Who was more impressive, Fedor or Jon Jones?

How anybody could ever say Fedor is more impressive than Jones is beyond me. Jones has had exactly 1 "bad" fight in his entire career, and he still won by overcoming that adversity and showing champion level heart. He's unofficially got the longest title reign ever at 11 "defences" when you factor in that he never lost the belt and went on to beat OSP and DC, and has beat almost all the GOATs at LHW in extremely convincing fashion.

Fedor on the other hand had a long run, but looked beatable multiple times throughout it, let alone his 4 absolutely brutal losses. He also stayed away from the UFC even though all his main rivals were there immediately after Pride fell (Nog, Cro Cop, Randy, Mir, Lesnar, Sylvia, Andrei), and repeatedly never fought the best competition available for him.

Jones is the GOAT, and it's rather silly to be saying otherwise.

you should use ur crazy google skills, then you have your answer

Jones is more impressive if you value seeing top competition defeated. Fedor is more impressive if you value seeing cans get crushed.

what people feel currently about jj being goat, is what we felt about fedor in his prime

People probably felt that with Pele and Maradona, same with Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain.

Then Messi and Ronaldo came around, along with Michael Jordan and now Lebron.

Same shit here.

Btw. I'm not saying every generation is better than the last, maybe in football/basketball, but not in fighting necessarily. In MMA though, the new generation is better. Not many were doing MMA back then which obviously means there was a much smaller talent pool. Jon Jones is better than Fedor. His resume is more impressive too.

lol no offense, Fedor fought cans my friend. JAIDEEP SINGH who has a current record of 2 wins and 3 losses today, CHRIS HASEMAN record of 20 wins and 17 losses, LEE HASDELL 9 wins 14 losses, YUJI NAGATA 0 wins 2 losses..... Thats just to name a few, I could go on if youd like, but you do the research.

Fedor every day you ask this stupid ass question
He beat Legendary heavyweight bad asses and was UNDEFEATED IN PRIDE taking out the GODS NOGIERA AND CROCOP!!!!

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONES IS A FOOL AND WELL, JUST A FOOL

ALSO JONES IS A CHEATING ASS DRUG SNIFFING DOPE HEAD
This post epitomises the intellectual level of a Fedor fanatic.

I have watched both fighters fight from Fedors first fight in Pride to Jon's first fight in the UFC. Fedor always left me with the impression he could be beaten by someone since he has had competitive fights with many fighters. Jon Jones on the other hand I knew woud be huge after seeing what this new man could do to Stephan Bonnar. I said this guy will be champion some day, maybe in 5 years. Little did I know it would be less than that and he did it in a dominate fashion. Jones always had an answer to everyone. I count his DQ over Matt Hammil not as a DQ for the 6-12 elbows but a DQ for attempted murder...
Jones by far demolished legends and Hall of Famers more so than Fedor did. Fedor fought some great fighters BUT he had many MORE fights with non-skilled Freaks such as Zulu, Semmy Shilt, Hong Man Choi, and many others....many fights with cans like JAIDEEP SINGH who has a current record of 2 wins and 3 losses today, CHRIS HASEMAN record of 20 wins and 17 losses, LEE HASDELL 9 wins 14 losses....Must I go on?

Jon Jones is far more impressive than Fedor Emelienenko (who has lost to middle weights like Dan Henderson)

Lastly, Jones isnt a saint and has had his USADA issues which turned out to be minor. I have to bring up the fact Fedor, since being in PRIDE FC who literally encouraged PED doping will always have a question mark next to his name for me....since he "for reasons unknown" became a shell of his old self once he came to the USA where such drugs are illegal.

when pride was in the US (las vegas for example) they did tests. And 2 affliction events vs timma and AA (won all 3 fights in the usa) he also got tested by NSAC + olympia test. He also lost in Sambo, which he has dominated for 10 years and you could see how he slowly began to suck ... maybe it was because he started with the religion stuff, or he did not take training as srs as back then (his trainer said this) ... idk. Spain (the golden generation) also began to suck in their 30s + brazil and italy was stil top for their 35 year old players.

anyway ... didnt read everything
<GinJuice>

Both.

Both are as 'above the curve' as any fighter has been. Jones for cage/unified, Fedor for ring/pride

Fedor set the bar at the time, fighters' wouldn't be as good as they are now if it wasn't earlier fighters breaking the mould and showing how good bigger men could be. All fighters owe the earlier fighters.

Of course Jones is 'better' and more well rounded than Fedor (even prime Fedor), particularly in the cage environment - but its all relative to the rest of the competition.

