2 immigrants in US illegally are named to city commissions - yahoo

No, I did not. I said earlier that I gleaned it from other reading on the topic. I also questioned why you were so stuck with the silly notion that you had to remain pure in your knowledge by reading just the one article.

Apparently the act of staying informed for you is like monogamy or something. You only sleep with one source.

No, im not obligated to look for information outside of what OP posts, if you want to add new information to a discussion then provide the link with the statements.

Obsession now stands for reading more than one article?

Since you've commented in this thread at least a dozen times, your obsession is already on display. So what you must mean is that you don't want your obsession to be informed. You prefer an ignorant obsession.

Not at all, im stating that you shouldnt make unsupported claims.

No, that's clearly what you meant.

Whatever floats your boat.

Yes, most of them are either illegal or the progeny of illegals. That's even more true in southern California.

Progeny of illegals born and raised in America are Americans.

Well, that's nonsense. Illegals don't come here to be citizens. They come here to work and earn money. Many stay and become citizens, but they don't do so out of any love for their country. They do so because they can continue earning more. That has nothing to do with citizenship.

Indeed, and they are grateful to live in a place with opportunities as opposed to a backwater shithole in their home countries.

I didn't mention race. I was talking about culture. A majority of those Hispanics in Huntington Park identify as white. (They're not, but they do identify as such.)

But you dont, thats all your fucking issue, the moment you started to lump all hispanics on one side (americans and illegals) you showed your colors.

But what you're really saying to me is that you can't think critically about some topics. They are taboo to you. So you don't know how to think about them. You allow other people to do your thinking about them for you.

No, im stating that this is a topic about illegals and citizens. You are the one that made it about whites vs hispanics.

Why would they be if they haven't been assimilated and live around a lot of other Hispanics who are fresh over the border? They don't vote when they get citizenship. They don't volunteer. They don't have a love of country.

Being a citizen in law doesn't make them citizens at heart.

Because hispanics core identity is their family, they dont carry a culture that prevents integration, like italians they didnt came with strong national identities.

LOL ! Every empire? From the Manchus to the Mongolians? From the Brits to the Aztecs? You sound like a very confident historian who doesn't have a clue.

Wealth for the most part has always been the start of the decline of an empire.

Of course they are softer. The whole world is softer. But softness is derived from wealth and brains, and wealth and brains are the key to strength. The Brits were softer than many of the people they ruled in the nineteenth century, but it didn't matter; they still ruled them.

Wealth, yes, brains not so much.

And Brits were far harder than the Chinese or Indians.

People also cheat to improve their lives. They lie and steal to improve their lives. They do all kind of wrong and illegal things to improve their lives.

Good thing that illegals choose the path of work.

Mexico is not that poor, son, so you should file this away with your claim that all empires die from softness. It's not a shitty place. People aren't dying from starvation down there. In fact, Mexico is one of the most obese countries in the world. Life expectancy is moderately high. It's a mid-tier country with pockets of real poverty and problems with maintaining state control.

Clearly you dont know Mexico. Mexico is a pretty nice place to live if you have money, if you are a farm worker you may as well be living in Somalia.

Again, you're just silly to claim that Mexico is a shitty country. It's not. Travel to some countries in Central America or the Caribbean and you'll discover what real shitty places are like.

Mexico is comprised of islands of wealth surrounded by abject poverty my friend, illegals are not living in these islands of wealth, they are living on poverty.

We don't need you spouting your antiquated rhetoric. You aren't gonna screw this up for the rest of us. I can't wait to achieve my goal of serving in a Russian government position when I go there illegally and expect them to cater to me. It's only possible if close-minded fools like you start growing up.

Actually we need. What we don't need is your dumb rhetoric.

And yeah, serving in Russian government is totally possible for illegals when they have enough money to bribe officials to issue them valid resident documents.

So the capitalist class can get all of the upside without any of the downside. Nice.

"I have no problem with allowing Jose to pick my strawberries for sub-minimum wage. As long as he isn't allowed to help vote the right-wing candidates I support out of office. And my tax rate won't be affected by the additional burden his presence in the US would place on the social safety net."

yes basically that's what im saying, except i believe its the small/medium sized businesses that get more of the upside then the "capital class". Like i said before, most large corporations have a base minimum wage so they can't pay illegals 8 bucks an hour. Local small businesses can and do pay them under the table for pennies. If it becomes so bad that they don't want to come, then the problem solves itself.

This isn't the nineteen-seventies, anymore. Not one percent of illegal aliens are engaged in strawberry picking or washing dishes. They're doing good jobs that Americans would gladly do at a slightly higher wage - and sometimes not even that.

have you ever worked in a restaurant or a grocery store?

Actually we need. What we don't need is your dumb rhetoric.

And yeah, serving in Russian government is totally possible for illegals when they have enough money to bribe officials to issue them valid resident documents.

Source?

Who cares. I'd rather have an increase of immigrants that we have shared cultural beliefs with than the shit Europe is dealing with. With native birth rates falling we need more people to fight our culture wars in the next 50 years or so.

Back