You Don't Owe Fighters "Respect" LOL

If I paid for my ticket or PPV I can boo all I want. Especially if I didn't like the decision.

The guy is a bit paranoid. I don't even think the boos were directed at Kajan. I think they just weren't feeling the decision. Haven't seen the fight yet though.

From memory it was at the decision because it was a close fight.

That is why fighters love to fight in Japan, the Japanese crowd respects the fighters.

I'm certain that if you and I both posted our resumes, publicly, in the next 5 seconds, (and allowed admins to verify our identities) you'd wish you'd just kept your mouth shut. LOL

I act like a clown on Sherdog, but trust me kid, I'm doing well. But don't worry - you don't "owe me" any respect. LOL
Triggered..

I didn’t read the entire OP, but agree with the main point. Fighters don’t fight out of the goodness of their heart to entertain the public lol. They all have a choice and are fortunate to make a living off something they love.

This. Finally. Someone gets its.
You must not get it, as you give reasons in your initial post, that are in your mind, make it ok to disrespect a fighter..

Good point. It's what humans do?

cfee9cce-fca4-4779-b9dd-57af3e9e2fb0.gif
No, it's what whiney little bitch ass Westerners do.
Notice there is much less booing in Russian and Asian fighting events?
Because they aren't braindead cretins thinking "I'm being made to watch something and think for more than 2 seconds! Muh brain hurrrts!" Booooo Booooo!"

Honestly, you fucktards booing these fighters would get your asses whooped in the cage. Kajan fought intelligently in there. His style was a good gameplan against Stevie Rays and it just about worked.
If it was a five round fight, I reckon Stevie Ray would've won it.
Still.... they were both fighting at an elite level. Simple minded JuST BLLLLLLLEEEED fans should go back to watching two fat roid headed losers slug it out on the street on a Saturday night

Dude's lucky to be in the UFC.

Some guys act like they're fighting to establish the techniques that will give us the best shot against the aliens when the intergalactic rumble goes down.

There is some slight truth to this though.

Why is it that just because they fight for our entertainment that we must respect them? I mean, I try to respect people as a general rule regardless, but people tend to go a little overboard here. Teachers, firemen, police, EMT's, they should all have our respect and make much more money than they do, but for somereason no, we give high value to celebs and people who enterain us, not save our lives.

Weird, but it's how it has been since the dawn of man I imagine.

1. Top 100 in a weight class is among some of the best in the world
2. he does put his life on the line and provides entertainment - I think that does merit some sort of respect
at the end of the day a bunch of beer drinking, dorito eating jagaloons booing like idiots will always be apart of the game

He doesnt put his life on the line and I would rather drink beer than get hit in the head. Why should I respect that?

Top 100 in mma means fuckin zip.

1. Fighting, for better or worse, is a form of entertainment.
  2. Fighting is not noble. It is not needed. It does not hold the fabric of modern civilization together.
  3. Fighters are not heroes. They are workers. Laborers. Sprockets in a gear.
  4. You don't owe fighters "respect".
  5. If you pay for the PPV, buy a ticket or watch a TV commercial, you've done your part.
  6. If a fight is terrible, you can boo. You can criticize. You can stop watching a fighter, a division, even an entire promotion. You can also make jokes. Post funny pictures on the internet.
  7. Fighters who don't like to be boo'ed have several choices (1) change their style (2) educate fans on why their style should be appreciated (3) get a new job
  8. Kajan Johnson is not one of the best martial artists in the world or even among the greatest martials artists who have ever lived! LMAO.
  9. You DO owe your children's teachers respect. You DO owe respect to your spouse. You DO owe respect to people who love you and look after your emotional and physical well-being. Fighters? Not so much.
giphy.gif

I think many people feel everyone deserves respect until they do something that invalidates that.

That is why fighters love to fight in Japan, the Japanese crowd respects the fighters.

Do you really think Japan respects Bob Sapp and Rampage? REALLY? They use them as circus attractions.

Do you really think Japan respects Bob Sapp and Rampage? REALLY? They use them as circus attractions.

They respect fighters. Rampage himself has always talked about why he loves fighting in japan.

Define "the best martial artists in the world" because Kajan is gonna qualify, hate to tell you. So you dont need to respect him, but he is indeed the among the best to ever live. Id argue that anyone in the UFC currently would kick the dog shit outta anyone from pre-1980. The game changes, Bruce lee aint shit anymore. Whats your criteria to be the best in the world, how many best in the worlds is there?

Did you watch the video? He says that they are among the best in the world because modern MMA fighters are the PINNACLE of martial arts. LOL NO.
Yes, artard, modern MMA is FAR superior to any previous form of combat. Bruce Lee would get his head smashed in these days. If you think someone from 30 years ago or more stands a chance in the octagon, DONT BREED

I respect all the fighters. I don't get beat up, they do for my entertainment

Back