Elections 2016 Democratic South Carolina Primary Thread

Who will win the Democratic South Carolina Primary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's weird that anyone would even think that's relevant. People don't vote to reward people for being good guys. They vote to advance their own interests, and Sanders didn't make that case.
You'll have to speak clearer, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Hillary's balls in your mouth.

Hillary's numbers in SC almost make me think she can pick off a few southern states in the GE. Just like hubby. Even if they are seen as "in play" that's strategically huge.

Provided the e-mails dont come to bite her in the ass.

Georgia & Missouri were actually pretty close in 2008 with Obama/McCain.
And NC has become a swing state anyway.

Last edited:
Oh really? Then why is Trump doing so well?

You realize he is basically breaking the Republican party in two and the GOP donor class has come out against him.

Bernie is a great guy and I wouldn't mind sewing him as a VP. I think he could be put in charge of specialized progressive causes. Don't give up hope on our country man there is still much good and progress to be made.

Love America

Shillarys presidency can be summed up with one movie title. Much ado about nothing.

trumps doing well because he's a sound byte. But he's not going to win. Would love it if he did because I'd pick that clown over shillary.

Last edited:
This loss crushes me. I'm ready to vote for Hillary if its needed but I sincerely feel that Bernie is a good man that is willing to fight tooth and nail for the common man.

Don't vote for that two faced establishment backing cunt.

They both vote in a similar manner, and her ideas will be moderate enough that at least other Democrats will vote for them?

Moderate as in "pandering towards their corporate hand outs."

You'll have to speak clearer, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Hillary's balls in your mouth.

No idea where that rudeness comes from or generally why any decent person would think that's an acceptable post. I just made the simple point that the notion that "Bernie just has to communicate to black people that he supported the Civil Rights movement 50 years ago to make inroads with black voters" is very misguided. He needs to communicate that he's the candidate in this election that is the best choice.

Shillarys presidency can be summed up with one movie title. Much adu about nothing.

trumps doing well because he's a sound byte. But he's not going to win. Would love it if he did because I'd pick that clown over shillary.

It's this type of attitude that's really dangerous. I remember people voting for Bush because he seemed like a good, fun guy that you could have a beer with and if they didn't vote for him, they wasted their vote on Nader just to stick it to Al Gore who was perceived as and painted by the media as ineffectual and wooden. Never mind whether or not he'd have been an excellent communicator and decision maker.

I feel like this sort of disgustingly shallow sentiment has zero historical understanding. Trump is literally talking about changing libel laws to dramatically limit our first amendment rights. He doesn't even know what powers a president has. Think about that for a moment though - he regularly tweets and engages in incredibly racist and xenophobic banter and wants to deport all illegals, torture every Muslim he can get his hands on and he wants to silence the media where he sees fit.

Is anyone paying any freaking attention here to how similar that is to some of the horrible leaders this world has seen?

But instead, people are so turned off by this media narrative (and largely fueled by the GOP for almost a decade) that Hillary is some terrible person who lies every other sentence. Don't buy into the bull shit - read a little and use your brain.

Shillarys presidency can be summed up with one movie title. Much adu about nothing.

Putting politics aside, this is a really, really sad sentence. I cannot tell you how much I feel that Shakespeare has enriched my life.

Putting politics aside, this is a really, really sad sentence. I cannot tell you how much I feel that Shakespeare has enriched my life.

Yeah well I want you to warm up to her completely dodging all of the bigger issues that face America and it's future/direction once she's in office.

Yeah well I want you to warm up to her completely dodging all of the bigger issues that face America and it's future/direction once she's in office.
Wow, a psychic. I didn't know we had any of those on sherdog.

Please advise on future issues

I don't think you got my post at all.

And, what I'm warm to is that Clinton in office, just like Sanders in office, would provide value by vetoing attempts to take health insurance away from millions of Americans, massive upward redistribution in wealth, rollback of financial reform, etc. and fighting for the environment.

Please advise on future issues

meddling in the middle east. which includes saying you are going after isis...but not really going after isis
allowing free trade to further destroy your middle class
allowing 3/4 corporations to control your news media
illegal immigration will still be running amok
wealth inequality will still get further slanted
you will still be paying too much for health care
will still be fighting opec/saudi arabia's wars
lobbyists will still be able to dictate political direction

that's just off the top of my head.

but i fully expect that she will clean up the water in flint...and pose for some pictures with a shovel and a hard hat.

It's this type of attitude that's really dangerous. I remember people voting for Bush because he seemed like a good, fun guy that you could have a beer with and if they didn't vote for him, they wasted their vote on Nader just to stick it to Al Gore who was perceived as and painted by the media as ineffectual and wooden. Never mind whether or not he'd have been an excellent communicator and decision maker.

I feel like this sort of disgustingly shallow sentiment has zero historical understanding. Trump is literally talking about changing libel laws to dramatically limit our first amendment rights. He doesn't even know what powers a president has. Think about that for a moment though - he regularly tweets and engages in incredibly racist and xenophobic banter and wants to deport all illegals, torture every Muslim he can get his hands on and he wants to silence the media where he sees fit.

Is anyone paying any freaking attention here to how similar that is to some of the horrible leaders this world has seen?

But instead, people are so turned off by this media narrative (and largely fueled by the GOP for almost a decade) that Hillary is some terrible person who lies every other sentence. Don't buy into the bull shit - read a little and use your brain.

