3 Quarters thru 2024, what is the FOTY so far?

JoeRowe

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Holloway vs Gaethje
Jiri vs Rakic
Islam vs Poirier
Hooker vs Gamrot
Du Plesis vs Adesanya
Barralho vs Cannonier
Ribovics vs Zellhuber
Pereira vs Rountree

My top 3:
Islam vs Poirier
Du Plesis vs Adesanya
Ribovics vs Zellhuber

Any candidates that I'm missing?

Gaethje v Max wasn't the greatest fight from memory, just had an absolutely epic ending.

Anyway I'm going DDP vs Izzy, especially because it was for a title, Gamrot v Hooker the best non title. Dan Hooker, he REALLY loves a fight ha ha

Max vs. Gaethje belongs in the KO of the year category. The actual fight was dominance and not very exciting.

DDP vs. Izzy was the clear FOTY.

Arman vs. Oliveira is a little underrated.

Max vs. Gaethje belongs in the KO of the year category. The actual fight was dominance and not very exciting.

DDP vs. Izzy was the clear FOTY.

Arman vs. Oliveira is a little underrated.
I agree but it won't FOTN on the biggest card. Arman v Charles definitely had it's moments but also had extended moments of inaction. To me Jiri vs Rakic was FOTN at 300.

DDP/Izzy & Islam/Dustin were neck & neck. Initially had DDP but switched it last second.

Gotta be honest, not much really stands out above the rest for this section
Ribovics vs Zellhuber is up there, crazy third round
Jiri/Rakic is a good call too
Hooker/Gamrot was great

I have been skipping a lot of fights this year to be honest and my memory might be a bit iffy on some, I would throw in Whittaker/Costa which was fun but it doesn't stand out as something that would be considered FOTY. Pereira/Khalil and Poirier/BSD were good fun for however long they lasted
Wait I just remembered another one, Yan/Yadong, again wouldn't put it as FOTY but it was a solid bout for sure

For me it's really tough to pick between Holloway/Gaethje and Ribovics/Zellhuber but given the near-Hollywood finish I would pick the former. It's close though.

I'm a mark for Jiri, but Ribovics/Zellhuber would be considered an all-timer if it wasnt Ribovics and Zellhuber (but still really should be, anyway). That fight was absolutely nuts

Good thread m8

Honestly my initial impression and I feel like the one that's most memorable for me is still Max vs Gaethje. There was a lot riding on that fight, and the buildup. And it wasn't super back and forth but I can't remember being bored, either. It was hard to fathom at the moment.

I'm glad a lot of people are picking DDP/Adesanya, I thought I was being biased due to favoritism. Jiri/Rakic too.

I like your top 3. I'm going to go DDP vs Adesanya. Both fighters came to fight and put it all on the line. Near the end I thought the momentum had swung in Izzy's favor and Dricus pulled out a definitive finish. It lived up to it's expectations.

Pantoja vs Erceg is missing from the list, imo it's FOTY

Doostin vs Islam for me. Felt like most edge of the seat action to me.

Khalil vs Alex was a great mma striking match but yeah...just striking

Hm. Zellhuber vs Ribo

DDP/Izzy followed by jiri vs rakic

I wish DDP could get fighter of the year. but I think he'd need one more win before passing alex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uled
Back