Who was more impressive, Fedor or Jon Jones?

These threads are stupid, you CAN NOT compare their careers until they're over! Did you know Fedor's first true loss was when he was 34? (Loss to TK was due to cut, doesn't count just like Jones dq loss)

Jones just turned 30 and is still in his prime. Fedor was still destroying fools at that age. If Jones fights until he's 35+ do you think he will still be undefeated? Physical tools decline with age and skills/technique can regress.

These threads are stupid, you CAN NOT compare their careers until they're over! Did you know Fedor's first true loss was when he was 34? (Loss to TK was due to cut, doesn't count just like Jones dq loss)

Jones just turned 30 and is still in his prime. Fedor was still destroying fools at that age. If Jones fights until he's 35+ do you think he will still be undefeated? Physical tools decline with age and skills/technique can regress.

Bro.....

MMA fans don't see the big picture. They simply can't imagine Jones losing. But when he does....all hell will break loose and he'll get shit on like they all do.

And if he continues fighting too long after his prime, it will get even worse.

I think Lyoto finished upper tier opponents before and after facing Jones. Shogun had just finished Lyoto then Jones handled him like nothing... right after he and coaches chased down a robber.

Arlovski almost gift wrapped the KO and presented it to Fedor. Fujita, Randleman, Schilt, Ogawa, etc. were like a few steps above guys like Hong Man Choi, Zulu Jr., Jaideep whatever his name was.

Jones has yet to lose, while Fedor's been finished and gotten his bell rung by guys who aren't really viewed as that good.

Also, I don't know how you can list Evans as one of Jones' best wins but not Lyoto when Lyoto KTFO'd Rashad easily.
Poor little boy... MA math is like a unicorn. Extinct because it didn't make any sense. See what I did there?

jones doesn't look like much when he fights people near his size.
i want him to go fight guys that a lot of the time are way bigger.
and no, i don't mean hong man choo or zulu.
i mean something comparable to fedor vs nog, where jones is the fedor, speaking size.

I think Lyoto finished upper tier opponents before and after facing Jones. Shogun had just finished Lyoto then Jones handled him like nothing... right after he and coaches chased down a robber.

Arlovski almost gift wrapped the KO and presented it to Fedor. Fujita, Randleman, Schilt, Ogawa, etc. were like a few steps above guys like Hong Man Choi, Zulu Jr., Jaideep whatever his name was.

Jones has yet to lose, while Fedor's been finished and gotten his bell rung by guys who aren't really viewed as that good.

Also, I don't know how you can list Evans as one of Jones' best wins but not Lyoto when Lyoto KTFO'd Rashad easily.

nonono you can say whatever you want about the other fighters, but ... shogun is one of my fav. fighters and he wasnt the same after all the knee injuries and stuff. by your logic, Wladimir klitschko should also be in his prime, cuz he never lost, but he wasnt. Buffon with his 40 years is still (football) top 3, but waaaay out of his prime.

shogun + all the injuries
<{cruzshake}>

Fedor every day you ask this stupid ass question
He beat Legendary heavyweight bad asses and was UNDEFEATED IN PRIDE taking out the GODS NOGIERA AND CROCOP!!!!

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONES IS A FOOL AND WELL, JUST A FOOL

ALSO JONES IS A CHEATING ASS DRUG SNIFFING DOPE HEAD
It's still Jones tho.

just compare their size and who they fought (size wise) and the answer should be clear
not saying jones isn't legit, but fedor smashed some mofos twice his size
in his prime he smashed bjj masters, big wrestlers, heavy strikers, monsters, it didn't matter to him

Fedor was more of a finisher, his style was based on doing damage on the feet and finishing on the ground asap. Be it a ranked or unranked opponent, it was usually a 1st round finish or a domination. When he got into trouble he came back quickly and finished.

Jones' style is tailored to win decisions. He has finishes, but a lot of those come from breaking down his opponents and finishing late. When the competition got tougher he usually goes the distance. Fedor had decisions against CC & Nog (twice), but they were more one-sided and with more damage done than Jones' wins over DC (1), Glover and Gus.

IMO, Jones faces tougher competition overall, that plays a part. But if you ask who's more likely to lose peak vs peak it would be Jones based on him losing rounds against his toughest comp, while there was less doubt with Fedor beating them in a rematch.

just compare their size and who they fought (size wise) and the answer should be clear
not saying jones isn't legit, but fedor smashed some mofos twice his size
in his prime he smashed bjj masters, big wrestlers, heavy strikers, monsters, it didn't matter to him

he also did dominate sambo for 10 years ... back then i didnt know what sambo is ... i thought it was something with dancing lol. even today, when i hear sambo = dancing ^^

If jon jones start destroying the HW it will be hard to contest his status..
But Fedor was so much more charismatic didnt even have to talk...

Jones finished Bader, Rampage, DC, Machida, and Shogun. Not to mention dominant decisions over Rashad and Glover. One competitive fight in his whole career.

I can't believe people debate this. Bones is way better----both in resume and in a hypothetical matchup.

Fedor was more of a finisher, his style was based on doing damage on the feet and finishing on the ground asap. Be it a ranked or unranked opponent, it was usually a 1st round finish or a domination. When he got into trouble he came back quickly and finished.

Jones' style is tailored to win decisions. He has finishes, but a lot of those come from breaking down his opponents and finishing late. When the competition got tougher he usually goes the distance. Fedor had decisions against CC & Nog (twice), but they were more one-sided and with more damage done than Jones' wins over DC (1), Glover and Gus.

IMO, Jones faces tougher competition overall, that plays a part. But if you ask who's more likely to lose peak vs peak it would be Jones based on him losing rounds against his toughest comp, while there was less doubt with Fedor beating them in a rematch.

Fedor was more of a finisher??? Maybe against scrubs. His 2 best finishes were Sylvia and the historically chinny Arlovski.

Bones has finished WAY better fighters than Fedor has...way better.

Fedor was more of a finisher??? Maybe against scrubs. His 2 best finishes were Sylvia and the historically chinny Arlovski.

Bones has finished WAY better fighters than Fedor has...way better.

He has, but his style is volume, cumulative damage, while Fedor's was to do damage right away.

You seldom see Jones hurting one of his toughest opponents early, this DC fight is uncommon. Fedor caved Nog's face in pretty quickly, finished the Hammerhouse dudes quickly as well along with putting a beating on Herring and finishing Sylvia & AA.

Jones doesn't have KO power, so his tools are more limited to have the same kind of early violence.

The overall body of Fedor's work to date is slightly better than Jones's total body of work, but Jones is clearly on pace to surpass Fedor, and (baring injury and coke-on-tits) will take a clear advantage within the next 3-4 fights or so.

Fedor's falling off late in his career doesn't change what he accomplished earlier in his career or make it less relevant, especially compare to a younger fighter that is far away from his declining years.

Fedor every day you ask this stupid ass question
He beat Legendary heavyweight bad asses and was UNDEFEATED IN PRIDE taking out the GODS NOGIERA AND CROCOP!!!!

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONES IS A FOOL AND WELL, JUST A FOOL

ALSO JONES IS A CHEATING ASS DRUG SNIFFING DOPE HEAD
lol, just keep living in the past bud.

Back