2 immigrants in US illegally are named to city commissions - yahoo

We have absolutely not made the decision as a nation that we arent going to deport them. Most Americans think illegals should be deported. And why wouldnt most Americans feel that way ? Its our treasonous administration that puts the rights of illegal aliens over the rights of American citizens. And people like you that give them the power to do it.

The administration is not the one hiring illegals. People hiring illegals is what creates an immigration problem.

BTW im not American and i certainly dont give a fuck about immigration problems in America, they could deport all illegals for all i care, but people that grew up in America and are thrown into a different country just because of what their parents did. Thats fucked up.

The administration is not the one hiring illegals. People hiring illegals is what creates an immigration problem.

BTW im not American and i certainly dont give a fuck about immigration problems in America, they could deport all illegals for all i care, but people that grew up in America and are thrown into a different country just because of what their parents did. Thats fucked up.

I agree that corps/businesses that hire illegals are contributing to the problem tremendously. If there wasnt anyone willing to hire them, than they might not be as motivated to come here. But the same administration that is making it easy for the illegals to get here is never going to penalize anyone for hiring them.

As far as deporting kids whose parents brought them here, its a complicated problem. But if an adult couple decides to cross the border illegally knowing that they could be deported at anytime who is to blame when that inevitably happens ? The govt for having its immigration rules or the people who chose to cross illegally fully knowing the consequence?

Yeah. It's funny to see people outraged over illegals getting appointed to non-paid positions within a local government. But when thousands of US employers are hiring illegals for real money these same critics say we can't blame the businesses... it's just the nature of competition in a marketplace - of course they're going to try and lower their costs by taking advantage of cheaper, available labor.

Trust me... All the non-paying local government positions in the nation wouldn't bring poor Latinos over the border if every American giving them a job simply stopped doing so. The US private sector is the entity to blame for illegal immigration. Period.

According to your account, the U.S. paid for your education and it paid for your family's very expensive surgeries that you almost certainly would not have been able to pay for in your country of origin, and yet you have the nerve to sit here and tell me that the U.S. didn't give you anything?

Remember: Your family didn't belong here. Anything it and you got in the U.S. were gifts from the American people.

But instead of being grateful for what you did get as a non-citizen, you complain to us for not giving you more. Typical welfare mentality.

LOL @ typical welfare mentality
Obviously only my public education was free, but you probably don't care about that. But thanks to you too dude. I'm in a better place now so thanks

The only thing I wish I had was financial aid for school. American students sure are having a hard time with those aren't they?

And you obviously ignored the fact that my small business contributes to our nation. But what do i care, typical welfare mentality amirite.

Present me with a solution bruh. Bc some tax payer built wall ain't solving shit, but I guess it's a start. Give me solutions. Ask yourself why people leave their homes to cross an imaginary line because they think shits a little greener.

Ps, the US didn't not give me anything. It gave me a decent shot at moving up the tax bracket. Giving me the chance to go from ashy to classy :cool:

Edit: this the confusing part to me as well. My family qualified to be free of charge of those very expensive surgeries. But how? My mother told me that it was because we were poor. But how is it a non citizen qualifies? Literally just by being poor is it. So how does that get solved? Do we as a whole simply refuse health care (if this is what it is) or what? It sounds like that's the governments fault, not the illegals, for allowing people to get healthy.

I honestly thought they were gaming the system or something but they're not. What do you do about that? Or is it even an actual problem in the first place, cause it honestly sounds like the govt has that in place purposefully.

Last edited:
I have no problems with illegal aliens who want to come here and work(I actually dated one for two years and almost married her for papers), but i dont think they should be elligible for social welfare programs or able to get government positions. Also they shouldnt be abe to vote or have any political power of any kind.

I have no problems with illegal aliens who want to come here and work(I actually dated one for two years and almost married her for papers), but i dont think they should be elligible for social welfare programs or able to get government positions. Also they shouldnt be abe to vote or have any political power of any kind.

Exactly. They should only be allowed to increase the bottom lines of American corporations by driving American wages down. :rolleyes:

Exactly. They should only be allowed to increase the bottom lines of American corporations by driving American wages down. :rolleyes:

Small buisnesses employ illegal immigrant just as much if not more than corporations. Have you ever been to an independant grocery store? Kitchen of a restaraunt? Car wash? National corporations typically have a standard minimun wage that they pay all of their lowerst teir workers, making hiring illegals less important. Mom and pop stores dont, they can pay a dishwasher 8 dollars an hour and its worth it. And to be honest, american people dont want to wash dishes or pick strawberries.

Good. If they are qualified to do the job regardless of what country they came from then I see no problem.

There a lot of lazy Americans that do nothing with there life. Just because you are born here doesn't me crap to me.

