Actors who you can't believe don't have an Oscar

You say "don't get me started..." yet you already started yourself on it and write several tiny paragraphs, haha.

The Academy Awards is a joke because of how politics are at its core and source of functioning.

haha. Yeah, well I've been known to type way more...

but you are right. Awards shows are very cheap commericals and promotional vehicles. That's why there are 50 of them now.

I remember thinking, in 1996, when William Macy didn't get nominated for "Fargo"that there was something very wrong with the Academy.

I hear you, which is why I don't pretend the Academy awards their Oscars for merit, but rather politicking. The fact that he doesn't have an Oscar at the time of my writing this post should be enough proof that not enough people take notice of him. I'm not sure that can be argued.

As with your litany of roles, there are superior characters to the one's you cited. Sure.

Frank Booth is a better Norman Stansfield than Norman Stansfield, although honestly I prefer Stansfield because I don't really like BLUE VELVET. CHINATOWN's Noah Cross was the better corrupt powerlord with an obsession, better than the one in BOOK OF ELI. If you want a White guy in charge of Black guys? Frank White is superior to Drexel. If Frank White has too much screentime, I can narrow the "ethnic" cameo field down to Michael Parks as Esteban in KILL BILL 2 or Cliff Curtis as Smiley in TRAINING DAY or the list goes on. I'm sure you could come up with some better character of a similar vein if you thought about it enough. Or at least comparable.

I'm not saying Gary Oldman is not a good actor -- quite the opposite. But if this is a thread about why we can't believe some actors don't have Oscars yet? You can believe it with Gary Oldman.

Fair enough.

You should add this one on that collage :p

11338.0.219.138.jpg

28-weeks-later-still.jpg

Love that film.

Ed Norton had some good years but he sucks now. He needs to evolve a little.

evolve?
to what?

hes as good as a script/director allows him too i.e.moonrise kingdom

Well maybe he just needs to fire his agent then because he's had mostly shit roles in the last 5-10 years.

I know Damon has an Oscar for writing with Ben Affleck for Good Will Hunting, but not one for acting. Still can't believe he didn't get the nod yet with a resume that includes:

Good Will Hunting
Rounders
Syriana
The Good Shepard
Invictus
True Grit
The Informant

Back