16 year old beats elite women

Ronda rolled with an unranked JV HS 16 yo(may have been 15 at the time) wrestler at her gym last year(Brandon Sotomayor) and got manhandled.

So I looked into it and apparently this happened about 5 years ago at S.K. Golden Boys Rasslin' Gym. I'd say we have a different definition of manhandling but I'll let the others see the results and decide:

[YT]JkBiV5qciug[/YT]

I will admit I am not familiar with the video nor can I find it online.
Was is strictly a wrestling session or was it submission wrestling?

Also There are plenty of vids of female grapples on you tube beating male competitors.

See above.

Cliffnotes version, it was light rolling with no subs which is why Ronda didn't go Russian armbar on the kid towards the end. The kid did well and beat Ronda at wrestling... which is not her chosen sport. And certainly wasn't 5 years ago either.

The exaggeration is strong on this one.

Did you ever watch the video of the HS JV 15 or 16 year old wrestler that mauls Ronda in grappling during a training session last year? This is a HS wrestler that has no accomplishments in his sport and isn't decorated even at the state level.

MAULED?!?!?!?!

This is how rumours get started.

I imagine the kid is wrestling in college or graduated by now but he definitely got the better of Ronda in straight wrestling 5 years ago. If you said something like that, I'd ave no issue. But MAULED?!?!?! 'Fraid not, buds.

Of all the sports MMA is the one sport a less skillful opponent has the best chance to beat a much more skillful opponent. A strong fit man cant wait for a female tennis player and close the angles and try to overwhelm her.

High jumping is a better example than MMA. Seriously.

People have a very high opinion of the "athleticism" and "aggression" of the average dude. Just watch WSHH fights, Felony Fights, whatever. These are guys who actually look for trouble and usually find it and they are fucking terrible in every conceivable way. No coordination, no speed, no technique, no endurance, no nothing.

Then consider that the vast majority of men have not been in ANY kind of fight since elementary school.

Then consider that the average man cannot even bench press his own weight for one rep.

This notion that the average man is more "athletic" than Ronda is fucking absurd. As sloppy as she looked in her last fight, she looked like Anderson Silva compared to the guys in WSHH etc.

The vast majority of men would not last long enough for even gas to be a factor. I mean, it's another big advantage in her favor, but let's be realistic, they have

1 - zero way of stopping her from clinching (outside of a hail mary lucky punch).

2 - zero way of stopping the takedown

3 - zero way of stopping the armbar.

Yeah, there are some larger, well trained guys that would clean her clock or smaller guys who fight in the UFC who would destroy her

But by far and large she destroys most humans on this planet in a fight

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

Who dat?

What about the handful of girls that have won high school state championships in wrestling. Even the ones that only qualified for the state tournament went through quite a few boys.

A state champion in wrestling is hardly elite standing alone but girls have pulled it off.

Only at pre puberty weight classes where genetics and testosterone haven't widened the gap

Also aaron pico skipped college to do international wrestling, he was medaling in senior tournaments at 16 and likely could have won NCAA at that age.

That's a cool story bro. Who cares even if true? Women compete against other women, not against men. You evaluate them based on their peers. I've never seen so many men feel so threatened by the mere existence of women in a sport.

I don't think people feel threatened by her success, but when when Rousey keeps spouting how she'd like to fight Floyd, Cain, Jones etc...I guess it rubs people the wrong way. i just see it as a way of promotion, I highly doubt she believes she could legitimately beat Cain in a fight...he would probably still even beat her in a judo competition.

MAULED?!?!?!?!

This is how rumours get started.

I imagine the kid is wrestling in college or graduated by now but he definitely got the better of Ronda in straight wrestling 5 years ago. If you said something like that, I'd ave no issue. But MAULED?!?!?! 'Fraid not, buds.