Any of us could've easily been born in a foreign country. Get off the high horse people.

Small buisnesses employ illegal immigrant just as much if not more than corporations. Have you ever been to an independant grocery store? Kitchen of a restaraunt? Car wash? National corporations typically have a standard minimun wage that they pay all of their lowerst teir workers, making hiring illegals less important. Mom and pop stores dont, they can pay a dishwasher 8 dollars an hour and its worth it. And to be honest, american people dont want to wash dishes or pick strawberries.

As I said in my initial post... The blame for illegals lies at the feet of private enterprise. It is a product of the profit motive. Whether big, small, or anywhere in between, the conduct of US businesses is the problem.

Just as you would have no drug trade without users, you would have no illegal immigration without companies ready to hire them.

As I said in my initial post... The blame for illegals lies at the feet of private enterprise. It is a product of the profit motive. Whether big, small, or anywhere in between, the conduct of US businesses is the problem.

Just as you would have no drug trade without users, you would have no illegal immigration without companies ready to hire them.

We agree as to why they are here, i just dont see it as a major problem. As i said in my initial post......my proposed way to discourage illegals from coming here is to not allow them social welfare benefits or government jobs.

This isn't the nineteen-seventies, anymore. Not one percent of illegal aliens are engaged in strawberry picking or washing dishes. They're doing good jobs that Americans would gladly do at a slightly higher wage - and sometimes not even that.

Really? which post again?

Here.

I can see how you missed it. I put the quote in bright red font.

Do you have any evidence or just wild speculations?

There's plenty of evidence for those willing to look.

Yes the American citizens are more apathetic than the illegal kids because they take the country for granted since they lived there.

Isn't that what we are discussing?

No, you clearly thought you could blame whitey for this situation, even though he has nothing to do with it.

Huntington Park is filled will illegal aliens and the recent progeny of illegal aliens. So the "hair of the dog" strategy you advocated, whereby illegal aliens come and take the jobs or non-salaried positions of the children of illegal aliens, is a short-term solution with no long-term good.

Again, the positions were abandoned until they started to take virtually anyone, and its not because Americans are apathetic, its because its natural for people to take shit they were born under for granted.

The positions were left vacant because Hispanics are not good American citizens. They're apathetic and uninformed. Go to any majority white town and you'll find plenty of volunteers for all kinds of positions that no one in their right mind ought to want to do. But volunteerism is high in America. Huntington Park turns to illegal aliens because it's mainly Hispanic and America no longer bothers with assimilation by forcing people to adhere to the norm of this country.

LOL, still swimming in circles right? you dont give a fuck about the citizens vs non-citizens argument, all you care is about WASP vs Hispanic. So start calling it like it is.

I most certainly do care about the citizenship angle to this argument, which is really most of what there is to it. The only reason to really care about this news item at all is because it deals with handing over the perogatives of citizenship to illegal aliens.

They are certainly not my colors, and yes, the sons and daughter that didnt had to leave a country and a life to get into a foreign country to try and make shit better for their family are more entitled than the parents? Seriously? Its a story as old as history itself.

Old as history itself? My, that is awfully deep (if not very well thought out or true).

You assume that somehow the migrant is always more morally superior than the citizen, which is a dumb thing to believe.

Like I suggested earlier, this is really less about you liking illegal aliens than you hating your fellow Americans. You despise them. You think they're entitled bitches and spoiled.

But there nothing special or morally superior about the migrant.

But go ahead, im not playing your stupid game and making it about race or ethnicity.

But you're the one who made it that by claiming the people of Huntington Park were just regular spoiled Americans, as if it were normal for second-generation Hispanic-Americans, most of whom grew up in poverty, to be spoiled by the circumstances of their birth. You make it sound as if Huntington Park is like Beverly Hills.

LOL @ typical welfare mentality
Obviously only my public education was free, but you probably don't care about that. But thanks to you too dude. I'm in a better place now so thanks

The only thing I wish I had was financial aid for school. American students sure are having a hard time with those aren't they?

And you obviously ignored the fact that my small business contributes to our nation. But what do i care, typical welfare mentality amirite.

Present me with a solution bruh. Bc some tax payer built wall ain't solving shit, but I guess it's a start. Give me solutions. Ask yourself why people leave their homes to cross an imaginary line because they think shits a little greener.

Ps, the US didn't not give me anything. It gave me a decent shot at moving up the tax bracket. Giving me the chance to go from ashy to classy :cool:

Edit: this the confusing part to me as well. My family qualified to be free of charge of those very expensive surgeries. But how? My mother told me that it was because we were poor. But how is it a non citizen qualifies? Literally just by being poor is it. So how does that get solved? Do we as a whole simply refuse health care (if this is what it is) or what? It sounds like that's the governments fault, not the illegals, for allowing people to get healthy.

