16 year old beats elite women

When getting elite womens level compared to men, other sports usually use 16 year old elite boys in that sport as a measurement and say elite women in their sport are not better than the elite 16 year old boys in that sport. This goes for basketball, tennis, soccer etc etc. Can we use the same logic for combat sport or is it different. This is for the people who have trained with women in gyms, something I never have done

Uncle Creepy should be a measurement. If you're stronger than him, then you're ready to fight females.

That's a cool story bro. Who cares even if true? Women compete against other women, not against men. You evaluate them based on their peers. I've never seen so many men feel so threatened by the mere existence of women in a sport.

it would be nice if that's true, but some elite WMMA (I'm not going to mention name) evaluates herself based on men... under the "right circumstances", of course. It doesn't help that UFC places female MMA on P4P ranking on the same list as the men's

Black belt posting this in the ufc section?

That's a cool story bro. Who cares even if true? Women compete against other women, not against men. You evaluate them based on their peers.

normally that is true. unless said women (or their coaches or fans) run around claiming they could beat up men. then, discussions like that are absolutely normal.

normally that is true. unless said women (or their coaches or fans) run around claiming they could beat up men. then, discussions like that are absolutely normal.

she can beat up men who don't train martial arts on professional level

which is vast majority of population

ah, so it is a valid subject of discussion then. cause you were mocking it a few post before.

Some 16 year olds are pretty much fully grown so I could believe it

In some sports the world champion is under 18 - Judo regularly has women world champions under 18

When getting elite womens level compared to men, other sports usually use 16 year old elite boys in that sport as a measurement and say elite women in their sport are not better than the elite 16 year old boys in that sport. This goes for basketball, tennis, soccer etc etc. Can we use the same logic for combat sport or is it different. This is for the people who have trained with women in gyms, something I never have done

Theres going to be a lot of difference between sports of course, in sports like tennis and soccer for example 16 year olds can potentially be close to world class. In most fightsport though people generally do not reach that level until their 20's.

Plus of course weightclasses make a massive difference, 16 year old boys will more often than not be larger and more powerful than adult women with is an advantage with no weightclasses, in MMA that wouldn't exist nearly as much.

Theres going to be a lot of difference between sports of course, in sports like tennis and soccer for example 16 year olds can potentially be close to world class. In most fightsport though people generally do not reach that level until their 20's.

Plus of course weightclasses make a massive difference, 16 year old boys will more often than not be larger and more powerful than adult women with is an advantage with no weightclasses, in MMA that wouldn't exist nearly as much.

Thats why I asked this. I mean I can see 16 year old tennis player or 16 year old soccer player physically have huge advantage on women in their sport. I mean specially 16 year old tennis player if they are top talent will beat women. But with mma its different as athletes in general mature later and there is more ways to neutralize the physical advantage

Only because pony loving losers like you are unfortunately considered "men".

Elite NCAA women's basketball teams have male "practice squads" that they go up against on a regular basis:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/s...-these-men-lots-of-guts-but-little-glory.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/2007-01-15-women-men-practice_x.htm

And I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it's widely-known that the US women's national soccer team practiced against under-16 boys teams in California. And the boys beat them often.

So yes, men are way, way, way ahead of even the top female athletes. Who gives a damn?

I remember Serena and Venus Williams getting beat by a male player ranked 203 in the world on the same day - but this was back when they were teenagers. Still, it says something about the athletic difference between men and women given they are two of the best female athletes I have seen. On the other hand, the best female marathon runner ran one in 2 hours 17 minutes which is a whole lot faster than 99% of the male population could ever manage to do. How this all translates to mma, I don't really know.

I haven't either but on that line of thought I do know that the gold medal winning Canadian Women's hockey team prepared for the Olympics by playing exhibition games against Midget AAA teams which is basically almost elite 15-16 year old boys. So in that respect at least most people considered that their level among men. Also they obviously played a no contact game

Finnish team did the same and got the shit beat out of them in multiple games. Think one game ended 10-0. 5th best female team in the world got easily beaten by teams of random local boys.

edit: So went and checked. They played 14 games and didn't win a single one. They played in a league of boys aged 16 and under. Lost one game 17-0.

Last edited:

It is different because there isn't a training pipeline for MMA like other sports. Only in single disciplines like wrestling or jiu-jitsu will you find 16 year olds that have been training and competing for years. In MMA, you might find a prodigy here and there, but there is no infrastructure that is building up kids to compete at an elite level.

As embarrassing as it as any discussion of WBW has to define her as elite. She's still top 10 in her shallow division

I'm not sure she's a legit top 10 in ability, in fact I'd lean against it.

Watch how much more easily Smith and Nakamoto took care of Duke.

Holy fuck. You mean women don't have the physical capability to fight against men of lesser skill to a particular degree? Oh shit. Stop the presses. Well, then who cares who the best female fighter is then, since she will never be able to beat Fabricio Werdum?

giphy.gif

That is the exact sentiment I had when I saw te thread title and read the OP.

I remember Serena and Venus Williams getting beat by a male player ranked 203 in the world on the same day - but this was back when they were teenagers. Still, it says something about the athletic difference between men and women given they are two of the best female athletes I have seen. On the other hand, the best female marathon runner ran one in 2 hours 17 minutes which is a whole lot faster than 99% of the male population could ever manage to do. How this all translates to mma, I don't really know.

No doubt Serena and Venus are great, but what makes them "two of the best athletes you've ever seen"?

Guranteed, Serena is the GOAT female tennis player - but does that make her the best athlete? Why? She's obviously muscular and in shape - but she's still "just" running around hitting a ball with a racket.

No doubt Serena and Venus are great, but what makes them "two of the best athletes you've ever seen"?

Guranteed, Serena is the GOAT female tennis player - but does that make her the best athlete? Why? She's obviously muscular and in shape - but she's still "just" running around hitting a ball with a racket.

She's black as hell. That means she's super athletic.

Back