2 immigrants in US illegally are named to city commissions - yahoo

While it's known that I am on the liberal side of the political spectrum - and I am in favor of legalizing illegals that have lived in the country for years and are well integrated - it's kind of ridiculous to ignore their illegal status. I mean if somebody flies under the radar, okay. If he / she needs medical assistance, okay. If some states or cities want to not deport hardship cases, okay. Live and let live.

But both the "safe haven" thing and this, I cannot support it. It basically ignores the laws of the country and in this case even acts as though the illegal status is even an asset because they can be included to make better policies.

In other words, illegal immigrants do not have legal status which means they would have to be deported unless there is reason not to. But acting as though it did not matter is simply a wrong way to approach it.

As I said, give them legal status, then you can include these people. But including someone in a political process BECAUSE they are illegals just doesn't make sense to me.

you cannot magically give people a pass who break the law....there are amercans for those jobs, why help and outsider before a citizen..

These illegals you want freedom for are the largest group in America that constantly send money out of the country,

These people are not assimilating and the english is not the sole language...If you dont have a border and a language, you dont have a country.

these are people from a different era who should not be thrown into a high tech country..Things go bad in America, war and poverty,,,,these people will not stay and just go back right back home....they never consider the US their country.

you cannot magically give people a pass who break the law....there are amercans for those jobs, why help and outsider before a citizen..

These illegals you want freedom for are the largest group in America that constantly send money out of the country,

Money they worked for and contributed. You have a rather simplistic and negativistic view IMO.7

Money they worked for and contributed. You have a rather simplistic and negativistic view IMO.7

Yes they worked for it, but never have immigrants sent money out of the country like western union shows today. You cannot have a magic society where money is not recirculation back into society
My view is just like you would play a civilization game. Bring in uneducated, unhealthy, non speaking people into a thriving country. You start to lose the game

Yes they worked for it, but never have immigrants sent money out of the country like western union shows today. You cannot have a magic society where money is not recirculation back into society

You are the first person ever, seriously, to bring this up as a problem. Migrants all over the world, legal or not, send home money. This is a significant portion of the income in many countries. Take the Philippines as an example.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releas...rkers-major-economic-boost-developing-nations

It boosts the economies there and does two things:

1) it reduces the pressure to migrate for people living there (which is an important factor for first world countries)
2) it enables the people in these countries to buy Western products (which is an important factor for first world countries)

It's much worse when Grandma keeps her money in the piggy bank and completely withdraws the money from circulation.

America has lost it's mind, people who are here illegally...in government. And yet still the media will continue with this tack of saying the US is this racist, xenophobic hatemongering country. Can you imagine any illegal foreigner in China getting these powers? Or Japan? Or India? Or Russia? OR in fact, any sane country in the world?

What next? Why not hire an ex KGB spy to become head of the CIA? What could possibly go wrong?

Heh

My view is just like you would play a civilization game. Bring in uneducated, unhealthy, non speaking people into a thriving country. You start to lose the game

LOL, immigrants send what? like 10% of their earnings that amount to like 10-20 billions dollars a year? 0.1% of the US GDP? Also that money is directly used to buy american products and services.

If you really want to get mad at capital fleeing the country, then bring it to the corporations that control the US government, these people have outsourced trillions of dollars.

You truly are a clown, Rod, if you believe that these appointments aren't politically motivated and designed to maximize coverage by pushing the boundaries just a little further out.

Oh sure, they don't get paid. They just get a small monthly stipend.

Oh of course, they are doing jobs American won't do. Except the politician ran on the promise to appoint illegal aliens.

My God, man, are you really this stupid or do you just play stupid online?

So you didnt read the article, thanks for making it obvious.

which part of "illegal" and "undocumented" that you don't understand.

Its free work, anyone would be stupid to turn it down.

Specially if its not your fucking problem.

In some cases, they have more rights than law-abiding citizens.

If you are an illegal alien in California (and many other states), you can get in-state college tuition. Try doing that if you want to attend a California school, but you're from Nevada.
It's almost like those living in California contribute to its tax earnings and economy and therefore get access to benefits of living there. Crazy!

I am open to some arguments about what services illegal residents should or should not have access to but these threads are often pretty simplistic.

It's almost like those living in California contribute to its tax earnings and economy and therefore get access to benefits of living there. Crazy!

I am open to some arguments about what services illegal residents should or should not have access to but these threads are often pretty simplistic.

Except most illegal aliens are low wage workers, and so they do NOT contribute to the state's tax base to anywhere near the degree they take from it.

They do not own property (hence no property taxes).

They do not make much in the way of income (so they pay little in the way of state income tax).

They do not own capital (and so do not pay capital gains taxes).

It's true they probably smoke and drink more than the average citizen, and so they will pay disproportionately more excise taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.

But, yeah, give them even more benefits ! That's the ticket to a smart, well-run society.

No it's not.

What part of illegal don't you and he understand or is that being ignored.

I understand what illegal means. I also understand that it does not matter in this instance.

So what if they are here illegally? Or undocumented. Or whatever label you choose. We have taken a decision as a nation that we are not going arbitrarily deport them. You realize summary deportation to a country a person barely has a memory of ever living in is not the only way to deal with illegal immigration, right? RIGHT????? When someone speeds we don't take their car away right out of the gate do we? These kids probably got here when they were 4. What country would you deport him back to? Their parents country? It may have been their parents country at some point, but it's certainly not theirs.