I honestly thought they were gaming the system or something but they're not. What do you do about that? Or is it even an actual problem in the first place, cause it honestly sounds like the govt has that in place purposefully.

My point was simple and doesn't need to be complicated by a bunch of verbiage: You live in a better place today because the U.S. government is slackly tolerant towards foreign law breakers. You should be appreciative of that, but you're not. You're already looking for the next gimme.

I'm glad members of your family got well, but this country can't afford to care for all the sick people of the world who need surgeries. It also can't afford to put everyone's child through its free public school system.

Your parents got through a loophole and you benefitted. Congratulations. The law breaking paid off for them. And for you. But that loophole now needs to be closed. That's the solution.

Here.

I can see how you missed it. I put the quote in bright red font.

I see the article, but you claimed it was in the OT article.

Unlike you im not obssessed with such topics as to glean everything about them, if you are bringing another source then put it forward before using it as argument.

No, you clearly thought you could blame whitey for this situation, even though he has nothing to do with it.

LOL, only in your crazy head.

Im talking about illegals and americans, and you immediatly jump into hispanics vs whites, because clearly only whites are real americans and all latinos are illegals.

Huntington Park is filled will illegal aliens and the recent progeny of illegal aliens. So the "hair of the dog" strategy you advocated, whereby illegal aliens come and take the jobs or non-salaried positions of the children of illegal aliens, is a short-term solution with no long-term good.

And the progeny, which are born and raised in America and American citizens are more apathetic than those who arent, which is my point, immigrants dont take shit for granted.

The positions were left vacant because Hispanics are not good American citizens. They're apathetic and uninformed. Go to any majority white town and you'll find plenty of volunteers for all kinds of positions that no one in their right mind ought to want to do. But volunteerism is high in America. Huntington Park turns to illegal aliens because it's mainly Hispanic and America no longer bothers with assimilation by forcing people to adhere to the norm of this country.

Im not picking up the race bait.

I most certainly do care about the citizenship angle to this argument, which is really most of what there is to it. The only reason to really care about this news item at all is because it deals with handing over the perogatives of citizenship to illegal aliens.

the perogative of doing work for free.

Also lol at caring about the citizen angle, you are claiming that US born and raised hispanics arent true citizens.

Old as history itself? My, that is awfully deep (if not very well thought out or true).

You assume that somehow the migrant is always more morally superior than the citizen, which is a dumb thing to believe.

No, the ones that come from bottom are harder working than the one that gets handed everything, thats how every fucking empire has risen and then collapsed.

The warrior king that forged a kingdom has a mediocre kid as succesor and a mad or tyrant as grandson.

Compare the Americans that grew in the great depression vs the Americans of today, if you cant see people are softer today you are dellusional.

Like I suggested earlier, this is really less about you liking illegal aliens than you hating your fellow Americans. You despise them. You think they're entitled bitches and spoiled.

But there nothing special or morally superior about the migrant

Nope, its about recognizing people that works hard to improve their life.

But you're the one who made it that by claiming the people of Huntington Park were just regular spoiled Americans, as if it were normal for second-generation Hispanic-Americans, most of whom grew up in poverty, to be spoiled by the circumstances of their birth. You make it sound as if Huntington Park is like Beverly Hills.

You clearly dont know Mexico, and you clearly dont know where these people came from. Even in poverty, their kids are in a far better position than the parents who immigrated.

Yes, they are spoiled, thats why you will find more patriotism in the illegal parents than the second gen sons who may even despise the nation, because they dont know how shitty life can be in Mexico or other places.

I see the article, but you claimed it was in the OT article.

No, I did not. I said earlier that I gleaned it from other reading on the topic. I also questioned why you were so stuck with the silly notion that you had to remain pure in your knowledge by reading just the one article.

Apparently the act of staying informed for you is like monogamy or something. You only sleep with one source.

Unlike you im not obssessed with such topics as to glean everything about them, if you are bringing another source then put it forward before using it as argument.

Obsession now stands for reading more than one article?

Since you've commented in this thread at least a dozen times, your obsession is already on display. So what you must mean is that you don't want your obsession to be informed. You prefer an ignorant obsession.

LOL, only in your crazy head.

No, that's clearly what you meant.

I'm talking about illegals and americans, and you immediately jump into hispanics vs whites, because clearly only whites are real americans and all latinos are illegals.

Yes, most of them are either illegal or the progeny of illegals. That's even more true in southern California.

And the progeny, which are born and raised in America and American citizens are more apathetic than those who arent, which is my point, immigrants dont take shit for granted.

Well, that's nonsense. Illegals don't come here to be citizens. They come here to work and earn money. Many stay and become citizens, but they don't do so out of any love for their country. They do so because they can continue earning more. That has nothing to do with citizenship.

