Who was more impressive, Fedor or Jon Jones?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I was only able to follow Fedor's career after Crocop-Fedor fight happened, so I can't say I followed him from early on in his career during his Pride run, just wondering

If you followed MMA and only if you did from 2002 or 2003, and was able to witness Fedor and Jon Jones from their beginning of their career with the major organization in PRIDE or UFC, who was more impressive their run?

I used to think the best fighter of all time that I saw was Fedor but had Jon Jones as a better fighter in p4p if that makes sense due to what they were able to accomplish in their careers, but Jon Jones...it's as impressive it gets...just wondering!

Fedor every day you ask this stupid ass question
He beat Legendary heavyweight bad asses and was UNDEFEATED IN PRIDE taking out the GODS NOGIERA AND CROCOP!!!!

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONES IS A FOOL AND WELL, JUST A FOOL

ALSO JONES IS A CHEATING ASS DRUG SNIFFING DOPE HEAD

Jones is more impressive. He basically ruined his life with drugs, accidents, PEDs etc. And came back to beat the champ who doesn't lose to anyone except Jones. Fedor did some amazing things in his time. In summary.

ANYONE WHO SAYS FEDOR IS A FOOL AND WELL, JUST A FOOL

ALSO FEDOR IS A OLD ASS SWEATER WEARING RUSSIAN

Poor insecure Fedor fans

They just won't stop making these threads

the GODS NOGIERA AND CROCOP!!!!

I like both. Great fighters. But Gods.......?

giphy.gif

JJ should be named Jon "Soup Bones" Jones, because he knows how to make a meal out of leftovers.

Fedor's win streak > Jones'
Fedor's top wins > Jones'
Fedor's time unbeaten > Jones'
Rounds won in a row: Fedor > Jones' (Jones lost more rounds to Gustaffson than Fedor did in 10 years)
Finishes: Fedor > Jones
Finishes in the 1st round: Fedor > Jones

Jones does have the edge in some cases:

Damage taken during their primes: Jones > Fedor

23ldysy.jpg

Fedor never got his ass kicked that bad in his 20's.

Being scared of HW: Jones > Fedor
Number of failed drug tests: Jones > Fedor
Hiding under a cage: Jones > Fedor
Having suspect T levels: Jones > Fedor
Cheating inside the ring: Jones > Fedor

Plus most of Jones' opponents were past prime or mid/low tier fighters:

Bonnar: Low tier
Machida: 1-3 in his last 4. Earned his shot by retiring old Couture. Past prime.
Shogun: Coming off a second knee reconstruction and layoff. Past prime.
Bader: Mid tier
Vera: Low tier
Rampage: Past prime
Evans: Good win
Matyushenko: Low tier
Hamil: Low tier. Lost by DQ
Belfort: Mid tier at LHW. Lost 4/5 fights at LHW in Pride/UFC before Jones.
Teixeira: Decent win. Only had top wins over mid tier Ryan Bader and a past prime Rampage.
Gustafsson: Got his ass kicked. Close and controversial decision
Cormier: Good win
St. Preux: Ovince had 0 top wins. Lackluster performance by Jones, again against a guy he didn't dwarf.
Cormier: Good win.

Beating Nog x2 and Crocop IN THEIR PRIMES alone > Anything Jones has ever done and will do competition wise.

So yeah Fedor > Jones.

images

Last edited:
Jones. half of Fedor's career was a circus act

Fedor beat guys in their prime who went on to achieve accolades in other organizations.

Jones drafted behind a fallen era. He is a victim of his own era.

How anybody could ever say Fedor is more impressive than Jones is beyond me. Jones has had exactly 1 "bad" fight in his entire career, and he still won by overcoming that adversity and showing champion level heart. He's unofficially got the longest title reign ever at 11 "defences" when you factor in that he never lost the belt and went on to beat OSP and DC, and has beat almost all the GOATs at LHW in extremely convincing fashion.

Fedor on the other hand had a long run, but looked beatable multiple times throughout it, let alone his 4 absolutely brutal losses. He also stayed away from the UFC even though all his main rivals were there immediately after Pride fell (Nog, Cro Cop, Randy, Mir, Lesnar, Sylvia, Andrei), and repeatedly never fought the best competition available for him.

Jones is the GOAT, and it's rather silly to be saying otherwise.

Last edited:
I was only able to follow Fedor's career after Crocop-Fedor fight happened, so I can't say I followed him from early on in his career during his Pride run, just wondering

If you followed MMA and only if you did from 2002 or 2003, and was able to witness Fedor and Jon Jones from their beginning of their career with the major organization in PRIDE or UFC, who was more impressive their run?

I used to think the best fighter of all time that I saw was Fedor but had Jon Jones as a better fighter in p4p if that makes sense due to what they were able to accomplish in their careers, but Jon Jones...it's as impressive it gets...just wondering!
I have watched both fighters fight from Fedors first fight in Pride to Jon's first fight in the UFC. Fedor always left me with the impression he could be beaten by someone since he has had competitive fights with many fighters. Jon Jones on the other hand I knew woud be huge after seeing what this new man could do to Stephan Bonnar. I said this guy will be champion some day, maybe in 5 years. Little did I know it would be less than that and he did it in a dominate fashion. Jones always had an answer to everyone. I count his DQ over Matt Hammil not as a DQ for the 6-12 elbows but a DQ for attempted murder...
Jones by far demolished legends and Hall of Famers more so than Fedor did. Fedor fought some great fighters BUT he had many MORE fights with non-skilled Freaks such as Zulu, Semmy Shilt, Hong Man Choi, and many others....many fights with cans like JAIDEEP SINGH who has a current record of 2 wins and 3 losses today, CHRIS HASEMAN record of 20 wins and 17 losses, LEE HASDELL 9 wins 14 losses....Must I go on?

Jon Jones is far more impressive than Fedor Emelienenko (who has lost to middle weights like Dan Henderson)

Lastly, Jones isnt a saint and has had his USADA issues which turned out to be minor. I have to bring up the fact Fedor, since being in PRIDE FC who literally encouraged PED doping will always have a question mark next to his name for me....since he "for reasons unknown" became a shell of his old self once he came to the USA where such drugs are illegal.

Last edited:
what people feel currently about jj being goat, is what we felt about fedor in his prime

Back