16 year old beats elite women

Just putting it out there. I've trained for a while. I was at an institute though where there was this 110-120 lbs 5'2-5'4 girl who was a beast on the matt legit was harder to roll with than the all american 180 lbs pro fighter that I also rolled with there. Some women can roll.

she can beat up men who don't train martial arts on professional level

which is vast majority of population

I would bet my life, that a strong, in shape man, with no martial arts experience, just an in shape, tough guy, would have no problems beating ronda. her skill level would be overwhelmed by his sheer physical strength.

I would bet my life, that a strong, in shape man, with no martial arts experience, just an in shape, tough guy, would have no problems beating ronda. her skill level would be overwhelmed by his sheer physical strength.

you a dead man :D

Pretty much any goon/juicehead working out at a random 24 hour fitness would absolutely devastate her in a fight.

That's fair. But IS tennis the biggest female sport? Asking a question here, not being rhetorical.

I know it's no where near the biggest here in Denmark. It's more of a sport for the privileged kids.

It's certainly the sport with the biggest stars, that's true. Maybe the sport with most money involved?

But would you call Federer/Djokovic the best male athlete ever/currently?

Again, I'm not dissing tennis players. I'm legit curious.
Obviously it various from country to country. But tennis is the biggest sport for females. Its really hard to compare different sports as they have different body needed for and athlete train from young to mold their body to their sport. I would say Roger/Novak are elite athletes without doubt. But I think its little bit different in America where elite athleticism is measured in muscles and a guy playing tennis/soccer would not be seen as elite athletes

Except that elite male powerlifters at the same bodyweight have much higher numbers than her.

Men hold every single athletic record known to man. Whether it's marathons, 100 meter sprints, strength sports like olympic weight lifting. You name it men hold it. I think many guys here missed health class in high school or college where they go over the physical differences between men and women.

A fourth event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[29] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked below 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[30] Braasch first took on Serena and beat her 6

It applies to all sports. A 16-year-old athlete "boy" is basically a man already. If you think about what "elite" really means for a 16-year-old it's the best prospects starting their college run. A 17-year-old Boris Becker already won Wimbledon, while Sampras was beating pro-level men. Ronaldo was playing with the male squad at Sporting, while Messi had made his Barcelona debut. Tyson & Ali were styling against seasoned pros in the gym (and the Nationals & Olympics). Rory could hang with decent male fighters. And the list goes on and on.

No doubt Serena and Venus are great, but what makes them "two of the best athletes you've ever seen"?

Guranteed, Serena is the GOAT female tennis player - but does that make her the best athlete? Why? She's obviously muscular and in shape - but she's still "just" running around hitting a ball with a racket.

Well, the fact that they are beating a field of very strong players in a sport that probably attracts some of the best female athletes available due to very high pay and in which you have to train seriously 6 days a week from early girlhood to make even the top 300 - and they aren't doing it with skill. Serena has a good level of skill in tennis, but not great and her footwork is average - but she is just so powerful and explosive that her competitors can't handle her. Mind you, this is just my opinion - I don't have any GOAT movement tests or anything like that to refer you to.

It applies to all sports. A 16-year-old athlete "boy" is basically a man already. If you think about what "elite" really means for a 16-year-old it's the best prospects starting their college run. A 17-year-old Boris Becker already won Wimbledon, while Sampras was beating pro-level men. Ronaldo was playing with the male squad at Sporting, while Messi had made him Barcelona debut. And the list goes on and on.

True, its should be lower end of 15 to get a more fair competition. But the true exceptional 14 year old are better than elite women. Someone like Felix Auger Aliassime at 14 would beat Serena Williams right now

True, its should be lower end of 15 to get a more fair competition. But the true exceptional 14 year old are better than elite women. Someone like Felix Auger Aliassime at 14 would beat Serena Williams right now

Or Odegaard, Halilovic or Ruben Neves. Put them 1-on-1 or in a squad with Sydney Leroux and they'd have higher performance rates by a landslide.

When getting elite womens level compared to men, other sports usually use 16 year old elite boys in that sport as a measurement and say elite women in their sport are not better than the elite 16 year old boys in that sport. This goes for basketball, tennis, soccer etc etc. Can we use the same logic for combat sport or is it different. This is for the people who have trained with women in gyms, something I never have done

What about the handful of girls that have won high school state championships in wrestling. Even the ones that only qualified for the state tournament went through quite a few boys.