Im not picking up the race bait.

I didn't mention race. I was talking about culture. A majority of those Hispanics in Huntington Park identify as white. (They're not, but they do identify as such.)

But what you're really saying to me is that you can't think critically about some topics. They are taboo to you. So you don't know how to think about them. You allow other people to do your thinking about them for you.

Also lol at caring about the citizen angle, you are claiming that US born and raised hispanics arent true citizens.

Why would they be if they haven't been assimilated and live around a lot of other Hispanics who are fresh over the border? They don't vote when they get citizenship. They don't volunteer. They don't have a love of country.

Being a citizen in law doesn't make them citizens at heart.

No, the ones that come from bottom are harder working than the one that gets handed everything, thats how every fucking empire has risen and then collapsed.

LOL ! Every empire? From the Manchus to the Mongolians? From the Brits to the Aztecs? You sound like a very confident historian who doesn't have a clue.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your little history of the world needs some work. Empires have fallen for all kinds of reasons, including getting swamped demographically.

Compare the Americans that grew in the great depression vs the Americans of today, if you cant see people are softer today you are delusional.

Of course they are softer. The whole world is softer. But softness is derived from wealth and brains, and wealth and brains are the key to strength. The Brits were softer than many of the people they ruled in the nineteenth century, but it didn't matter; they still ruled them.

Nope, its about recognizing people that works hard to improve their life.

People also cheat to improve their lives. They lie and steal to improve their lives. They do all kind of wrong and illegal things to improve their lives.

You clearly dont know Mexico, and you clearly dont know where these people came from. Even in poverty, their kids are in a far better position than the parents who immigrated.

Mexico is not that poor, son, so you should file this away with your claim that all empires die from softness. It's not a shitty place. People aren't dying from starvation down there. In fact, Mexico is one of the most obese countries in the world. Life expectancy is moderately high. It's a mid-tier country with pockets of real poverty and problems with maintaining state control.

Yes, they are spoiled, thats why you will find more patriotism in the illegal parents than the second gen sons who may even despise the nation, because they dont know how shitty life can be in Mexico or other places.

Again, you're just silly to claim that Mexico is a shitty country. It's not. Travel to some countries in Central America or the Caribbean and you'll discover what real shitty places are like.

We agree as to why they are here, i just dont see it as a major problem. As i said in my initial post......my proposed way to discourage illegals from coming here is to not allow them social welfare benefits or government jobs.

So the capitalist class can get all of the upside without any of the downside. Nice.

"I have no problem with allowing Jose to pick my strawberries for sub-minimum wage. As long as he isn't allowed to help vote the right-wing candidates I support out of office. And my tax rate won't be affected by the additional burden his presence in the US would place on the social safety net."

So the capitalist class can get all of the upside without any of the downside. Nice.

"I have no problem with allowing Jose to pick my strawberries for sub-minimum wage. As long as he isn't allowed to help vote the right-wing candidates I support out of office. And my tax rate won't be affected by the additional burden his presence in the US would place on the social safety net."

They shouldn't be allowed jobs also.

Employers that are found to have illegals working for them and it can be proven they knew they were illegal should be fined 10,000 dollars a day for each one for each day they were working.

They shouldn't be allowed jobs also.

Employers that are found to have illegals working for them and it can be proven they knew they were illegal should be fined 10,000 dollars a day for each one for each day they were working.

It's nice to see at least one conservative poster here with such an attitude. Do you also oppose the perpetual worker visa "solution" that's been floated by some on the right?

Illegals are not paid subminimum wage, they usually do jobs where you get paid for work done.

My point was simple and doesn't need to be complicated by a bunch of verbiage: You live in a better place today because the U.S. government is slackly tolerant towards foreign law breakers. You should be appreciative of that, but you're not. You're already looking for the next gimme.

I'm glad members of your family got well, but this country can't afford to care for all the sick people of the world who need surgeries. It also can't afford to put everyone's child through its free public school system.

Your parents got through a loophole and you benefitted. Congratulations. The law breaking paid off for them. And for you. But that loophole now needs to be closed. That's the solution.

But that's the thing, it's not a loophole. It looks to me like the idea behind the current set up is to mitigate having a bunch of uneducated sick people. Seems like it would've gone under long ago if it couldn't be paid for, but again I do not know.

I'm wondering, how can this nation not afford it? What would happen if all forms of public aid, including education, were non existent if you're here illegally? Just speculate it with me.

Say all illegals moved in large numbers back to their native land, what would happen from there? What would happen within the US

Not that I need to point it out, but we're certainly not arguing, just discuss the other side of the spectrum. What's your point of view, Im highly intrigued.

Back