Actors who you can't believe don't have an Oscar

That woman is not an actor. She was selected by Lasse Hallstrom after someone had seen her on like JERRY SPRINGER or something.

Well still took some balls for her to get up there and act with Leo and Johnny Depp. Even though they probably weren't famous at the time. How about i shut up now

Yeah but that's DDL.

I think Leo's best performance was either Aviator or Basketball Diaries.

He has had a lot of great movies but those 2 acting performances were amazing.
This Boys Life & Basketball Diaries were great performances.

Going slightly OT, anyone remember a young Reese Witherspoons performance in Freeway, alongside Kiefer? Always thought it went way under the radar, she was great in it.

Last edited:
FREEWAY is the Witherspoon's breakthrough role. LEGALLY BLONDE is what turned her into a thing. Kinda shitty that it's so vacuous, but there you go.

Well still took some balls for her to get up there and act with Leo and Johnny Depp. Even though they probably weren't famous at the time. How about i shut up now
It sure did.

I think her trial by SPRINGER SPRINGER SPRINGER pretty much made the acting a gimme. I mean, not only did she already know she was fat -- so did America. I would have leapt at the chance to be in a movie where my image would be cast in a more sympathetic light. GRAPE is truly a wonderful film. I think the fear would be in being exploited by the film, but she was in good hands it turned out.

Acting is really about shedding your vanity, and it does require courage to go out and look like an idiot. I was remarking to my wife the performances of Sam Jackson in DJANGO and THE SPIRIT are similarly cartoonish, buffoonish. He's doing the same bits of raising his voice and staring hard. But in DJANGO it works so much better. Acting is weird.

Ed Norton needs to do more movies. He is one of the best of my lifetime. He is definitely oscar worthy imo.

computer-close-hulk.gif

I finally watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Gary Oldman was robbed because those fucks jerked each other off thinking that piece of shit silent movie was awesome.

It is kind of baffling that Oldman has never won an Oscar.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Leo The Professional
Airforce One
Dracula

How about Romeo is Bleeding, True Romance, State of Grace, JKF, and Sid and Nancy too?

Oldman is an amazing actor.

I find Leo Dicaprio to be largely overrated.

samwise-gamgee_292.jpg

Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee from LOTR. He got power*ucked out of even getting a nod for best supporting actor IMHO. Let's not even go there with his role as Rudy...

Maybe Johnny Depp

Depp is my favorite actor. But I like to say he is my favorite Entertainer in films, I just enjoy his work.

Not a lot of it is going to be something the Oscars are going to look at. But what he does, he does good. My favorite role of his was as Ed Wood. But he has many many note worthy roles. People like to try and say he only does weird stuff but what does that really mean? Weird people...because it's not always the case and when it is, some of them are the more interesting roles for an actor to tackle.

I made this a while back, thought it was a pretty good account of him in film.

02johnnydeppfilms198420.jpg

Gary Oldman is a great chameleon but his lack of Oscar isn't surprising. He does all his performances well, but none of his performances are stand-out performances that make people sit up and take notice. Due in part to the fact he's so indistinguishable. It kinda kills me but then it kinda doesn't. He can't carry a film on his own, so there's that as well.

harvey keitel
MeanStreetsKeitel.jpg

and death to smoochie sucks

samwise-gamgee_292.jpg

Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee from LOTR. He got power*ucked out of even getting a nod for best supporting actor IMHO. Let's not even go there with his role as Rudy...

I like the way you think Strychnyne.

Gary Oldman is a great chameleon but his lack of Oscar isn't surprising. He does all his performances well, but none of his performances are stand-out performances that make people sit up and take notice. Due in part to the fact he's so indistinguishable. It kinda kills me but then it kinda doesn't. He can't carry a film on his own, so there's that as well.

He stood out in Leon, TTSS, Book of Eli, True Romance, Airforce One, The Fifth Element...

I am really surprised Jim Carrey wasn't nominated for some of his more dramatic work. I think he could have won for both Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine.

I am really surprised Jim Carrey wasn't nominated for some of his more dramatic work. I think he could have won for both Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine.

A good pick as well, but I always felt he would have to just completely blow the roof off a place before they gave it to a guy best known for...

tumblr_ljls6xUSHk1qdoq4co1_500.gif

He stood out in Leon, TTSS, Book of Eli, True Romance, Airforce One, The Fifth Element...

I think what he means is that Gary Oldman is a human chameleon. You can watch ten Gary Oldman movies and never know it was the same guy. I mean, he doesn't even need that much makeup to look very different in each film. This makes it very easy for his performances to fly under the radar.

Whatever, he's awesome.

I finally watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Gary Oldman was robbed because those fucks jerked each other off thinking that piece of shit silent movie was awesome.

It is kind of baffling that Oldman has never won an Oscar.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Leo The Professional
Airforce One
Dracula

Mayberry's bizarre Oldman worship continues....

I knew this thread would be about him before I clicked it.

I think what he means is that Gary Oldman is a human chameleon. You can watch ten Gary Oldman movies and never know it was the same guy. I mean, he doesn't even need that much makeup to look very different in each film. This makes it very easy for his performances to fly under the radar.

Whatever, he's awesome.

I agree with the chameleon comment but not the taking notice comment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back