Elections 2016 Democratic South Carolina Primary Thread

Who will win the Democratic South Carolina Primary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. Im not an obsessive little puke like you. You quote all my posts even when im not talking to you or about you to start unnecessary arguments and yet im the bully???? Na dude you aint seen a bully.

You also threaten other posters, use foul language repeatedly, call people losers, insult their sex lives, claim they are stupid, imply southerners and blacks are uneducated and stupid cause they dont feel the bern. And you have admitted you will Bully other posters "once Bernie wins". So again you are the SELF ADMITTED BULLY!!"

This loss crushes me. I'm ready to vote for Hillary if its needed but I sincerely feel that Bernie is a good man that is willing to fight tooth and nail for the common man.

Man, was watching Hillary's victory speech on break, that was some boring schlock. Oh well, nature of the beast.

lol.. sanders never had a chance and he's gonna get crushed on tuesday..

Most of us want massive change and want it now. Just because it's slow going doesn't mean it won't happen. Let's hope we aren't dead before shit gets right. Although, I am starting to feel like I'll never live to see the day.

You gotta win Congress for some kind of big change. No one will ever win the presidency without an outlook that appeals to the median voter (who is to the right of the American voter because the left doesn't value voting as much as the right). And even if someone did, he wouldn't be able to get his agenda past Congress.

The takeaway for Sanders supporters shouldn't be cynicism or dispair, but the importance of voting all the time and the importance of actually earning votes instead of trying to berate people into support.

And honestly, there's no reason Sanders supporters shouldn't be happy with Clinton.

Bernie supporters feeling a bit like the women in Meatholes videos right about now.

Sanders deserved this beatdown. There he was in the 60s, fighting for civil rights and even got arrested, yet he didn't push that out to black voters, the majority of whom just look at him as yet another old white guy because they weren't old enough to know or just didn't know how Bernie fought for their rights. I thought McCain's 2008 election strategy was the worst I'd ever see. It still is, but Bernie is making it close.

Bernie is a much better choice for the black community but it's like he didn't even try. It's sad to see.

Last edited:
This loss crushes me. I'm ready to vote for Hillary if its needed but I sincerely feel that Bernie is a good man that is willing to fight tooth and nail for the common man.
He should have broadened his message, IMO. He got college support like few other candidates, but young people are the most fickle voting demographic in America. I still think that he's a much better candidate than Hillary but he ran a pretty bad campaign. He refused to go negative and shot himself in the foot with that "damn emails" comment from the first debate.

The trouble for Hillary is if those young people (and other passionate Sanders supporters) become despondent that Bernie didn't win and don't show up in droves to vote for Hilldog during the election.

Bernie's my favorite candidate ever, but it's over. America isn't ready. Someday. Too bad he's not 20 years younger.

Basically.

A few very optimistic but still halfway realistic points:

-Hillary gets moved to the left by the Bernie phenomenon. It's already happening now because she's sounding way, way, way more progressive than at the beginning of the campaign

-This public pressure forces her to govern well and keep her war hawk and Wall Street-loving tendencies at bay

-She gets re-elected and the US is a bit more decent place after 16 years of Democratic presidents

Sanders deserved this beatdown. There he was in the 60s, fighting for civil rights and even got arrested, yet he didn't push that out to black voters, the majority of whom just look at him as yet another old white guy because they weren't old enough to know or just didn't know how Bernie fought for their rights

I think it's weird that anyone would even think that's relevant. People don't vote to reward people for being good guys. They vote to advance their own interests, and Sanders didn't make that case.

Bernie as VP is still a possibility if he losses I wouldn't mind seeing that ticket. And I don't see why she wouldn't choose him. He was a good mayor and a good Senator.

He should have broadened his message, IMO. He got college support like few other candidates, but young people are the most fickle voting demographic in America. I still think that he's a much better candidate than Hillary but he ran a pretty bad campaign. He refused to go negative and shot himself in the foot with that "damn emails" comment from the first debate.

The trouble for Hillary is if those young people (and other passionate Sanders supporters) become despondent that Bernie didn't win and don't show up in droves to vote for Hilldog during the election.

I think his decision to not go negative on the emails was a good thing but I do think an error in his campaign approach was not being more centrist but that is just me. I think what will kill him on Super Tuesday is people not wanting to forgo the Obama legacy or change and progress that has been made. I realize he wants to make it better but as someone stated earlier it comes off as campaigning against Obama's policies and for a popular incumbent president who has been a huge success that can't help.

If this was 2016 and Obama was a Republican and a disaster with 08 Bush level ratings then things could be different. but it is 2016 with a good economy and Obama is not a disaster. so yeah...

A 47 point win. Christ...

And the polls weren't even close... undershot significantly. African American turnout was on historic levels... makes me wonder what Tennessee and Georgia will look like. For the good of the country, if Super Tuesday is a really bad day for Bernie, he should end this so we can all focus on derailing a man who wants to effectively end freedom of speech for the press, paint bullets in pigs blood, torture everything and everyone he doesn't like, deport tens of millions of people as a phenomenal cost all the while having zero respect for women or anyone of color. Pretty sure we're better off without turning this entire country into the old South.

With making threats against Jeff Bezos, freedom of speech rights and practical business (ala shipping work to cheaper labor markets), you can bet there will be massive waves of opposition money against Trump.

Hillary's numbers in SC almost make me think she can pick off a few southern states in the GE. Just like hubby. Even if they are seen as "in play" that's strategically huge.

Yeah, but I don't believe it, to be honest.

There is a path forward, I have explained it at depth many times. Disagree all you want, make your case all you want, just don't dismiss my well thought out positions, and expect me to still play nice.
So you do not believe I am a Bernie Sanders supporter? Is it because I lack your almost zealot like faith in him? Because I think Hillary is a perfectly fine alternative? Because I can look at polls and projections and form opinions other than "they must be wrong"?

You gotta win Congress for some kind of big change. No one will ever win the presidency without an outlook that appeals to the median voter (who is to the right of the American voter because the left doesn't value voting as much as the right). And even if someone did, he wouldn't be able to get his agenda past Congress.

The takeaway for Sanders supporters shouldn't be cynicism or dispair, but the importance of voting all the time and the importance of actually earning votes instead of trying to berate people into support.

And honestly, there's no reason Sanders supporters shouldn't be happy with Clinton.

Yeah I won't be voting for Clinton. Sitting this one out if Sanders doesn't get the nom.

So you do not believe I am a Bernie Sanders supporter? Is it because I lack your almost zealot like faith in him? Because I think Hillary is a perfectly fine alternative? Because I can look at polls and projections and form opinions other than "they must be wrong"?

Lol how is she a fine alternative?

Yeah I won't be voting for Clinton. Sitting this one out if Sanders doesn't get the nom.

This seems a somewhat strange position. Because the person you agreed with, say, 90% of the time lost to someone that you only agree with, say, 60% of the time, you'll sit out and thus effectively support someone you're guaranteed to agree with less than 60% of the time instead (and likely significantly less than 60%).

This seems a somewhat strange position. Because the person you agreed with, say, 90% of the time lost to someone that you only agree with, say, 60% of the time, you'll sit out and thus effectively support someone you're guaranteed to agree with less than 60% of the time instead (and likely significantly less than 60%).

Independent here. And I'm not sure what I possibly agree with that snake on considering she seems to have no real position on anything.

I support one candidate in this election and the whole "picking the lesser of two evils" thing has grown old. So if the DNC falls, I have a resounding meh to give.

Back