17 days of prep- Aspinall vs Pavlovich

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
In the same way I wanted to see the Volk vs Islam rematch with both at their best coming out of full camps game planned for each other, having the awesome Aspinall vs Pavlovich with them basically having 2 weeks of dedicated prep for each other means we won't get the best version of each fighter, or the best fight we could have had between them

Not even issues like cardio concerns, but rather not having a camp dedicated to what each side feels will work for them after film study, and spending weeks drilling the areas they feel vulnerable to better shut down what their opponent can do well.

Who does the short notice fight benefit more do you think? I feel that always lends a better opportunity to the power puncher.

Man between this and the bud light sponsorship scandal, the ufc is a shitshow right now.

Havnt seen the details of the injury yet but what if this is a cover up for a new Jon jones failed test or something corrupt like that? We will probably never know.

BTW why don't I see any threads on the ufc bud light sponsorship news on the first 3 pages of this forum? Is the topic being suppressed by mods? Wouldn't surprise me

It's a trending topic all over the web, even mainstream is reporting on it and how fighters will be passed off

Last edited:
Man between thus and the bud light sponsorship scandal, the ufc is a shitshow right now.

Havnt seen the details of the injury yet but what if this is a cover up for a new Jon jones failed test or something corrupt like that? We will probably never know.

There's literally video of Jones tearing his pectoral tendon and he's having surgery.

Go figure when you're approaching 40, have 20 years of high level athletics under your belt and add 25-35 lbs of tissue and are lifting much heavier than ever before you get a tear, lol...but maybe it's a mass conspriacy!

Man between thus and the bud light sponsorship scandal, the ufc is a shitshow right now.

The UFC has been a shit show for a very long time now, it's not a sport. From the refs, to the doctors, to judging and the favoritism. Don't even get me started with the whole power slap bull crap btw.

Last edited:
There's literally video of Jones tearing his pectoral tendon and he's having surgery.

Go figure when you're approaching 40, have 20 years of high level athletics under your belt and add 25-35 lbs of tissue and are lifting much heavier than ever before you get a tear, lol...but maybe it's a mass conspriacy!
Mass what?

Shedog waking up this morning looking at their phones with all this crazy news.... so much to process
wake-up-meme.gif

No Steak? -- open up the Spam and serve it on a Royal Platter.

Man between this and the bud light sponsorship scandal, the ufc is a shitshow right now.

BTW why don't I see any threads on the ufc bud light sponsorship news on the first 3 pages of this forum? Is the topic being suppressed by mods? Wouldn't surprise me

It's a trending topic all over the web, even mainstream is reporting on the phallic and how fighters will be passed off

Does anyone care what kind of piss water the ufc promotes?

Just curious

It's a trending topic all over the web, even mainstream is reporting on the phallic and how fighters will be passed off

Yeah, George Soros contacted staff last night and threatened to shut us down if we allowed any discussion about UFC sponsorship deals.

Oh wait, there's a mega thread in the War Room on the topic. Lots of tears. Lots of grown ass men turned into absolute puddles.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...back-as-the-official-beer-of-the-ufc.4312119/

Yeah, George Soros contacted staff last night and threatened to shut us down if we allowed any discussion about UFC sponsorship deals.

Oh wait, there's a mega thread in the War Room on the topic. Lots of tears. Lots of grown ass men turned into absolute puddles.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...back-as-the-official-beer-of-the-ufc.4312119/

In the war room though, why isn't that sticky here in the forum that gets most views and really matters? Why did it need to be suppressed into an obscure forum that many members dont even check out?

And I wouldn't be surprised if that really did happen,(the part about soros) let's not act like censorship isn't real and getting worse now with big tech. Soros is actively funding DAs with revolving door policies to let criminals out sooner and cause the crime rate to go up so they can later justify a complete nwo police state/Marshall law...he also funds the diversity and lgbqt programs in schools and colleges to foment the division...trying to break the family unit.

Bud light is illuminatti just like Disney and just like ESPN. It's not so far fetched of an idea If you really research and not just dismiss it as conspiracy theory.

BTW regarding evolve media, and before it, crave media (the entity that powers the forums here at sherdog) didn't someone make a thread years ago proving that it was owned by media giant ESPN?

I like sherdog and I get along with most mods but I also have seen how threads get obscured for no good reason just because you have banter between the conservative majority and the woke minority.

If I'm wrong then so be it, but it's valid speculation imo

It sort of cheapens the outcome. Aspinall can be like "yep had no prep, oh well". And then basically doesn't count for shit for Pavlovich in fans eyes. We'll have threads like "rebook Pav/Aspinall with full training camp!", so basically doesn't matter unless Aspinall wins for it to count. Even then they become interim champ, which is sort of not really official.

I don't think it matters. Aspinall is severely overrated and Sergei has been training to be a replacement for this event anyway

Pavlovich has the advantage as he seems to have Ngannou level power and doesn't need to out technique Aspinall to win. He just needs to land a good shot.

Pav is ready for deployment
Remember the “stay ready” era
He’s one of those guys

It won't matter as much as it does at lighter weights, but yeah. I'm tired of this shit. Stop throwing potentially career altering fights together on three weeks' notice.

If their teams are worth a damn. They have had eachother in their sights for a while now. Jones said he wanted his last fight at MSG. Both teams should have seen the showdown coming months ago.

The film should have already been watched. The basic game plan should have already been made.

It’s not ideal. But should not in any way be a surprise.

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed this fight is happening on short notice. Still excited for it but would have preferred they both had a full camp.

Back