You Don't Owe Fighters "Respect" LOL

POWER2

My name is Power²
@Silver
Reaction score

“Guys, that was an amazing fight. You guys have no reason to be booing right now,” Johnson told the crowd. “We’re two of the best martial artists in the world right now, competing and bleeding for you. We deserve nothing but your respect. Anything less is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourselves.” - Kajan Johnson, UFC Fight Night 127

1. Fighting, for better or worse, is a form of entertainment.
  2. Fighting is not noble. It is not needed. It does not hold the fabric of modern civilization together.
  3. Fighters are not heroes. They are workers. Laborers. Sprockets in a gear.
  4. You don't owe fighters "respect".
  5. If you pay for the PPV, buy a ticket or watch a TV commercial, you've done your part.
  6. If a fight is terrible, you can boo. You can criticize. You can stop watching a fighter, a division, even an entire promotion. You can also make jokes. Post funny pictures on the internet.
  7. Fighters who don't like to be boo'ed have several choices (1) change their style (2) educate fans on why their style should be appreciated (3) get a new job
  8. Kajan Johnson is not one of the best martial artists in the world or even among the greatest martials artists who have ever lived! LMAO.
  9. You DO owe your children's teachers respect. You DO owe respect to your spouse. You DO owe respect to people who love you and look after your emotional and physical well-being. Fighters? Not so much.
giphy.gif

1. Fighting, for better or worse, is a form of entertainment.
  2. Fighting is not noble. It is not needed. It does not hold the fabric of modern civilization together.
  3. Fighters are not heroes. They are workers. Laborers. Sprockets in a gear.
  4. You don't owe fighters "respect".
  5. If you pay for the PPV, buy a ticket or watch a TV commercial, you've done your part.
  6. If a fight is terrible, you can boo. You can criticize. You can stop watching a fighter, a division, even an entire promotion. You can also make jokes. Post funny pictures on the internet.
  7. Fighters who don't like to be boo'ed have several choices (1) change their style (2) educate fans on why their style should be appreciated (3) get a new job
  8. Kajan Johnson is not one of the best martial artists in the world or even among the greatest martials artists who have ever lived! LMAO.
  9. You DO owe your children's teachers respect. You DO owe respect to your spouse. You DO owe respect to people who love you and look after your emotional and physical well-being. Fighters? Not so much.
giphy.gif

I'm just quoting this coz I think it's funny.

And here you are, bitching about how you're not getting your respect as a fan.

This thread sucks and is a lot of writing with little entertainment.

I appreciate that their job is dangerous however.... who cares? They believe that the financial reward is worth the risks they put on their health and that's their decision. Martial Artists idea that everyone owes them serious respect for being quite good at working out needs to stop.

“Hey show more res-spect to the champion”- Joanna “No you show hespeck to me” - Claudia “No you show res-spect” - Joanna

1. Top 100 in a weight class is among some of the best in the world
2. he does put his life on the line and provides entertainment - I think that does merit some sort of respect
at the end of the day a bunch of beer drinking, dorito eating jagaloons booing like idiots will always be apart of the game

I respect will, dedication and balls

I don't need to respect TS bitch view of life

Spoken like someone with a mound of accomplishments, like not being able to see their feet.

1. Top 100 in a weight class is among some of the best in the world
2. he does put his life on the line and provides entertainment - I think that does merit some sort of respect
at the end of the day a bunch of beer drinking, dorito eating jagaloons booing like idiots will always be apart of the game
  1. He not the best in the world as he suggests
  2. He is fighting because he wants a check. He didn't say "I want to put my life on the line" to entertain others. He knows the risk. UPS is hiring.
  3. I don't drink beer. I don't eat Dorito's. I workout daily. I take care of my family. And I have a job that actually does good in the world. But I don't go around demanding people respect me.
  4. LOL LOL the thread reactions.

Back