A state champion in wrestling is hardly elite standing alone but girls have pulled it off.

Pretty much any goon/juicehead working out at a random 24 hour fitness would absolutely devastate her in a fight.

Is that why Royce got dominated by all those guys that were stronger than him?

Well, the fact that they are beating a field of very strong players in a sport that probably attracts some of the best female athletes available due to very high pay and in which you have to train seriously 6 days a week from early girlhood to make even the top 300 - and they aren't doing it with skill. Serena has a good level of skill in tennis, but not great and her footwork is average - but she is just so powerful and explosive that her competitors can't handle her. Mind you, this is just my opinion - I don't have any GOAT movement tests or anything like that to refer you to.

Serena is exceptional talent nevermind good. She is the best server womens tennis has ever seen and serve is the most important shot. Her forehand is one of the best the sport has ever seen and her backhand is very good. No woman has the service technique and the ability to serve great in important moments. What makes her better than other women is like Ronda, she is more competitive and has never die attitude alot of her opponent lack

Unlike other mainstream sports, MMA is a very new sport and is not something that people (men or women) started out as a kid. Rory McDonald is the exception because he started MMA when he was 14 year old and fought his first pro fight when he was 16. It's only matter of time before you see more UFC champs in their late teens/early 20s

Henry Cejudo won the gold medal in the Olympic when he was 18 year old.

Kye Sun-hui won a gold medal in Judo when she was 17 year old.

Rafa Mendes won the BJJ World championship when he was 19/20 year old (a year after he received his blackbelt)

Add 17 year old WW boxing champ Wilfred Benitez to that list. Plenty of 18 year old boxing champs, as well. Then there was Mike Tyson, who became a heavyweight boxing champ at age 20.

Every Olympic Games and World Championships, there are plenty of 17-18 year old women in the brackets.

TS, the simple answer to your question is no. Team sports are not comparable to combat sports for all the myriad of reasons mentioned in this thread from individuals aging and peaking at different times to the existence of weight classes.

Most "strong, in shape men" with no fighting experience would go down by ko against Ronda in a matter of seconds.

Have you ever seen men fighting? Just your regular dudes, in shape? They're swinging wilder than Ronda. They're looking like absolute shit.

Lol everyone at ufc 1 other than Royce and shammy were sloppy pieces of blubber. We are talking about guys who actually workout and train their bodies 6 days a week. Not some 450 lb ex sumo wrestler they found in a buffet line.

Yeah, the guys making these claims that men who work out but have no martial art experience must not do sport at all, let alone mma. Try taking up a sport that you've never tried against a strong female competitor - doesn't have to be world level, just someone local, good and in shape. If you've never held a tennis racket/done a breaststroke/laced up a football boot you aren't going to beat a girl even if you are stronger - why should it be different in mma.

I'm in great shape and a few years ago I played tennis against a girl who had once been a club champion - whatever the hell that means. I had played maybe a handful of times and was and am a complete amateur. However, I was much bigger, stronger and faster and in better shape. Didn't matter, I was obliterated.

Sounds crazy but it is a yes.

I know in hockey the Canadian Olympic gold medal women's hockey team regularly plays Bantam AAA teams. So essentially they play against good 14 and 15 year olds, and they often have their hands full.

A decent Midget AAA team (16 and 17 year olds) would beat the Women's team as bad as Canada and USA beat everyone else in their field. That's not a sexist remark as much as it's just a fact of life. The womens players on Canada and USA are the best in the world at their sport, but comparing it to men's hockey is unfair on so many levels. Men are just physically stronger than women.

edit: just me to it ^^
Yeah, and there was a story going around a few years ago that a bunch of WNBA players were playing against high school boys at the Y and basically being even up against them. So this fits.

As an aside, the Hou Yifan, the #1 rated female chess player, is actually dead-even with the World's #1 ranked 17-year-old boy. (both 2671). So this seems to go beyond physical feats.

(note that the world's top rated 16-year-old currently actually has a ratings record and is 2723 or so. The highest rated woman of all-time was Judit Polgar whose peak was 2735.)

Back