16 year old beats elite women

This message is hidden because Gervinho is on your ignore list.

I highly recommend everyone else to do the same.

Criticizing women for being defeated by 16 year old elite "boys" might look embarrassing at face value but those same "boys" are on the same level as semi-pro adult competitors in most cases.

16 year old elite athletes are close to Elite if not Elite at the adult age.

Jack Hale is the quickest under 18 sprinter in Australia.
At 16 years old with an Official PB and Australian Junior record of 10.42 sec, he is faster then most Adults let alone boys.

In fact every "boy" in an Australian state final can run the 100m in the 10 sec bracket.
I would shudder to think how fast Black "boys" in the US,UK, Canada, Jamaica are. ( in fact the fastest ever "boy" was a then 16 year old Japanese Yoshihide Kiryu who had a PB of 10.19 sec :eek:)

While these times are not winning any medals at the Olympics (and this is freaking Australia a non sprinting stand out country) if an NFL, NBA or Pro soccer player could run the 100m in and around the 10.5 sec bracket they would be considered blisteringly quick and labeled as "A-level" athletes.

In fact if my research is correct in the last 40 years with the thousands of "A-level" athletes to have competed over that time in the NFL there have been only 80 men that have could run the 100m in under 10.5 sec. That is an average 2 different men per season that can achieve this feat...pretty amazing that 16 year old boys in AUSTRALIA of all countries are as fast NFL super athletes.

That is the bench mark there when criticizing women for losing to "boys"

It Depends on the sport and individual.
While i essence your comments are right we have seen a lot of stand out teenagers even at the Most ELITE level of sports like Soccer and Tennis.

There are currently TEN players in the EPL that made their debut at the age of 16 in the EPL. How many in the Bundesliga, Sirie A, and La Liga there are I don't know.

FIVE 17 year "men" have played in a world cup.

THREE 17 year old "men" have WON a Tennis grand slam. Michael Chang, Boris Becker and Mats Wilander.
There are also currently TWENTY under 18 "men" on the ATP tour Some notable "men"to have turned pro at a young age are.
Nadal won his first Pro ATP tour match at 15
Sampras turned pro at 16
Edberg also turned pro at 17

That's a great post. And Chang def played like a boy vs Lendl :icon_twis

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

is that kate beckinsale?

You don't think someone who has never been hit in the face would crumble, once he got hit by a heavy hitter such as Ronda? How would he react then?

Honest question here after following the conversation. Why do you assume that folks who don't train have never been punched before? Am I that old where getting in fights growing up is no longer a thing? High school and college age guys never throw down any more? Am I out of touch for assuming that your average in shape guy with a decent amount of the macho in his make up has probably gotten in a scrap or two? Serious question, because your response makes it seem like only us cretins who train have ever had hands thrown at us before?

Honest question here after following the conversation. Why do you assume that folks who don't train have never been punched before? Am I that old where getting in fights growing up is no longer a thing? High school and college age guys never throw down any more? Am I out of touch for assuming that your average in shape guy with a decent amount of the macho in his make up has probably gotten in a scrap or two? Serious question, because your response makes it seem like only us cretins who train have ever had hands thrown at us before?

Just to piggy back on this I've never been in a fight before but I've played sports my whole life and let me tell you I've taken a lot of balls to the face.

Criticizing women for being defeated by 16 year old elite "boys" might look embarrassing at face value but those same "boys" are on the same level as semi-pro adult competitors in most cases.

16 year old elite athletes are close to Elite if not Elite at the adult age.

Jack Hale is the quickest under 18 sprinter in Australia.
At 16 years old with an Official PB and Australian Junior record of 10.42 sec, he is faster then most Adults let alone boys.

