You Don't Owe Fighters "Respect" LOL

The guy put on a boring fight and the fans let him know. He made the choice to label that as "disrespect", fuck him, he like so many others does not even understand what respect is to begin with.

I was meaning more in life general.

Define "the best martial artists in the world" because Kajan is gonna qualify, hate to tell you. So you dont need to respect him, but he is indeed the among the best to ever live. Id argue that anyone in the UFC currently would kick the dog shit outta anyone from pre-1980. The game changes, Bruce lee aint shit anymore. Whats your criteria to be the best in the world, how many best in the worlds is there?

really you think Kajan Johnson would beat the crap out of any person that EVER lived before 1980? <{Joewithit}>shit sure the "game" has evolved but he's still not great at it

1. Fighting, for better or worse, is a form of entertainment.
  2. Fighting is not noble. It is not needed. It does not hold the fabric of modern civilization together.
  3. Fighters are not heroes. They are workers. Laborers. Sprockets in a gear.
  4. You don't owe fighters "respect".
  5. If you pay for the PPV, buy a ticket or watch a TV commercial, you've done your part.
  6. If a fight is terrible, you can boo. You can criticize. You can stop watching a fighter, a division, even an entire promotion. You can also make jokes. Post funny pictures on the internet.
  7. Fighters who don't like to be boo'ed have several choices (1) change their style (2) educate fans on why their style should be appreciated (3) get a new job
  8. Kajan Johnson is not one of the best martial artists in the world or even among the greatest martials artists who have ever lived! LMAO.
  9. You DO owe your children's teachers respect. You DO owe respect to your spouse. You DO owe respect to people who love you and look after your emotional and physical well-being. Fighters? Not so much.
giphy.gif

You fucking nailed that to be fair to you mate.

tenor.gif

I'm certain that if you and I both posted our resumes, publicly, in the next 5 seconds, (and allowed admins to verify our identities) you'd wish you'd just kept your mouth shut. LOL

I act like a clown on Sherdog, but trust me kid, I'm doing well. But don't worry - you don't "owe me" any respect. LOL
I can smell the insecurity. Stop trying to validate your crappy attitude towards fighters and stop hate messaging them on Twitter.

2. Fighting is not noble. It is not needed. It does not hold the fabric of modern civilization together.
  5. If you pay for the PPV, buy a ticket or watch a TV commercial, you've done your part.
  6. If a fight is terrible, you can boo. You can criticize. You can stop watching a fighter, a division, even an entire promotion. You can also make jokes. Post funny pictures on the internet.
  7. Fighters who don't like to be boo'ed have several choices (1) change their style (2) educate fans on why their style should be appreciated (3) get a new job
  8. Kajan Johnson is not one of the best martial artists in the world or even among the greatest martials artists who have ever lived! LMAO.
  9. You DO owe your children's teachers respect. You DO owe respect to your spouse. You DO owe respect to people who love you and look after your emotional and physical well-being. Fighters? Not so much.
giphy.gif

You owe your children's teachers respect? The kind of narcissist that wants to brainwash impressionable young kids is inherently a psycho.

Is it really though? They have medical requirements before they can fight, a process is in place to prevent them from fighting if they are not up to it medically or skill-wise. They have a set of rules to ensure their safety, along with refs, doctors, and other commission members, along with their own team to ensure it is as safe as it can be and to stop the instant it is no longer safe. They know exactly who they are fighting and everything about that person, and exactly when, where, and they know that person is alone. There are scheduled breaks where they are examined for their own safety.

There are plenty of jobs that are more dangerous, to label a fighter as "putting their life on the line" is utter bullshit.

The bar for safety is set quite low to be honest. You have shot fighters with bad joints still out there grinding out their last years fighting hoping to put enough money away.

Only the top elites are making enough money and have the clout to make decisions to put their health/safety above all else even if it means wrecking fight cards. The large majority don't have that luxury and will fight whoever is penciled in by the matchmaker at a certain date even if they are abit banged up because they can't just pass up the prize money and risk angering management.

