AEW XLIV: Itoh Come Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luchasaurus is a fucking liability in these big spots. It’s a simple table spot but everything in AEW feels like Foley dropping from the Cell level of dangerous with how careless and how green these guys are.

Luchasaurus had zero control and dropped him long way instead of through the middle. Fenix probably tried to brace himself because he didn't know where his head was gonna land.
Well, an argument could be made for poor table set up in the first place

Luchasaurus had zero control and dropped him long way instead of through the middle. Fenix probably tried to brace himself because he didn't know where his head was gonna land.
His head was nowhere even close to landing on the floor

The lights went out for no reason during the final, which was probably the lighting crew not getting the memo on the chage.

They did the same thing the night Black debuted in Miami. They had the lights go out multiple times during the night until he finally debuted and kicked Arn and Cody in the head.

I thought it was an ok ep outside of the woman’s match. The problem is the crowd dies after a big time banger of a match and they opened with that . TK is gonna have to go into the Booker of the Year playbook and see what he can do coming out of the tag finish

Yeah, that looked bad for Fenix and he knew immediately. Penta as a single for a while will be fine.

Why even do a table spot there?
Maybe in the booker's minds a title change requires a big table spot? It did seem unnecessary.
I honestly don’t see them gaining viewers because this isn’t can’t miss TV. It’s like they took all the momentum they had with their new signees and did absolutely nothing with it.
Yeah, the last few months have felt like a big waste of momentum. After All Out when they were red hot, it has just kinda sank back down. There were a few great matches with Daniel / Omega at Arthur Ashe, MJF / Darby and Punk / Kingston but there have been so many bad Dynamites and Rampages that it's just deflating. At least tonight was a really good show overall.

Went full Ryback on Punk throwing through that table.

IDK, it wasn't a great placement, but if you don't put your arm out to brace it would have probably been ok.
View attachment 900857
I mean, people are going to shit on Luchasaurus because he is Luchasaurus, but honestly, the first thing you learn in any judo (and I assume pro wrestling) class is how to break fall, and the first thing you learn about breaking falls is to not to stick your fucking arms out.

Luchasaurus landed his ass six inches off the center of the table, it's not like he threw him into the first row.

I think this is mostly on Fenix.

I hate to think this way, Rex. It’s cold, brutal business though. It’s time for Penta’s singles push

Dang it, Roll! Fenix's arm isn't even in a hard cast yet!

Yeah, you right.

Penta-El-Zero-M.jpg

CERO MIEDO!

That ending with the camera panning to everyone was awkward and super lame. Santana and Ortiz looked like they wanted to be somewhere else and Jericho legitimately looked like he didn't know he was going to be filmed. So rushed and unorganized.

His head was nowhere even close to landing on the floor

Never said it was, but it bounced on the edge of the table and he braced himself the moment after that. Probably to not get bounced again wherever he was gonna land.

It’s just natural to put your arm out to brace a fall , every Olympics you see world class judokas break their arms trying to brace their fall

I mean, people are going to shit on Luchasaurus because he is Luchasaurus, but honestly, the first thing you learn in any judo (and I assume pro wrestling) class is how to break fall, and the first thing you learn about breaking falls is to no stick your fucking arms out.

Luchasaurus landed his ass six inches off the center of the table, it's not like he threw him into the first row.

I think this is mostly on Fenix.

You don't put arms out when you back break fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back