Fedor went like a decade without losing a round, an incredible fighter for the era

Fedor got ragdolled by LHW Arona and hasn't fought the competition Jones has.

Fedor by far.. 32 fights not afraid to fight bigger guys with 23 finishes. Fedor was always exciting and through strikes to finish fight not pidder padder. Also Fedor almost always moved forward

People probably felt that with Pele and Maradona, same with Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain.

Then Messi and Ronaldo came around, along with Michael Jordan and now Lebron.

Same shit here.

Btw. I'm not saying every generation is better than the last, maybe in football/basketball, but not in fighting necessarily. In MMA though, the new generation is better. Not many were doing MMA back then which obviously means there was a much smaller talent pool. Jon Jones is better than Fedor. His resume is more impressive too.

<TrumpWrong1>

Pele could be as good as back then, he had talent, thats the difference. Its unfair too comapre an are, which is 60-70 years old ... lmao. most of these football palyers had a part time job and the support wasnt nearly as good as today (training/money/food/etc). When you compare the last 10-15 years? For fuck sake no ...LMAO. Buffon (40) is still top 3 and didnt envolve at all. They just changed the gameplan (from defensiv to offensiv or to tiki taka). Its just different.

same goes for NBA 90s and today. They arent today better, its different and in 20 years it will probably also be different, but i doubt better. The best argument is "today basketball players are bigger and stuff" yes they are ... but the difference to back then is, they dont have to use their physicality like back then ... a la "bad boy". That why most people call them today "pussys".

Boxing (the bet of the best)

Ali vs Wladimir klitschko. So whats the difference to back then? The money, they are bigger and stronger (it depends). so who would win? Ali has a good chance ... why?

Ali had much better foot work, he was one of the best defensiv boxer, probably the fastest heavyweight boxer and his cardio was veeeery good. he has not had the puncing power of klitschko, but still had enough power.
what has wladimir? he has probably a bigger punching power, he is a tough motherfucker and also bigger

The thing is, you cant really say how good Ali could be, because he lost 3 years in prison.

Anyway ... put Ali in a modern training camp, and i would put my mother on ali, that he would make both brothers his wife. You have to compare the best of the best ... this was just the short form^^ my uncle alone hold a 1-2 hour presentation about athletic and new technology infront of his students, thats why i keep it short ... otherwise wall of text <Lmaoo>

Boxing/MMA will not envolve like swimming. maybe in 100-300 years you will see a huge difference in boxing (for example HW), because of PED/new technology ... anyway :D life isnt a constant

ps: im not even from ali or jordan era .. lol, but i know when i see quality and i dont jump to the next hype train.

Last edited:
@MyEnglishIsPeperoni

Wow. You just went out on a tangent while completely missing my point.

Pele could've been as good as Messi/Ronaldo was he born in their era (better facilities, pay etc. to nurture talent) but he wasn't. That was my only point. A lot of people will say, that if you took that exact Pele and have him play today (that exact version) he would outperform Messi and Ronaldo. That's simply not true and people only claim such things out of nostalgia. That was my only point. If he was born in the 80's, as Messi and Ronaldo, then sure, maybe his talents would make him a great player in this era and objectively better than he was in his era, but that was not the discussion.

In terms of basketball, I didn't say todays era was better than the 90's. I said MJ and Lebron are better than Russel and Wilt - not that Lebron is better than MJ was. I say that because the talent pool in basketball wasn't that good prior to the Magic/Bird era. I don't think Wilt would perform better than Dwight Howard if he played today.

I specifically said, that the same can't be said for fighting, so I have no idea why you started blabbing about Ali etc. Did you even read my posts? Old time boxers are probably better than todays, especially the heavyweights, since the talent pool has shifted. However, in Fedor's era, the talent pool was VERY shallow, as it wasn't a popular sport. Thus it's logical to assume, that he fought lesser talent than the athletes of today. And we can see that by just looking at his resume.

So unless you actually bother to read my post, don't quote me.

@MyEnglishIsPeperoni

Wow. You just went out on a tangent while completely missing my point.

Pele could've been as good as Messi/Ronaldo was he born in their era (better facilities, pay etc. to nurture talent) but he wasn't. That was my only point. A lot of people will say, that if you took that exact Pele and have him play today (that exact version) he would outperform Messi and Ronaldo. That's simply not true and people only claim such things out of nostalgia. That was my only point.

