2 immigrants in US illegally are named to city commissions - yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/report-2-immigrants-us-illegally-named-city-panels-171034876.html#

Huntington Park, a small city in Los Angeles County.

"the appointments struck a controversial note."

I'll bet.

Well, 2 big take away's for me, after reading and listening to the report.

1) The positions are unpaid. That's right, no money. Not even the small $75-$100 monthly stipend that normally accompanies an civic appointment.

2) The reason for the appointments- No one else was interested.

When Karina Macias was elected mayor of Huntington Park, a small city in Los Angeles County, she noticed that many of its commissions were no longer active.

The reason: Lack of interest.

Not one soul gave a shit about these posts until they were given to undocumented immigrants. Not one American citizen in the community was willing to get off their backside and do it. Now that it's happened though-----OUTRAGE!!!!!!! These unpaid volunteer appointments should be going to Muricans that have no fucking interest in them!!!!!

So basically, in this part of the country at least, undocumented immigrants are more patriotic, and more deserving of citizenship, than actual American citizens.

The whining, bitching, moaning American citizens of Huntington park CA win today's Pamprin award.

51AtR7z5dnL._SX300_.jpg

The US boarders are completely out of control. How hard is the richest nation in the world to control its boarders? I mean over 20 million illeagals and the number keep growing

The US boarders are completely out of control. How hard is the richest nation in the world to control its boarders? I mean over 20 million illeagals and the number keep growing

It's pretty obvious that the political will is to leave the borders open. Those in the highest seats of power want the flood.

1) The positions are unpaid. That's right, no money. Not even the small $75-$100 monthly stipend that normally accompanies an civic appointment.

Not one soul gave a shit about these posts until they were given to undocumented immigrants. Not one American citizen in the community was willing to get off their backside and do it. Now that it's happened though-----OUTRAGE!!!!!!! These unpaid volunteer appointments should be going to Muricans that have no fucking interest in them!!!!!

So basically, in this part of the country at least, undocumented immigrants are more patriotic, and more deserving of citizenship, than actual American citizens.

The whining, bitching, moaning American citizens of Huntington park CA win today's Pamprin award.

51AtR7z5dnL._SX300_.jpg

Doing Jobs Americans won't do yo!

For cheaper too!

You really think we want to control our borders lol?

Really?

lol who cares. Have you been to Huntington Park? It's a shithole.

America is mentally retarded. Well, the left side of its brain is.

America you are losing big time....citizens with zero backbone,,,prime for the taking...

Has anyone even read the article? They are volunteering, one even was a red cross volunteer. Seems to me that these 2 illegals have a higher civic duty for the country they live in than citizens.

Well they know where they are and they are illegal, the feds should be able to pick them up and deport them.

Oh that's right the administration has decided not to enforce that law.

Has anyone even read the article? They are volunteering, one even was a red cross volunteer. Seems to me that these 2 illegals have a higher civic duty for the country they live in than citizens.

which part of "illegal" and "undocumented" that you don't understand.

51AtR7z5dnL._SX300_.jpg

Quoting this post since it's being ignored by all the outraged muricans

You truly are a clown, Rod, if you believe that these appointments aren't politically motivated and designed to maximize coverage by pushing the boundaries just a little further out.

Oh sure, they don't get paid. They just get a small monthly stipend.

Oh of course, they are doing jobs American won't do. Except the politician ran on the promise to appoint illegal aliens.

My God, man, are you really this stupid or do you just play stupid online?

While it's known that I am on the liberal side of the political spectrum - and I am in favor of legalizing illegals that have lived in the country for years and are well integrated - it's kind of ridiculous to ignore their illegal status. I mean if somebody flies under the radar, okay. If he / she needs medical assistance, okay. If some states or cities want to not deport hardship cases, okay. Live and let live.

But both the "safe haven" thing and this, I cannot support it. It basically ignores the laws of the country and in this case even acts as though the illegal status is even an asset because they can be included to make better policies.

In other words, illegal immigrants do not have legal status which means they would have to be deported unless there is reason not to. But acting as though it did not matter is simply a wrong way to approach it.

As I said, give them legal status, then you can include these people. But including someone in a political process BECAUSE they are illegals just doesn't make sense to me.

Back