AEW XLIV: Itoh Come Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care how many bumps youve taken or years in The Business, it’s just a natural reaction to try and find the ground when you’re falling backwards and have no idea where it is. Even more so, when he knows that he might not hit the table. Lucha looked like he was more concerned with having a slick, cool looking spot rather than securing where Fenix was going. 100% his fault and I’m not just saying that cause he stinks!
I agree with everything you say EXCEPT that it was "100%" Luchasaurus's fault.

Yeah, it is a natural reaction to stick your arm out in that situation... which is exactly why athletes train not to do it.

I'm not saying Fenix isn't a pro, obviously he is. But he fucked up in that spot, too.

We had fun at the show. Sucks for Fenix. LTR made a Lucha Bros. sign too. Now it's a collectors' item!

Both Bryan and Hangman seemed really over with the crowd being somewhat split early, but firmly behind Hangman by the end. I liked that better than their first match, but not sure if that was the result of being there or if it was actually better.

Cargill got a face reaction. I don't know if it was on TV, but she brought her daughter (I assume) in the ring after and then carried her to the back. Little girl looked maybe 2 or so. Soho had a mixed reaction. We couldn't hear any of her promo later in the show when Team Baker attacked because the Lucha Bros were in the ring leading the crowd in "cero miedo" chants the whole time.

I love how happy Big Tony seems just to be there and be doing this. LTR says he likes Tony better than Vince. I do too. I picture him as not unlike what I'd be if I won Powerball tomorrow - just buying a wrestling promotion and hugging everyone. But mostly Anna Jay.

Ya know who else was OVER? Hook. Hook might have been the most over wrestler there. Loud "We want Hook" chants at times and a crazy pop for him on Rampage.

Jake Atlas may have blown out his knee for real.

On the way back to the parking garage we walked right past Hayter in the stairwell. She was with some guy talking about Fenix breaking his arm. She was wearing a mask but was recognizable from her cow jacket.

We hung out for a bit and watched some of the guys leaving down below. MJF stood there for several minutes never once turning to face the fans yelling his name. The guy gets it. JR walked out and got a huge pop getting into an SUV.

Did they show a guy in the crowd with a box on his head? He came out too and did a lot of fan interaction, but never took the box off.

Another really fun show.

Hangman/Danielson and JE/LB were very good idk why they kept teasing Brody King showing up and he didn't.

The Rampage episode was nothing special. At least they Sent Hook. He's super over, got a HUGE pop from the NJ crowd.

Maybe he was going to get involved before Rey got hurt.

DylLQup.jpg

91PTePb+VNL._SL1500_.jpg

Looked like he blew out his knee.

Cole was setting up for the Panama Sunrise, and Atlas couldn't stand to take it, so Cole jumped down and beat him with a "knee bar."

Really enjoyed the show this week. Sucks about Fenix, didn't even notice it at the time. Could be an opportunity for Penta a la Dante Martin. Silver linings and all that.

Bryan vs Hangman was great. Might have even preferred this to their first match. A proper fight. Bryan's crimson mask was tremendous. Judges were a total womp womp moment. Crowd was insane throughout.

MJF/Punk were brilliant. From the MJF dq to a very spicy war of words - excellent.

Adam Cole cut a good promo. I had to check, that O' Reilly fella looks *so* Irish. He's Canadian or something.

WARDLOW SMASH!!! His match with Punk should be great.

TBS title match was ehhhhh. Thing is, Jade has *so much* potential. She's just not there in ring yet. Everything else is fine. Looks a million bucks, carries herself like a star, just needs more time. I get wanting to push her to the moon - I'd do the same of course, I just wouldn't have put a belt on her yet.

I really hope they throw a stip on Deeb/Shida.

I assume the Pillman finish was improvised. Can't imagine that was planned. Dude blew it. Back to Dark!

Main event was fantastic, injury aside. JB is so damn good.

Mox was supposed to return last night which I figured. Wonder why it was scrapped.

We had fun at the show. Sucks for Fenix. LTR made a Lucha Bros. sign too. Now it's a collectors' item!

Both Bryan and Hangman seemed really over with the crowd being somewhat split early, but firmly behind Hangman by the end. I liked that better than their first match, but not sure if that was the result of being there or if it was actually better.

Cargill got a face reaction. I don't know if it was on TV, but she brought her daughter (I assume) in the ring after and then carried her to the back. Little girl looked maybe 2 or so. Soho had a mixed reaction. We couldn't hear any of her promo later in the show when Team Baker attacked because the Lucha Bros were in the ring leading the crowd in "cero miedo" chants the whole time.

I love how happy Big Tony seems just to be there and be doing this. LTR says he likes Tony better than Vince. I do too. I picture him as not unlike what I'd be if I won Powerball tomorrow - just buying a wrestling promotion and hugging everyone. But mostly Anna Jay.

Ya know who else was OVER? Hook. Hook might have been the most over wrestler there. Loud "We want Hook" chants at times and a crazy pop for him on Rampage.

Jake Atlas may have blown out his knee for real.

On the way back to the parking garage we walked right past Hayter in the stairwell. She was with some guy talking about Fenix breaking his arm. She was wearing a mask but was recognizable from her cow jacket.

We hung out for a bit and watched some of the guys leaving down below. MJF stood there for several minutes never once turning to face the fans yelling his name. The guy gets it. JR walked out and got a huge pop getting into an SUV.

Did they show a guy in the crowd with a box on his head? He came out too and did a lot of fan interaction, but never took the box off.

Another really fun show.

Tony loves this shit, Soc.

There's no way they prolong Punk MJF for 2 more months until Revolution. Right?
I mean wardlow will fight him next week, then spears, then a tag match with Sean dean and FTR, they can do it.

I enjoyed the first hour.....then the second hit a cliff tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back