Why do we allow primitive tribes to still exist ?

If anything they should have a right to iPads in the jungle. Apple needs to design pictorial user manuals and donate a bunch of iPads and computers to tribes. That would a real interesting social experiment

it wont work cos they will throw arrows to the screen if they see an animal on it

You know that your argument is flawed when you're caught relating entire cultures to babies.

Leave them alone, the history of civilisation meeting primitive tribes has been almost universally disastrous. Australasia, the Americas, Africa, where has contact with pre-civilised people resulted in the 'uplifting' of the primitive tribe? Even when the intention of the civilised world has been benign (which is more often than you might imagine) it just doesn't go well. They just form part of a new underclass, riddled with poverty and all its intendant problems.

The only way a tribe can do well from contact is if they get the final say in the pace and direction the contact takes.

What? Like Africa?
This. The world is still dealing the fallout from mass-contacts of the colonial age.

Stones have been thrown.
What you did there, I sees it.

it wont work cos they will throw arrows to the screen if they see an animal on it

lol. Apple will have another selling point for their new Sapphire glass screens

Lol. There is no reason to assume we are any better off simply because we have advanced technology and live longer. The ignorance and arrogance...

Rofl. I take it English is not this persons first language?

Anyway, I think its ridiculous that this person is comparing tribesman to babies. Thats their way of life, whatre they going to do? Force them to leave their homes? Shut up and leave them alone.

Rofl. I take it English is not this persons first language?

Anyway, I think its ridiculous that this person is comparing tribesman to babies. Thats their way of life, whatre they going to do? Force them to leave their homes? Shut up and leave them alone.

keep it funny bro , no need to get serious.

Just gotta keep the 'Prime Directive' in mind...

lol, people brining Muslims into this aren't really grasping 'pre-neolithic'. Ancient Greece is like Star Trek to these people. They can't even produce fire. I have no opinion about 'modernizing' them, seems like a waste of time for 200 people honestly. I would like to see some social experiments conducted though...

I think that it is wrong to force these primitive tribes into modern society. I think it's arrogant to assume that we live a better life. Sure, we have certain comforts, we have better medicine, etc, but that doesn't mean that our lives are truly better.

I think those tribe members should be introduced to minimum wage jobs, overinflated house & food prices, and 80 hr work weeks.......they will head back to the jungle in a hurry.

I think those tribe members should be introduced to minimum wage jobs, overinflated house & food prices, and 80 hr work weeks.......they will head back to the jungle in a hurry.

for sure , they prob better off in the jungle than working in tesco or the american version of tesco

I think that it is wrong to force these primitive tribes into modern society. I think it's arrogant to assume that we live a better life. Sure, we have certain comforts, we have better medicine, etc, but that doesn't mean that our lives are truly better.

What this guy said

This is a bad argument. Leave them alone.

LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE!_gif.gif

I think its cool how they live.

No bills, no stress, just eat what you hunt & chop woods all day, come home at the end & bang Pocahontas.

Yeah, because "progress" has made the world such a better place.

Back