Actors who you can't believe don't have an Oscar

I actually have more sympathy for him in that gif than I have in any one of his films, outside of GILBERT GRAPE and CRITTERS 3: TITANIC OF CRITTERS.

And here is an audio transcription of what Leo was saying that night:

leo_golden_globes.gif

He must realize it's a dog and pony show, though. He's popular enough with the audiences; does he really need his peers to agree with them?

Tom Cruise

Eyes Wide Shut
Vanilla Sky
Magnolia

a shit ton more. I dont like him as a person.. but damn

evolve?
to what?

Evolve into what?

Jesus Christ, a fucking orangutan! Haven't you guys heard of skilled individuals evolving? i.e. improving their skills to become better at their trade. We talk about MMA fighters evolving all the time. It's not that hard of a concept.

My point is that Ed Norton is the same actor he was 10-15 years ago except he's 10-15 years older. Look at the other actors who came into their own around the same time. Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, so on and so forth. They take on different roles that test them and turn them into better actors in the long run. Ed Norton hasn't done that IMO, he's still riding the wave of good movies he made in the 90's.

Jesus Christ, a fucking orangutan! Haven't you guys heard of skilled individuals evolving? i.e. improving their skills to become better at their trade. We talk about MMA fighters evolving all the time. It's not that hard of a concept.

My point is that Ed Norton is the same actor he was 10-15 years ago except he's 10-15 years older. Look at the other actors who came into their own around the same time. Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, so on and so forth. They take on different roles that test them and turn them into better actors in the long run. Ed Norton hasn't done that IMO, he's still riding the wave of good movies he made in the 90's.

He was and is a better actor than both of those guys.

He was and is a better actor than both of those guys.

Well that's certainly debatable. I might have agreed 10 years ago but I don't think he's done much worthwhile since. If we literally count starting from 2003 on, I can't name one movie that he was particularly good in.

Well that's certainly debatable. I might have agreed 10 years ago but I don't think he's done much worthwhile since. If we literally count starting from 2003 on, I can't name one movie that he was particularly good in.

I loved Down in The Valley. I thought it was some of the finest acting I've seen.

I also liked

The Illusionist
The Painted Veil
The Incredible Hulk
Pride and Glory.

Haven't seen anything else.

I agree with DarkKnight81 despite his silly name. Norton wasted his 30s.

Arnold.

Dude's the greatest action hero of all time, he deserves an Oscar stating such.

Totally.
Got his book off the wife for Christmas.

Also to add, has brad Pitt got an Oscar?

Really and truly though, who really gives a flying fuck about actual oscars? Some of the award choices over the years have ridiculed the whole event's credibility. And all this back patting for people who are just actors doing a well paid glamorous job.

I'd say IMDB score is far more relevant.

Sean Penn won for Milk? That was a good movie, but I don't know if he deserved it. But he likes playing Oscar Bait roles. Hell, what was I Am Sam if not a blatant attempt at an Oscar?

Not sure if already posted but:

milk.jpg

From "Honest Movie Posters".

I loved Down in The Valley. I thought it was some of the finest acting I've seen.

I also liked

The Illusionist
The Painted Veil
The Incredible Hulk
Pride and Glory.

Haven't seen anything else.

Outside of the obvious Norton movies, my favorites are the Illusionist and the Painted Veil. Just great movies.

About Leo... he's certainly good enough to win an Oscar, but "should have won an Oscar" should only be said if you can pinpoint a specific performance, a year in which said actor was "robbed". Rourke was robbed because Sean Penn went for that blatant Oscar-bait, perhaps Norton should have won over Benigni (not true imo, Ian McKellen should have won that year).

I don't feel that Leo was robbed in either 04 or 06, in both cases the winner put on a stronger performance.

Back