If they are here, Why would we want to prevent them from working for the public good in exchange for $0. Especially since Americans in the area seem to be unwilling or incapable of participating.

Tell ya what. If it chafes your vag that much, head on over there and drum up some patriotic Americans willing to volunteer, then hit me back and I will get out my picket sign.

I did read the article and everything I said was accurate.

No, you didnt, you would have realized that

1.- They didnt got an stipend because they were illegals, they are working for free.

2.- The only reason they offered the job to illegals is because these volunteer jobs were long abandoned, nobody showed up, they werent picked over other people.

You didnt read the article, this is not some agenda or a spearhead conspiracy, its literally 2 undocumented guys (which came to the country as kids) doing some volunteering work that was offered to anyone willing to take it, because nobody was doing it.

One even volunteered for the red cross, do you bitch about that too? would you bitch if an old lady fell down and an illegal picked her up?

And in the end, its not the Mayor problem that his city is filled with illegals. Better to have them pull their weight than doing nothing because it might offend some people.

I understand what illegal means. I also understand that it does not matter in this instance.

So what if they are here illegally? Or undocumented. Or whatever label you choose. We have taken a decision as a nation that we are not going arbitrarily deport them. You realize summary deportation to a country a person barely has a memory of ever living in is not the only way to deal with illegal immigration, right? RIGHT????? When someone speeds we don't take their car away right out of the gate do we? These kids probably got here when they were 4. What country would you deport him back to? Their parents country? It may have been their parents country at some point, but it's certainly not theirs.

If they are here, Why would we want to prevent them from working for the public good in exchange for $0. Especially since Americans in the area seem to be unwilling or incapable of participating.

Tell ya what. If it chafes your vag that much, head on over there and drum up some patriotic Americans willing to volunteer, then hit me back and I will get out my picket sign.

Don't be more stupid than you have to be to make your point.

More than a million of these people have come over in the last ten years. None of them are "summarily" deported, even though they should be.

And there are also no "arbitrary" deportations. Either you belong in the country or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing arbitrary about being deported. This is like saying we arbitrarily lock up serial rapists. No, we just lock up serial rapists. There's nothing arbitrary about it once guilt is established.

Try using English like it's at least one of the languages you're familiar with. Applying inappropriate adjectives to stress your weak points is not going to cut it.

Don't be more stupid than you have to be to make your point.

More than a million of these people have come over in the last ten years. None of them are "summarily" deported, even though they should be.

And there are also no "arbitrary" deportations. Either you belong in the country or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing arbitrary about being deported. This is like saying we arbitrarily lock up serial rapists. No, we just lock up serial rapists. There's nothing arbitrary about it once guilt is established.

Try using English like it's at least one of the languages you're familiar with. Applying inappropriate adjectives to stress your weak points is not going to cut it.

Or you could start jailing people that hire illegals, that would work quicker and with far less cost.

Except most illegal aliens are low wage workers, and so they do NOT contribute to the state's tax base to anywhere near the degree they take from it.
They are low wage workers but that doesn't mean they take more than they contribute.
I wonder if property taxes are effectively paid on their behalf...
They do not make much in the way of income (so they pay little in the way of state income tax).
Sure. So? Do only the well off matter?
It's true they probably smoke and drink more than the average citizen, and so they will pay disproportionately more excise taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.
They probably eat, wear clothes, buy gas and do all kinds of other crazy things with their money!
But, yeah, give them even more benefits ! That's the ticket to a smart, well-run society.
I'm actually not in total disagreement that illegals shouldn't have access to all the benefits but if you're just going to derp out...

They should be applauded.

The undocumented get flak for not integrating enough into American society. These two didn't let their status interfere with taking active, positive roles in their communities.

I know several illegal aliens on a personal basis. I know that they do not file income tax with the IRS and they told me they don't know a single illegal who does. That said I think the story in the original post is a non-issue.

I know several illegal aliens on a personal basis. I know that they do not file income tax with the IRS and they told me they don't know a single illegal who does. That said I think the story in the original post is a non-issue.
Given the wages they likely make they would pay almost nothing in income tax, which you'll notice I didn't mention. Illegals and other people making low wages end up paying a far higher percentage of their salary in the form of sales tax though.

They do not own capital (and so do not pay capital gains taxes).

Wow- This post is so full of wrong I don't even know where to begin.

WTF dude??? You think some undocumented worker getting paid minimum wage or less is somehow dodging income tax? Have you ever even filed an income tax return in your short life. At least I'm hoping it's short, because this level of idiocy should not be tolerated past high school or so.

First off, Half of the people in the US pay 0 income tax. Secondly, pretty much any American family with children making less than about $50K collectively is not only paying 0 Federal income tax, but they are probably getting cash back from Uncle Sam due to the EITC.

So the vast, VAST majority of illegal immigrants are paying no less income tax than they would be if they were working legally.

If an illegal immigrant somehow managed to buy a house, they would pay property tax. And if they were renting, the landlord would factor property tax into the rent he charged, just like he would if the renter was an American citizen. It's no different.

The majority of Americans do not pay capital gains tax, because every penny they earn is spent.

They pay sales tax on everything they buy just as everyone else does.

Trying to argue against illegal immigration on the basis that they do not pay taxes is retarded and silly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back