Why do we allow primitive tribes to still exist ?

From what I've heard, it's very disrespectful to them when outsiders come in and try to change their way of life. The leaders of the tribes especially take great offense because it's implying that they can't take care of their people.

We need to give them each a bible. They then need to repent for their sins.

There's a lot of dumb threads made on sherdog every day but this may be the worst one ever. How full of yourself and shit do you have to be to actually think like that....

If they had good land we'd have taken it by now.

About 40 years ago, some anthropologists pulled up in a boat and threw them a bunch of fish. They grabbed up the fish and started fucking right there on the beach. Of course, being anthropologists, they watched until they stopped fucking, and then everybody went their separate ways.

There's not really a point to the story, but I say we leave Fishfuck Island alone.

When technology fails and the world goes to shit, these "primitive" people will rule the world bwahahaha

lol, people brining Muslims into this aren't really grasping 'pre-neolithic'. Ancient Greece is like Star Trek to these people. They can't even produce fire. I have no opinion about 'modernizing' them, seems like a waste of time for 200 people honestly. I would like to see some social experiments conducted though...

Yea its pretty unbelievable. How did we determine they were pre-Neolithic? We're talking 10,000B.C. or before. A bic lighter would blow their minds and probably be perceived as devil magic. The holder of such an item would be executed.

About 40 years ago, some anthropologists pulled up in a boat and threw them a bunch of fish. They grabbed up the fish and started fucking right there on the beach. Of course, being anthropologists, they watched until they stopped fucking, and then everybody went their separate ways.

There's not really a point to the story, but I say we leave Fishfuck Island alone.

Damn, primal. :eek:

That is the kind of shit you see at the zoo with primates.

Yea its pretty unbelievable. How did we determine they were pre-Neolithic? We're talking 10,000B.C. or before. A bic lighter would blow their minds and probably be perceived as devil magic. The holder of such an item would be executed.

Here's a quote from the wikipedia page about them. They seem closer to primal than human, I mean, they literally have a sex ritual to calm the warriors.

wikipedia said:
Quite a few discarded their weapons and gestured to us to throw the fish. The women came out of the shade to watch our antics... A few men came and picked up the fish. They appeared to be gratified, but there did not seem to be much softening to their hostile attitude... They all began shouting some incomprehensible words. We shouted back and gestured to indicate that we wanted to be friends. The tension did not ease. At this moment, a strange thing happened

I think that it is wrong to force these primitive tribes into modern society. I think it's arrogant to assume that we live a better life. Sure, we have certain comforts, we have better medicine, etc, but that doesn't mean that our lives are truly better.

I am in agreement with this post.

Well, there's the whole issue that uncontacted (or little contacted) primitive tribes would likely be devastated by disease if exposed to modern society. If no threat is posed by the Tribes, which is highly unlikely, I see no reason to 'force' them into society against their will.

Even in the US you have groups like the Amish that exist somewhat independently from modern society without issue.

Always found it strange with the Amish.

Was thinking about it the other day, the fact that the USA has a somewhat decently sized group of people living in it, who have pretty much as little to do as possible with the rest of the nation.

Is there anything like that in other first world countries?

Geez. TS is the type of liberal who would run up to a Muslim, rip off their hijab and shout "I'm freeing you"!

Get off your high horse bud

Oh yeah, because converting people to Western culture and white/European cultural superiority are huge among liberals.

Holy shit. This post and the premise of this thread is idiotic and racist even for WR standards.

If there are resources on their land then they need to be civilized asap.

everyone alluding that the tribesman are doing it right need to utilize some 21st century technology and google what pre-neolithic means.

Always found it strange with the Amish.

Was thinking about it the other day, the fact that the USA has a somewhat decently sized group of people living in it, who have pretty much as little to do as possible with the rest of the nation.

Is there anything like that in other first world countries?
US also has some Mennonites and Hutterites that shun technology and both can be found in Canada.
Mennonite settlements are also in Mexico and a few South American countries.

Back