12 year old girls stab their friend to praise "Slender Man."

Why are they being charged as adults? They are 12 years old. This is getting ridiculous. I understand they did a bad thing but they are stupid kids and I'm sure regardless of what happens they will regret this for the rest of their lives.

They should be tried as adults, a plan they worked on for how long and executed is proof they can think and should be culpable.

This is why we can't have nice things...Damn you slender man!

They should be tried as adults, a plan they worked on for how long and executed is proof they can think and should be culpable.

A plan isn't really evidence of their overall maturity. Kids can plan on scheme on things and still not understand the full repurcussions of their actions.

Biologically the brains of teenagers and adolescents are considerably different than the brains of adults. This fact should be recognized and considered.

Why are they being charged as adults? They are 12 years old. This is getting ridiculous. I understand they did a bad thing but they are stupid kids and I'm sure regardless of what happens they will regret this for the rest of their lives.

That's the part of the story that bothers you? lol

I have no problem with them being tried as adults. If you are old enough to plan a murder, take precautions to make sure you're not caught, admit that you knew it was wrong and still went through with it, you do not get to hide behind laws made to protect people who don't know any better.

I have no sympathy for them, and hope the victim pulls through.

Yes, because thinking that slenderman is real is proof that they are mature enough to stand trial.

Studies have shown that most kids 12 and under are as capable of standing trial as many mentally challenged individuals who are incapable of doing so.

But then again, mentally challenged individuals are also tried and executed.

How many children have died to people thinking they hear the voice of the Abrahamic "God", or because Jesus told them to do it?

Slender Man - 1
God/Allah/Jesus/Muhammad - X00,000,000~

I have a sneaking suspicion that these kids were brainwashed.

Someone got to them online, probably on a pre-teen message board, and told them to kill their friend.

Yes, because thinking that slenderman is real is proof that they are mature enough to stand trial.

Studies have shown that most kids 12 and under are as capable of standing trial as many mentally challenged individuals who are incapable of doing so.

But then again, mentally challenged individuals are also tried and executed.

Their planning is proof they are capable of higher thinking. Why the white knighting of sadistic bitches?

Their planning is proof they are capable of higher thinking. Why the white knighting of sadistic bitches?

No, its not.

Sad you forget what it is to be 12 years old so soon. Also if as you said they are capable of higher thinking, should we allow them to have abortions, marry, engage with sexual relationship with old people, drink, smoke, get a credit card, a driving license, gun license etc etc?

No, its not.

Sad you forget what it is to be 12 years old so soon. Also if as you said they are capable of higher thinking, should we allow them to have abortions, marry, engage with sexual relationship with old people, drink, smoke, get a credit card, a driving license, gun license etc etc?

This. You cannot have it both ways. Either they are adults or they aren't adults.

I'd prefer they are kept out of society for as long as possible.

Where is the empirical evidence of trying kids as adults vs as kids that leads to more crimes?

Wouldn't a child be more likely to be rehabilitated than an actual adult? I often wonder why our prisons do not focus more on rehabilitation but rather on punishment. Not to mention making them more violent and better criminals.

If they are charged as a child it would put them out at 6 years served no matter what.

So those that support this are saying fuck the victim who will be scared physically and mentally for life?

They knew what they were doing and deserve to spend a very long time in jail.

They will not go to an adult prison until they are 18 even if convicted as an adult.

And the judge will have a say taking into consideration their age at sentencing.

Where is the empirical evidence of trying kids as adults vs as kids that leads to more crimes?

Wouldn't a child be more likely to be rehabilitated than an actual adult? I often wonder why our prisons do not focus more on rehabilitation but rather on punishment. Not to mention making them more violent and better criminals.

Rehab is possible. But it takes a lot of reprogramming. These 2 girls have no conscience. These girls are pretty far gone to slice up their friend with a knife. Again, Mom and Dad messed up letting the internet, tv and video games raise their girls.

Because there aren't enough people willing to volunteer their time and show some love to these people. The prison guards sure aren't going to.

So I guess be the change you want to see and spend some time with the inmates. It can actually be a rewarding experience.

Rehab is possible. But it takes a lot of reprogramming. These 2 girls have no conscience. These girls are pretty far gone to slice up their friend with a knife. Again, Mom and Dad messed up letting the internet, tv and video games raise their girls.

No, they do have a conscience. Read the police reports. One more so than the other but they still regretted doing it.

Rehab is possible with them even more so than who is an adult imo.

Rehab isn't exactly a good bet under any circumstances. The fact that someone has murdered or attempted to in the past is the most likely indicator that someone will murder in the future.

If they are charged as a child it would put them out at 6 years served no matter what.

So those that support this are saying fuck the victim who will be scared physically and mentally for life?

They knew what they were doing and deserve to spend a very long time in jail.

They will not go to an adult prison until they are 18 even if convicted as an adult.

And the judge will have a say taking into consideration their age at sentencing.

Dude nobody is saying fuck the victim here. I'm glad she survived and should never have to have gone through that.

That being said these girls believing in some make-believe monster tells you something about their ability to know right from wrong in the proper context.

Why is that someone who drives drink and kills a family get's maybe 5 years or even 10 but these kids have to get up to, what was it, 60 years? Ridiculous.

Back