No jv scrubs are wrestling in college lol

Prime Lesnar or Carwin annihilate 95-99% of the women out there. They are too big and powerful for the vast majority of women.

heres Ronda wrestling with a kid. Looks around that age

When getting elite womens level compared to men, other sports usually use 16 year old elite boys in that sport as a measurement and say elite women in their sport are not better than the elite 16 year old boys in that sport. This goes for basketball, tennis, soccer etc etc. Can we use the same logic for combat sport or is it different. This is for the people who have trained with women in gyms, something I never have done

Its funny, I was just thinking this, and yes I agree that the even ground for men to women in sports is that usually the best 16 years old boy can beat or surpass the best woman in the world.

So I looked into it and apparently this happened about 5 years ago at S.K. Golden Boys Rasslin' Gym. I'd say we have a different definition of manhandling but I'll let the others see the results and decide:

[YT]JkBiV5qciug[/YT]

Maybe not "manhandled" but a 15 year old out of shape hot pocket body had no issues dealing with Rousey. Seriously for a second, think about this. This 15-16 year old HIGH SCHOOL student is dealing with an OLYMPIC athlete female. Now imagine for a second that this was a male Olympic wrestler vs this 15-16 year old and try to play that out in your mind. Would it look that this video? Let me answer that for you. No.

No jv scrubs are wrestling in college lol

Do we know for a fact that he was a JV scrub, though? I've been doing a little investigating and there's a pleasantly plump Brandon Sotomayor competing at 264 lbs (!) at the 2013 Junior Nationals. It looks like this same guy. Not sure what the age range is for that tourney, but if he's competing there would he be considered good enough to have earned a spot wrestling collegiately?

I only ask cuz with a user name like yours it stands to reason you'd have a better idea how that would work.

Maybe not "manhandled" but a 15 year old out of shape hot pocket body had no issues dealing with Rousey. Seriously for a second, think about this. This 15-16 year old HIGH SCHOOL student is dealing with an OLYMPIC athlete female. Now imagine for a second that this was a male Olympic wrestler vs this 15-16 year old and try to play that out in your mind. Would it look that this video? Let me answer that for you. No.

Physique doesn't really tell you all that much, especially when it comes to Mexican athletes. They can have Hot Pocket bodies and go for days.

In all seriousness though, submission grappling/judo was Ronda's base 5 years ago and this was a straight wrestling practice. If this were ADCC-style rules or they were to put on the gis and roll I feel pretty confident that Ronda would've wrecked him pretty handily. And this was a soft roll to boot.

That being said, I heartily agree with you that this highlights the difference between Men's and Women's athletics in general. If that were a bronze medallist male judoka in there with the kid we would've seen some serious pwnage.

Physique doesn't really tell you all that much, especially when it comes to Mexican athletes. They can have Hot Pocket bodies and go for days.

In all seriousness though, submission grappling/judo was Ronda's base 5 years ago and this was a straight wrestling practice. If this were ADCC-style rules or they were to put on the gis and roll I feel pretty confident that Ronda would've wrecked him pretty handily. And this was a soft roll to boot.

That being said, I heartily agree with you that this highlights the difference between Men's and Women's athletics in general. If that were a bronze medallist male judoka in there with the kid we would've seen some serious pwnage.

Lol I agree with you that a persons body doesnt need to be at sub 10% bodyfat to be good but I was jokingly saying that just because its funnier. Regardless it still shows a 15-16 year old wrestler having this way with Rousey, so it is that it is. Glad we agree :)

When getting elite womens level compared to men, other sports usually use 16 year old elite boys in that sport as a measurement and say elite women in their sport are not better than the elite 16 year old boys in that sport. This goes for basketball, tennis, soccer etc etc. Can we use the same logic for combat sport or is it different. This is for the people who have trained with women in gyms, something I never have done

well, to be fair you have not trained with men in gyms either.

heres Ronda wrestling with a kid. Looks around that age

15 year old and he isn't even going 100% and muscles through every takedown attempt after letting her initiate, pretty much sums it up

Back