week. Do you think Ruby was supposed to go over until the Swole situation happened?
I was just joking around on that.

But based on TK's overreaction to anything said that's negative about AEW(not his sports teams oddly enough) I think there's something smelling smokey and if there's smoke....

@RollSonnenRoll As the President of the United States of the pWd, what are your thoughts on Fenix Armgate? Was Luchasaurus at fault here? What are your thoughts?

images
I don’t care how many bumps youve taken or years in The Business, it’s just a natural reaction to try and find the ground when you’re falling backwards and have no idea where it is. Even more so, when he knows that he might not hit the table. Lucha looked like he was more concerned with having a slick, cool looking spot rather than securing where Fenix was going. 100% his fault and I’m not just saying that cause he stinks!

Just in general, does a good AEW table spot come to mind? For me, nothing comes to mind right away. A lot of non-breaking tables or just poor execution overall.

Not excusing anything that happened tonight, it just seems like they really need to work on these spots.

AEW wrestlers are sloppy as fuck with hardcore spots. There's so many close calls, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get really fucked up.

They don't seem to know how to slow the fuck down, it's all 100 miles per hour and it leads to botches and looking bad.

Nope. This was always supposed to be for Jade to go over, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back