Actors who you can't believe don't have an Oscar

Sean Penn won for Milk? That was a good movie, but I don't know if he deserved it. But he likes playing Oscar Bait roles. Hell, what was I Am Sam if not a blatant attempt at an Oscar?

That was one of the biggest hose jobs ever. But I was expecting it. Rourke had pissed off some people and once you knew Sean Penn was playing a queer you knew he was a shoe in.
Spot on!

Same happened to DDL who was fantastic in In The Name Of The Father but was up against p4p 1 Establishment brown noser playing a guy with AIDS.

Thankfully DDL's greatness wasn't to be denied.

Oldman was great in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" but the film was awful.

Oldman is a great pick. but after seeing Django Unchained, I'm hoping Christoph Waltz gets one.

DiCaprio

Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, the Aviator, J. Edgar,

You guys are right with Leo. I couldn't get into J. Edgar though.

I got The Wrestler on blu ray for christmas.

I'm making the GF watch it tonight. She liked Milk but never saw The Wrestler

I thought that they just pay the Oscar (Academy) millions and then they give them one... Oscar to the highest bidder.

Who was that?

Bosom-Buddies-tv-04.jpg

Djimon Honsou - in America, and was absolutely robbed for Blood Diamond

oh and Peter oToole laughs at this discussion

Ricky Gervais nailed it when he told Kate Winslet, after losing out in 2004(eternal sunshine of the spotless mind) & 2006(little children), that she needed to do a Nazi movie, (which she later did - The Reader) to get her an Oscar lol

He shudda got 10% lol

Tarantino for Inglorious over random bitch for Hurt Locker, I know that's not an actor thing but yeah.

Norton is a good pick, Oldman of course, Leo, but for me I'm going Bill Murray.

I think Patrick Stewart is a fantastic actor and if he stopped with the sci fi stuff could actually have made a run at an Oscar.

Oldman is a great pick. but after seeing Django Unchained, I'm hoping Christoph Waltz gets one.

Waltz has one for Inglorious. I doubt they'd give him another one so quickly.

Tom Hanks

He beat out Morgan Freeman(Shawshank Redemption) the next year by playing a tard.

I liked Forrest Gump a lot but Freeman and Shawshank were better.
Amen!

Freeman was solid gold in that flick!!!

Karl Urban for Judge Dredd. I do not think I have ever seen a role so completely devoid of acting.

Back