In terms of basketball, I didn't say todays era was better than the 90's. said MJ and Lebron are better than Russel and Wilt. I say that because the talent pool in basketball wasn't that good prior to the Magic/Bird era. I don't think Wilt perform better than Dwight Howard if he played today.

I specifically said, that the same can't be said for fighting, so I have no idea why you started blabbing about Ali etc. Did you even read my posts? Old time boxers are probably better than todays, especially the heavyweights, since the talent pool has shifted. However, in Fedor's era, the talent pool was VERY shallow, as it wasn't a popular sport. Thus it's logical to assume, that he fought lesser talent than the athletes of today. And we can see that by just looking at his resume.

So unless you actually bother to read my post, don't quote me.

no not really, cuz my handy sucks and im tired <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo> sorry ;):mad::oops: anyway ... i cant say much about fedor, because i dont know everything <Lmaoo> i think i mixed up your post with another one ... maybe thats why i wrote that idk:p

lol no offense, Fedor fought cans my friend. JAIDEEP SINGH who has a current record of 2 wins and 3 losses today, CHRIS HASEMAN record of 20 wins and 17 losses, LEE HASDELL 9 wins 14 losses, YUJI NAGATA 0 wins 2 losses..... Thats just to name a few, I could go on if youd like, but you do the research.

You can't really compare their careers.

He fought Singh when he was almost 40, and certainly washed up.

The other guys you listed fell in periods where he was fighting 5 times a year.

HW records will always be worse than lower weight classes - that's why the belt changes hands so often, even now. HW's hit hard enough that one punch is all it takes, and no matter how big a can you are facing, your chances of being caught and losing are much greater at HW.

In addition to fighting much more often, Fedor also held gold medals in combat sambo while simultaneously fighting in Pride. Combat Sambo is basically Russian mma.

So it's no surprise that a man with that many miles would decline rapidly, as he did in his later fights.

The minute Jon Jones starts taking risks and fighting 3 HW cans IN ADDITION TO his regularly scheduled title defenses/legit fights, while simultaneously taking fights in another mma organization, such as combat sambo, then you can make an apt comparison.

You would also have to wait until Jon gets a little mileage on him. Chances are, like most fighters, he will decline, look like shit, and everyone will lambaste him for "never really being that great", because they will look at the records of other fighters who he beat, and sure enough those fighters will also be declining and suffer the same "they were never really that good" revisionisms.

You can't really compare their careers.

He fought Singh when he was almost 40, and certainly washed up.

The other guys you listed fell in periods where he was fighting 5 times a year.

HW records will always be worse than lower weight classes - that's why the belt changes hands so often, even now. HW's hit hard enough that one punch is all it takes, and no matter how big a can you are facing, your chances of being caught and losing are much greater at HW.

In addition to fighting much more often, Fedor also held gold medals in combat sambo while simultaneously fighting in Pride. Combat Sambo is basically Russian mma.

So it's no surprise that a man with that many miles would decline rapidly, as he did in his later fights.

The minute Jon Jones starts taking risks and fighting 3 HW cans IN ADDITION TO his regularly scheduled title defenses/legit fights, while simultaneously taking fights in another mma organization, such as combat sambo, then you can make an apt comparison.

You would also have to wait until Jon gets a little mileage on him. Chances are, like most fighters, he will decline, look like shit, and everyone will lambaste him for "never really being that great", because they will look at the records of other fighters who he beat, and sure enough those fighters will also be declining and suffer the same "they were never really that good" revisionisms.

didnt he dominate sambo also for 10 years? i dont know anymore
anyway i thin kim off good night boys and girls

Jon Emelianenko was most impressive.

no not really, cuz my handy sucks and im tired <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo> sorry ;):mad::oops: anyway ... i cant say much about fedor, because i dont know everything <Lmaoo> i think i mixed up your post with another one ... maybe thats why i wrote that idk:p

No worries, I think you just misunderstood my post. No biggie.

Bones jones with the exceptions of Nog and Crocop who did Fedor beat that was a valid top 10 in the world. How did Nog, cop and Fedor fair under US rules and sanctions. Gonzaga, Lindland, Mir and others beat them... case rested.. who has beat Jones?.

Jones is GOAT ND

what people feel currently about jj being goat, is what we felt about fedor in his prime
Untrue many felt crocop or randy couture would have won some even supported Wanderli. Based on the lindland fight what would Randy have done lol

Going with Fedor at the moment. The guy made a career of beating top ranked guys and former champs during his undefeated run. Jones does have the talent and skill to pass him and might when its all said and done.

Back