In fact every "boy" in an Australian state final can run the 100m in the 10 sec bracket.
I would shudder to think how fast Black "boys" in the US,UK, Canada, Jamaica are. ( in fact the fastest ever "boy" was a then 16 year old Japanese Yoshihide Kiryu who had a PB of 10.19 sec :eek:)

While these times are not winning any medals at the Olympics (and this is freaking Australia a non sprinting stand out country) if an NFL, NBA or Pro soccer player could run the 100m in and around the 10.5 sec bracket they would be considered blisteringly quick and labeled as "A-level" athletes.

In fact if my research is correct in the last 40 years with the thousands of "A-level" athletes to have competed over that time in the NFL there have been only 80 men that have could run the 100m in under 10.5 sec. That is an average 2 different men per season that can achieve this feat...pretty amazing that 16 year old boys in AUSTRALIA of all countries are as fast NFL super athletes.

That is the bench mark there when criticizing women for losing to "boys"

It Depends on the sport and individual.
While i essence your comments are right we have seen a lot of stand out teenagers even at the Most ELITE level of sports like Soccer and Tennis.

There are currently TEN players in the EPL that made their debut at the age of 16 in the EPL. How many in the Bundesliga, Sirie A, and La Liga there are I don't know.

FIVE 17 year "men" have played in a world cup.

THREE 17 year old "men" have WON a Tennis grand slam. Michael Chang, Boris Becker and Mats Wilander.
There are also currently TWENTY under 18 "men" on the ATP tour Some notable "men"to have turned pro at a young age are.
Nadal won his first Pro ATP tour match at 15
Sampras turned pro at 16
Edberg also turned pro at 17

I know i am quoting myself here but i wanted to add to this.

The depth of talent from sport to sport for females is not the same.

What i mean is the top 5 fastest Female 100m sprinters at the wold championships in 2015 were fast enough to make the semi finals and Finals of 9TH IAAF WORLD YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015.

Where as the Soccer, basketball and many other sports world champion Female teams would get smoked by state level champions in under 16 competitions let alone world standard competitions.

Women are capable of great athleticism which is highlighted in talent rich and talent deep sports like athletics, gymnastics and swimming, tennis etc.
They will never reach the level of their equivalent male counterparts at the highest level but that does not mean they are not biological capable of being able to compete at even a high level of a males standard.

Last edited:
Yeah, the guys making these claims that men who work out but have no martial art experience must not do sport at all, let alone mma. Try taking up a sport that you've never tried against a strong female competitor - doesn't have to be world level, just someone local, good and in shape. If you've never held a tennis racket/done a breaststroke/laced up a football boot you aren't going to beat a girl even if you are stronger - why should it be different in mma.

I'm in great shape and a few years ago I played tennis against a girl who had once been a club champion - whatever the hell that means. I had played maybe a handful of times and was and am a complete amateur. However, I was much bigger, stronger and faster and in better shape. Didn't matter, I was obliterated.

unbelievable how stupid some people are. there are no weight classes in tennis, swimming or football. I will let you figure out yourself why. maybe you arent completely brainless.

something nobody seems to be accounting for is stamina. Most untrained men and women will gassed out after a few minutes of strenuous activity. An elite female fighter will then just pound them into dust.

so technique being greater than size/strength only works if you're a man? :rolleyes:

Technique > size/strength when you are on a similar plane in terms of strength.

Go do some JJ with a gorilla and see how well your theory of technique > size/strength works out for you.

Its one of the myths in this forum. People who dont train crumble as soon as they get punched and strength doesnt matter as technique always trumps strength. Its the snobbery of people who train martial arts and I have trained thai boxing in the past. If anything if you put a man against a woman to fight, he would fight even harder to save face and would not quit against a woman after one punch.....unless he is koed:icon_lol:

unbelievable how stupid some people are. there are no weight classes in tennis, swimming or football. I will let you figure out yourself why. maybe you arent completely brainless.

He actually was making a valid point.

While you are right that there are not weight classes in you mentioned sports there are still advantageous physical attributes to all sports.

In fighting size and strength matter when skill is even. That is why we have weight classes.

