17 days of prep- Aspinall vs Pavlovich

Meh, 17 days is plenty. Presumably they're both already training generally, and if you need much more than 17 days of game planning and trying to make up a skill discrepancy in some area, you were probably overmatched to begin with.

17 days is enough time!

they are professional fighters they should have been training and improving anytime of the year regardless of having an opponent or not

Meh, 17 days is plenty. Presumably they're both already training generally, and if you need much more than 17 days of game planning and trying to make up a skill discrepancy in some area, you were probably overmatched to begin with.
On the regional circuit, sure. At this level, they're peaking athletically at a certain point. We're not gonna see Tom at peak performance unless he was already planning to fight at that card just in case.

I think Tom has had 2x training camps for pav that got cancelled when pav has to pull out
I could be wrong, I think Tom has way faster hands

Pavlovich will be in shape. Aspinall was supposed to be a sparring partner for Tyson Fury in his camp. I don’t know if that actually happened or not but if it did he is going to be in shape, as well. That’s good enough for me.

It’s like the old school one night tournament days or Pride where they wouldn’t give you enough time to prepare for a specific opponent. It’s less strategic and more of a fight. Each man brings his best and let’s see who is better. If a fight breaks out in bar you don’t get to watch tape of the other guy.

In the war room though, why isn't that sticky here in the forum that gets most views and really matters? Why did it need to be suppressed into an obscure forum that many members dont even check out?

And I wouldn't be surprised if that really did happen,(the part about soros) let's not act like censorship isn't real and getting worse now with big tech. Soros is actively funding DAs with revolving door policies to let criminals out sooner and cause the crime rate to go up so they can later justify a complete nwo police state/Marshall law...he also funds the diversity and lgbqt programs in schools and colleges to foment the division...trying to break the family unit.

Bud light is illuminatti just like Disney and just like ESPN. It's not so far fetched of an idea If you really research and not just dismiss it as conspiracy theory.

BTW regarding evolve media, and before it, crave media (the entity that powers the forums here at sherdog) didn't someone make a thread years ago proving that it was owned by media giant ESPN?

I like sherdog and I get along with most mods but I also have seen how threads get obscured for no good reason just because you have banter between the conservative majority and the woke minority.

If I'm wrong then so be it, but it's valid speculation imo
Just so you know, I'm with you 100%.
But.... knowing and speaking the truth can be lonely. The Bible is clear about the strange times we're living in.
I'm so glad I live in Georgia where sanity still prevails (though not so much last election).

Pavlovich will be in shape. Aspinall was supposed to be a sparring partner for Tyson Fury in his camp. I don’t know if that actually happened or not but if it did he is going to be in shape, as well. That’s good enough for me.

It’s like the old school one night tournament days or Pride where they wouldn’t give you enough time to prepare for a specific opponent. It’s less strategic and more of a fight. Each man brings his best and let’s see who is better. If a fight breaks out in bar you don’t get to watch tape of the other guy.
Some bars have a tape viewing room in the back. It's a gentleman agreement to pause and view tape. And even if you lose, that's all right as long as you had fun and got some exercise.

It sort of cheapens the outcome. Aspinall can be like "yep had no prep, oh well". And then basically doesn't count for shit for Pavlovich in fans eyes. We'll have threads like "rebook Pav/Aspinall with full training camp!", so basically doesn't matter unless Aspinall wins for it to count. Even then they become interim champ, which is sort of not really official.
That's what you get when we replace fights instead of just canceling them.
But it's up to the fighter to make an intelligent decision. If Aspinall gets wrecked he probably puts himself back two years to get another shot.

17 days is enough time!

they are professional fighters they should have been training and improving anytime of the year regardless of having an opponent or not
Um...
Did....
....you....
....see....
the ..... last.... event?

Man between this and the bud light sponsorship scandal, the ufc is a shitshow right now.

Havnt seen the details of the injury yet but what if this is a cover up for a new Jon jones failed test or something corrupt like that? We will probably never know.

BTW why don't I see any threads on the ufc bud light sponsorship news on the first 3 pages of this forum? Is the topic being suppressed by mods? Wouldn't surprise me

It's a trending topic all over the web, even mainstream is reporting on it and how fighters will be passed off

I'm sure they're being deleted because every time a thread pops up it turns into an absolute dumpster fire. Do we really need that garbage on an MMA forum?

But.... knowing and speaking the truth can be lonely. The Bible is clear about the strange times we're living in.
I'm so glad I live in Georgia where sanity still prevails (though not so much last election).
Amen for that, may God protect you and your loved ones during these tribulations

I'm sure they're being deleted because every time a thread pops up it turns into an absolute dumpster fire. Do we really need that garbage on an MMA forum?
It's not garbage to some people.
But I get it if you don't want politics mixed with sport.

In the war room though, why isn't that sticky here in the forum that gets most views and really matters? Why did it need to be suppressed into an obscure forum that many members dont even check out?

And I wouldn't be surprised if that really did happen,(the part about soros) let's not act like censorship isn't real and getting worse now with big tech. Soros is actively funding DAs with revolving door policies to let criminals out sooner and cause the crime rate to go up so they can later justify a complete nwo police state/Marshall law...he also funds the diversity and lgbqt programs in schools and colleges to foment the division...trying to break the family unit.

Bud light is illuminatti just like Disney and just like ESPN. It's not so far fetched of an idea If you really research and not just dismiss it as conspiracy theory.

BTW regarding evolve media, and before it, crave media (the entity that powers the forums here at sherdog) didn't someone make a thread years ago proving that it was owned by media giant ESPN?

I like sherdog and I get along with most mods but I also have seen how threads get obscured for no good reason just because you have banter between the conservative majority and the woke minority.

I've decided that I speak for all of sherdog when I say, take this shit to the fucking war room.

Bro you are an embarrassment

Only a man who had to fight his whole life against his suppressed urge to suck a fat plumpy delicious cock would care this much about the bud light shit

It's not garbage to some people.
But I get it if you don't want politics mixed with sport.

I appreciate the non troll response, you're right. A thread about Pav and Aspinalls prep time somehow turned into Bud Light talk, which is kind of annoying. It feels like this is happening in every other thread lol

Um...
Did....
....you....
....see....
the ..... last.... event?
Yes i did. What does that have to do with the 17 days notice? Volk could have been caught by a kick even after 6 months of camp.

this time they are both short notice and might go for broke early

Back