So Kajan is right in a way because of how most of the money is being funneled to management instead of going to the fighters. So most of the fighters are underpaid and are working not just for their 'spoke in the wheel' wages but also for respect and hoping for a better day down the road.

When you eat dicks do you chew or choke?

I was just starting to like you when you fucked it up.

The guy made a good point and you just talked shit.

Educating young students is a respectful pursuit but you have to be brain dead to not see the sad state of current American education.

I respect teachers who care, not ones who don't.

And there is a certain level of respect I give someone for having the balls to step into the octagon. But yes, they can lose that respect over time.

Last edited:
Is it really though? They have medical requirements before they can fight, a process is in place to prevent them from fighting if they are not up to it medically or skill-wise. They have a set of rules to ensure their safety, along with refs, doctors, and other commission members, along with their own team to ensure it is as safe as it can be and to stop the instant it is no longer safe. They know exactly who they are fighting and everything about that person, and exactly when, where, and they know that person is alone. There are scheduled breaks where they are examined for their own safety.

There are plenty of jobs that are more dangerous, to label a fighter as "putting their life on the line" is utter bullshit.
Even if they don't die on the job they face frequent injury and chronic pain in their day to day lives, as well as higher risks of brain damage etc. None of the things you mentioned in any way mitigate the risks to your health of being knocked unconscious by an incredibly powerful blunt force trauma to the head, possibly over a dozen times

giphy.gif

I feel sorry for you dumb fuck. You’ve never ran a mile in your fat ass life you computer dork.

Let us see a picture of you

I don't believe anything is "owed", however I do believe it behoove us to respect the athletes who entertain us. Furthermore, if we only value people who are "necessary" then very few people have value - so how ought society regard the valueless? Seems kinda cruel spirited.

In a better world, we respect the fighters as part of our paid admission and while we certainly have the right to boo or dislike certain styles or camps or fighters, it behooves us to respect them nonetheless unless the particular fighter in question has done something reprehensible that merits no respect anyway, or has tainted themselves beyond redemption.

Depends.. if you're a serious fan that loves the sport, then you should definitely respect them. If you just another idiot who thinks this is just prize-fighting and don't care about the sport, just about your entertainment, then do whatever you want, at the end of the day you're just a scumbag anyway

Fuck you Cajun Chicken

You are not owed shit, you can't force respect it's earned.

Why on Earth you'd want respect from fucking scum like MMA fans boggles my mind.

I respect all fighters because they have given me happiness and entertainment for 20 odd years.

Were you loling all the while you were writing that?

i don't think you necessarily owe them respect, but anyone who boos fighters because they feel they aren't entertained enough is an inbred fucking halfwit.

in fact, booing anything other than bad sportsmanship makes you look retarded.

I appreciate that their job is dangerous however.... who cares? They believe that the financial reward is worth the risks they put on their health and that's their decision. Martial Artists idea that everyone owes them serious respect for being quite good at working out needs to stop.

meh i came in siding with fighters but you won me over. its the same arrogance that has musicians saying "be silent for our art" at gigs, like they get to say how people choose to enjoy their night out? fuck that noise

All I can say is I hope Kajun never ends up being put away in shoopable fashion cause then he’d see just how much hespect MMA fans have for the fighters... lol

I appreciate that their job is dangerous however.... who cares? They believe that the financial reward is worth the risks they put on their health and that's their decision. Martial Artists idea that everyone owes them serious respect for being quite good at working out needs to stop.

Its hard for sherdog to comprehend, Kajun doesnt want or thinks he deserves your respect on a personal level, he doesn't believe everyone in the world should treat him with respect because he chose to be a fighter

The respect he's referring to, is the respect for the art, when 2 guys are in there doing their best, at that point, yes he does deserve your respect.

Just like the waiter serving you your food deserves your respect.

Just like anybody on the job whose doing there best to provide deserves a level of respect.

You dont have to like him, you dont have to watch him, you dont have pay for a ppv he's on, but the 15 minutes these guys are out there working, yea show a little respect.

You don't see me boo'ing the city guys for the horrible job there doing whenever i pass by.

Back