“FrankieNYC Poster of the Year Award - Semifinals”

Who is your pick for FrankieNYC Poster of the Year? (choose FIVE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFoe

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
vDPocGJ.gif

Semi-Finals
This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Hello fellow Doggers!

Just like the great Sensei Steven Seagal guest hosted SNL once upon a time, the Powers That Be here at Sherdog have seen fit to allow me the honor to guest host this Semi Finals thread.
I know, I know, there goes the neighborhood :)

In the relatively short time that I’ve been here, the Sherdog community has come to mean a lot to me. At the end of the day, we are family. There are so many incredible posters whose talents combine to make this the greatest online community that I’ve ever had the chance to be a part of—so I truly am humbled to have the opportunity to help out in crowning the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year. Shout out to @Arqueto for the amazing artwork in this thread to honor @FrankieNYC.

In the last thread, we asked for your nominations—and you answered with shout outs to so many tremendous posters, who have helped make Sherdog the awesome place to be that it was in 2020. @Zebra Cheeks, with some help from @Ares Black and myself, have tallied up the nominations.

In this thread, you will find a poll listing the Top 20 nominees for the semi final round. Each of you will have 5 votes. You can change your votes. From these, we will narrow this down to 10 Finalists for the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year Award, which we will share (and give you the chance to vote on) in an upcoming thread.

This award is an incredible honor to receive; and it is you, the Sherdog community, that decides who receives it. So please look over the poll carefully, take some time to reflect on what posts and posters made 2020 special here on Sherdog, and let your voice be heard.

Best of luck to all of the Semi Finalists. You are all amazing, and all very deserving of this recognition and this honor. May the best Dogger win!

upload_2020-12-29_7-56-51-png.822714

Last edited:
vDPocGJ.gif

Semi-Finals
This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award.. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Hello fellow Doggers!

Just like the great Sensei Steven Seagal guest hosted SNL once upon a time, the Powers That Be here at Sherdog have seen fit to allow me the honor to guest host this Semi Finals thread.
I know, I know, there goes the neighborhood :)

In the relatively short time that I’ve been here, the Sherdog community has come to mean a lot to me. At the end of the day, we are family. There are so many incredible posters whose talents combine to make this the greatest online community that I’ve ever had the chance to be a part of—so I truly am humbled to have the opportunity to help out in crowning the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year. Shout out to @Arqueto for the amazing artwork in this thread to honor @FrankieNYC.

In the last thread, we asked for your nominations—and you answered with shout outs to so many tremendous posters, who have helped make Sherdog the awesome place to be that it was in 2020. @Zebra Cheeks, with some help from @Ares Black and myself, have tallied up the nominations.

In this thread, you will find a poll listing the Top 20 nominees for the semi final round. Each of you will have 5 votes. You can change your votes. From these, we will narrow this down to 10 Finalists for the 2020 Frankie NYC Poster of the Year Award, which we will share (and give you the chance to vote on) in an upcoming thread.

This award is an incredible honor to receive; and it is you, the Sherdog community, that decides who receives it. So please look over the poll carefully, take some time to reflect on what posts and posters made 2020 special here on Sherdog, and let your voice be heard.

Best of luck to all of the Semi Finalists. You are all amazing, and all very deserving of this recognition and this honor. May the best Dogger win!

upload_2020-12-29_7-56-51-png.822714

Great job with the thread @BFoe , you really crushed it. This turned out better than I could ever hope for.

Congratulations to everyone who made it into the semifinals. You’re all fantastic posters, and I don’t hesitate to say that the community got this absolutely correct.

I look forward to seeing how this plays out. It’s going to be very difficult to select 5 choices out of 20 amazing candidates.

Special thanks to @Arqueto for the artwork. It really put a special touch on the thread, and it means a lot.

Great job with the thread @BFoe , you really crushed it. This turned out better than I could ever hope for.

Congratulations to everyone who made it into the semifinals. You’re all fantastic posters, and I don’t hesitate to say that the community got this absolutely correct.

I look forward to seeing how this plays out. It’s going to be very difficult to select 5 choices out of 20 amazing candidates.

Special thanks to @Arqueto for the artwork. It really put a special touch on the thread, and it means a lot.
Thanks so much for the opportunity! Since I joined Sherdog at the tail end of 2019, 2020 was basically my rookie year. To cap it off by helping out with this thread is awesome.

And thank you @Arqueto for the artwork. Your art, shoops, etc are always top shelf. I just love them so much when I see them.

Last edited:
Best of luck to all posters involved. Every single one of them play an integral part in making Sherdog a great place to come to to not only discuss mma, but to create friendships, share laughs, and overall brighten our days. Thank you all for your contributions! More than deserved

RIP FrankieNYC!

I don't see my name on there, must be fake news

<Waaah>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back