In basket ball there is a reason y the average height in the NBA is 6"7'. When skill is equal height matters. It might not be as important as weight classes in combative sports but it is still a large contributing factor.

In tennis the fastest servers are the taller competitors. Holding serve are considered the easier games to win b/c of serve speed per set. The stats are overwhelming in favor of taller tennis players are more successful then shorter.

Soccer goal keepers are taller then out field players.

Despite all this there are athletes in every one of the mentioned sports above that achieve great success over competitors without the ideal physical advantage.

In combat sports it is perhaps even more important, however BJJ open tournaments have been won by smaller competitors.
Open weight MMA tournaments have seen strong smaller competitors have success.

So back to the point the poster you quoted was making. Being athletic alone is not good enough to beat a trained female in any given sport.
Training and personal skill are important.

Go do some JJ with a gorilla and see how well your theory of technique > size/strength works out for you.

The strength difference between a Gorilla and man is far larger then the difference between a man and women.
So you are right in what you are saying in principle but your example is quite poor.

The strength difference between a Gorilla and man is far larger then the difference between a man and women.
So you are right in what you are saying in principle but your example is quite poor.

There is a threshold. The best under 10 year old JJ practitioner could not defeat an athletic grown man in a combat contest. It's physics.

Rousey essentially has the strength of a young adolescent male so she would face similar difficulties.

I didn't know we were talking about man v gorilla?

I thought we were talking about Ronda vs a 16 year old?

When i was 18 i rolled with Leslie Smith after like 1 year of wrestling and 2 months of bjj and it was like i was grappling with a 10 year old. Ive always wanted to grapple with Ronda to see if i could hang with her.

When i was 18 i rolled with Leslie Smith after like 1 year of wrestling and 2 months of bjj and it was like i was grappling with a 10 year old. Ive always wanted to grapple with Ronda to see if i could hang with her.

Leslie smith is a blue belt, she can't have been training for more then 5-6 years as of today and you are talking in the past text (when you were 18) so likely at the time of your alleged grappling session she had been training not much longer then you. How old are you now?

So even if what you say is true it doesn't proove anything.
I have been training BJJ for 2 years and have grappled men with little to no experience and they have felt like children as well. On the other hand I have rolled with 1 black belt in my life and he made me look like a child. I can tell you none of these outcomes had anything to do with size and strength.

Again it proves nothing.

I am not the same grappler I was when i started and I anticipate I will not be the same grappler in 2 years from now that i am today.

There is a threshold. The best under 10 year old JJ practitioner could not defeat an athletic grown man in a combat contest. It's physics.

Rousey essentially has the strength of a young adolescent male so she would face similar difficulties.

Come on dude the strength of a young adolescent? She is way stronger then that.

Last edited:
Leslie smith is a blue belt, she can't have been training for more then 5-6 years as of today and you are talking in the past text (when you were 18) so likely at the time of your alleged grappling session she had been training not much longer then you. How old are you now?

So even if what you say is true it doesn't proove anything.
I have been training BJJ for 2 years and have grappled men with little to no experience and they have felt like children as well. On the other hand I have rolled with 1 black belt in my life and he made me look like a child. I can tell you none of these outcomes had anything to do with size and strength.

Again it proves nothing.

I am not the same grappler I was when i started and I anticipate I will not be the same grappler in 2 years from now that i am today.

Did you ever watch the video of the HS JV 15 or 16 year old wrestler that mauls Ronda in grappling during a training session last year? This is a HS wrestler that has no accomplishments in his sport and isn't decorated even at the state level.

Did you ever watch the video of the HS JV 15 or 16 year old wrestler that mauls Ronda in grappling during a training session last year? This is a HS wrestler that has no accomplishments in his sport and isn't decorated even at the state level.

I will admit I am not familiar with the video nor can I find it online.
Was is strictly a wrestling session or was it submission wrestling?

Also There are plenty of vids of female grapples on you tube beating male competitors.

Back