Why do we allow primitive tribes to still exist ?

Clearly it's our christian duty to mount a crusade on these infidels. They won't even have the chance to acknowledge Jesus since they keep throwing spears at his messengers.

Baptism by fire I say.

they have fire guys

from wiki: "Fires are maintained as embers inside dwellings, possibly assisted by resin torches."

everyone alluding that the tribesman are doing it right need to utilize some 21st century technology and google what pre-neolithic means.

yeah i know what pre-neolithic means... and?

Clearly it's our christian duty to mount a crusade on these infidels. They won't even have the chance to acknowledge Jesus since they keep throwing spears at his messengers.

Baptism by fire I say.

Well done reading the link.

The writers stance is based on access to education, healthcare and technology, not converting anyone.

They would probably die from a common disease since they have been isolated for so long.

People need to realize that nobody "builds immunities" humans never "built immunities" people who were susceptible to diseases died and so did their offsprings, until those that were resistant by evolutionary chance were the ones that remained alive.

Thats why diseases like Ebola have such a high mortality rate, because humans never endured natural selection of those diseases.

In the comments from the Author he says that "This has nothing to do with culture. As a matter of fact, i think there is no such thing as 'culture'"

He then says that people all want the same things in life, and references money as an example..

So how can you destroy something that doesn't exist? This is the kind of rationalization that dictators can use to help them sleep at night.

Massively arrogant and shallow minded, and it's the kind of thinking someone would put out right before destroying them for the sake of a science project.

yeah i know what pre-neolithic means... and?

and it's shocking that a group of people can presently be 12,000 years behind. That's literally before culture. That's sub-human. You're just saying 'they're doing it right' because you want people to know that you're contrarian, not because you want to actually live like that.

I don't care about modernizing them, in fact, I would actually encourage the opposite because they offer a rare chance for social experimentation. But you can't deny that if you were wondering around the woods behind your house and came across an advanced space-faring culture that have cured all known diseases, that you wouldn't be a bit peeved that they didn't share it with you

and it's shocking that a group of people can presently be 12,000 years behind. That's literally before culture. That's sub-human. You're just saying 'they're doing it right' because you want people to know that you're contrarian, not because you want to actually live like that.

sub-human huh... ok.

and no i wouldnt want to live like that, being born and raised in modern society, i think it would be too difficult to adjust at this point.

it just seems like a worry free, laid back lifestyle, except when someone gets close to your island. then you have to go shoot arrows at them

I don't care about modernizing them, in fact, I would actually encourage the opposite because they offer a rare chance for social experimentation. But you can't deny that if you were wondering around the woods behind your house and came across an advanced space-faring culture that have cured all known diseases, that you wouldn't be a bit peeved that they didn't share it with you

I would have welcomed any civilization that can make my dick not so short and thin.

I say if they look for help we help them.

but that's sort of the point that the guy in that paragraph is making. because they are uneducated and do not understand how everyone else is living, they will never seek help, because they don't know any better. that's why the guy is saying that the onus should be on the rest of us to show them.

Considering we have stuff like Ebola going on right now, I am all for a good purging.

I think that it is wrong to force these primitive tribes into modern society. I think it's arrogant to assume that we live a better life. Sure, we have certain comforts, we have better medicine, etc, but that doesn't mean that our lives are truly better.

you're talking about cultural relativism. i used to believe that, but now i don't. living longer and disease-free isn't about culture, in my mind. that's basic humanity, and we should do what we can to help those people in that way, at the very least.

how many people have left their third-world environment to the first world, and decided that they enjoyed the third-world more? if there are some, there aren't many. if america opened up it's borders, this country would be flooded by these very people. that says it all right there.

I wonder how long it would take those primitive people to assemble a Big Mac.

Live and let live. Of course we cannot do that, because we know what's best for everyone.

I think that it is wrong to force these primitive tribes into modern society. I think it's arrogant to assume that we live a better life. Sure, we have certain comforts, we have better medicine, etc, but that doesn't mean that our lives are truly better.

most people don't understand this unfortunately. too many people think things you buy bring you happiness

Back