A better american prospect than Nickal?

I have him as a conteder because he's booked against Yan. If he beats Yan, then he is in the title picture. Otherwise, he probably is still one win from being one win away.
When he losses to Yan he will go back to fighting guys on short notice like Kris Moutinho for another 3-5 fights.
He has only fought two guys on a win streak his entire UFC run. Even Yan is coming off a loss.

Of course if he somehow beat Yan he will be in the title picture, but the only chance he has is it being a 3 round fight and Herb Dean being the ref and letting him get away with fouls.

When he losses to Yan he will go back to fighting guys on short notice like Kris Moutinho for another 3-5 fights.
He has only fought two guys on a win streak his entire UFC run. Even Yan is coming off a loss.

Of course if he somehow beat Yan he will be in the title picture, but the only chance he has is it being a 3 round fight and Herb Dean being the ref and letting him get away with fouls.
I agree

Bo will do just fine. He has killers to train with for striking and one of the best bjj coaches around in Marcel Ferreira.

I don't personally think very highly of Sean and there's still so many question marks next to his game but he clearly is talented...The length, speed, power and crispness of his striking at 135lbs is a rare set of gifts. Us he fragile? Can he handle pressure? How will he look vs a wrestler? Is he suspect vs fellow lengthy fighters or was the Chito fight a fluke? How will he look vs higher caliber fighters in general?

But yeah, the kids talented and has a lot of experience and a good record for only 27. He deserves to be mentioned. I'd like to have seen him fight someone like Raoni, Said or Simon before cracking the top 10 myself.

That dude he knocked out literally just stood there and took everything Kody threw, waved in for some for more, then got immediately faceplanted.

I don't personally think very highly of Sean and there's still so many question marks next to his game but he clearly is talented...The length, speed, power and crispness of his striking at 135lbs is a rare set of gifts. Us he fragile? Can he handle pressure? How will he look vs a wrestler? Is he suspect vs fellow lengthy fighters or was the Chito fight a fluke? How will he look vs higher caliber fighters in general?

But yeah, the kids talented and has a lot of experience and a good record for only 27. He deserves to be mentioned. I'd like to have seen him fight someone like Raoni, Said or Simon before cracking the top 10 myself.

Go through the guys he has fought. Everyone has been a guy on the way out of the UFC or a high level regional guy. If he hadn't been put into the UFC he would have fought most of these guys on the regional curcuit as an entry into the UFC.
He has been in the UFC for 6 years at this point and lost or gotten a NC against anyone in that top 20 range. Paiva is his best win.. Paiva is a Fly weight.
Yes he only has that one loss, but he would have more if he was matched appropriately with his current streak.
Let's not forget popping for SARMs.

At this point we know what we are going to get from O'malley. If you don't walk onto his punches, you will win. If you get him over 5 rounds he will fall apart. As soon as Munhoz started to go after him he put his fingers out there and then talked shit about fouling him. The guy has left on a stretcher 2x in his career and been carried out of the cage as an ammy after pretending a glancing blow KO'd him when he was finished.

He isn't a prospect. He is like Uriah Hall at this point at MW. His career will go the exact same with him winning some fights against aging guys and losing to anyone decent on the way up.

Go through the guys he has fought. Everyone has been a guy on the way out of the UFC or a high level regional guy. If he hadn't been put into the UFC he would have fought most of these guys on the regional curcuit as an entry into the UFC.
He has been in the UFC for 6 years at this point and lost or gotten a NC against anyone in that top 20 range. Paiva is his best win.. Paiva is a Fly weight.
Yes he only has that one loss, but he would have more if he was matched appropriately with his current streak.
Let's not forget popping for SARMs.

At this point we know what we are going to get from O'malley. If you don't walk onto his punches, you will win. If you get him over 5 rounds he will fall apart. As soon as Munhoz started to go after him he put his fingers out there and then talked shit about fouling him. The guy has left on a stretcher 2x in his career and been carried out of the cage as an ammy after pretending a glancing blow KO'd him when he was finished.

He isn't a prospect. He is like Uriah Hall at this point at MW. His career will go the exact same with him winning some fights against aging guys and losing to anyone decent on the way up.

Maybe I'm wrong, Dalton Rosta is 26 years old 6-0 professionally (7-0 as amateur) and has fought really good competition. In his last fight he fought Romero Cotton 6-0 and a 3x Division II national champion wrestler and Dalton was the one taking Romero down, bullying him in the clinch and blistering him standing. Dalton trains at ATT, jacked athlete, fast hands, strong wrestler and super young. He might be a better MW prospect from the US than Bo.

IMG_5039.jpg

Did you see his fight against Jeffery? Looked absolutely shit in that one unfortunately.

Was Aaron Pico considered a better prospect than Nickal? I remember the media hype over his MMA debut. Pico didn't have a college career, Nickal did. They both almost made the Olympics. Pico was also winning titles in boxing, though as a teenager not an adult.

Allegedly Gabel Steveson is training MMA now. Sight unseen I'd pick him over anyone outside the top 10.

Back