People have voted for people they trust and connect with over policy forever. It really doesn't isn't just a nice guy thing, because Trump wouldn't even be in the conversation if it was. They vote for people they feel are genuine and trust, it's why our last two presidents were elected and could very well be why this one gets elected.

meddling in the middle east. which includes saying you are going after isis...but not really going after isis
allowing free trade to further destroy your middle class
allowing 3/4 corporations to control your news media
illegal immigration will still be running amok
wealth inequality will still get further slanted
you will still be paying too much for health care
will still be fighting opec/saudi arabia's wars
lobbyists will still be able to dictate political direction

that's just off the top of my head.

but i fully expect that she will clean up the water in flint...and pose for some pictures with a shovel and a hard hat.

Hey thanks for an actual reply... most people would rant some garbage. And yes, these are definitely some issues.

Before I really get into addressing each, let's start by setting some context. Meddling in the Middle East is a favorite game played by the NeoCons who are all about American Exceptionalism and frankly all about protecting Israel (which is really the ultimate goal).

Regarding the economic issues you're talking about, the irony is that its a result of "free market" capitalism which has been endlessly championed not by the Democrats but by the Republicans. That's not to say that free market approach isn't highly beneficial on a number of levels because it is and it has helped to bring untold amounts of incredible innovation. Sure there are some junky cheap goods flooding the market but protecting overpaid American labor for unskilled industry is a fantasy and can't last indefinitely. It's basically standing in the way of the inevitable economic progress of the world, unless you want to go back to a mercantalist system where the worker was without a shred of a doubt MUCH worse off.

Free trade isn't so much the problem for the middle class which should be focusing on education and acquiring higher skills to adapt to a relentlessly competitive world. One of the biggest issues for the middle class is that massive amounts of capital have been earned by and are now being horded by a really small sliver of the population, who loves to use "free market capitalism" as a justification for their decision making being better for the economy.... we know this to be mostly untrue. Sure there are legitimate entrepenuers and brilliant people in that sliver but there are also masses of trust babies that inherit wealth, sit on it and contribute nothing to the economy other than lending out their wealth are a reasonable rate (jokes) to the middle class. We've sort of entered a feudal era where the middle class yearns for actual ownership of property but pays tribute. That being said, the talk of the US economy being awful and the middle class being in the shitter is a little overblown... we're develeraging more than ever employment costs have been on the rise indicating that actually, middle class workers are seeing increases in income. We just need to get away from this perception that protectionist policies are the solution for all. People don't want to hear the phrase and Obama has had to shy away from it but redistributing the wealth or sharing the wealth more is basically what this comes down to... if that means raising taxes on dormant pools of capital for people with wealth numbers in the order of 100 million, then that's a start... and that's not even targeting most CEO who will never be that wealthy - that's targeting the truly elite.

The lobbyist issue is another GOP animal that has been let loose and don't even get me started on Citizens Unites and Scalia, who couldn't have died soon enough.

As for Hillary, who she is and what she's voted for and supported, all you have to do is go to the following site and actually get a feel for her stances:
http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm

Just because she hasn't put out a super firm stance on all of your issues doesn't mean she doesn't have a record on them. Granted, she SHOULD address all of your issues but primaries are fickle things where you can be pulled in directions that you don't want to be before the general election, so you have to be super careful about what you say now. It could bite you down the road.

People have voted for people they trust and connect with over policy forever. It really doesn't isn't just a nice guy thing, because Trump wouldn't even be in the conversation if it was. They vote for people they feel are genuine and trust, it's why our last two presidents were elected and could very well be why this one gets elected.
It's laughable that people think they can trust Donald Trump... just laughable that thought would even be put out there. I get what you're saying but isn't that just all the more damning of his supporters? If people actually paid attention in history class, he might not have the current support. Then again, the onslaught dating back to the early 90's of the GOP pandering to and stoking the racist flames of their base to gain votes has really enabled this entire situation where we now have the party's front runner being an outright racist, bigoted, petty nationalist who wants to drastically change our first amendment rights and target specific groups of minorities.

Yeah, voting for most people does come down to affinity and disaffinity (not "genuineness or trustworthiness," as those are qualities that people assign to politicians they like rather than people liking candidates for possessing them). A lot of Democrats vote because they don't want an Evangelical or racist to win and a lot of Republicans vote because they don't want someone who is friendly to minorities (whether they are one or not), intellectuals, or urbanites to win. Policy does play into it, but mostly indirectly.

Independent here. And I'm not sure what I possibly agree with that snake on considering she seems to have no real position on anything.

From what I've seen posted here, it seems her voting record is very similar to Sanders, so if you support Sanders I would have to say it's likely you agree with her position on a great many topics.

Ya but Trump would make Amurica great again! ...

It's laughable that people think they can trust Donald Trump... just laughable that thought would even be put out there. I get what you're saying but isn't that just all the more damning of his supporters? If people actually paid attention in history class, he might not have the current support. Then again, the onslaught dating back to the early 90's of the GOP pandering to and stoking the racist flames of their base to gain votes has really enabled this entire situation where we now have the party's front runner being an outright racist, bigoted, petty nationalist who wants to drastically change our first amendment rights and target specific groups of minorities.
Alot of what Trump says scares the shit outta me especially when it does come to first amendment rights. But his talking points hitting home to some people have alot more to do with us finally getting to a point economically where other issues can rise up in the discussion. And it is still national security. I vehemently oppose it but when all you hear is that Muslims are committing terrorist attacks, it's not a crazy stretch to think that people are going to want protection from them. Trump isn't even a Republican or politician. He knows what people want to hear in the current climate and is saying it.

Back