Who was more impressive, Fedor or Jon Jones? | Page 7

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Aug 1, 2017.

1. helltoupee Brown Belt

helltoupee
    I agree he fought a lot of cans.

I'm just saying it's difficult to gauge how well JBJ would do if he were being forced to fight openweight every couple months, while also holding gold in combat sambo year after year.

To put things in perspective, Jon Jones lost more rounds in the Gus fight than Fedor did in a 10 year stretch.

Fedor>Cain likes this.
  2. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    Good call. It was meant to sound moronic in response to a moron. You know, from the island of Moronia? Time for my medicine... lol.

3. jjjjjjjjjjohnny JDP is the CHAMP!

jjjjjjjjjjohnny
    Fedor and GSP far surpass any fighter alive as of today. DJ is approaching quickly....

4. Mark S Anderson Amateur Fighter

Mark S Anderson
    Lindland rocked him and could have won simple fact did u watch it?

5. pride_is_back Orange Belt

pride_is_back
    All of the guys that Fedor beat would beat up all of the guys that Jones beat, so Fedor >>>> Jones

6. Mark S Anderson Amateur Fighter

Mark S Anderson
    State contradictory evidence please do?

7. paynebringer Black Beast Silverback Golden Belt...♠♠♠

paynebringer
    In case my reply got buried Jones more impressive than Fedor...

8. wtkace** Green Belt

wtkace**
    Jones had almost wipen out the rest of LHW, one more win against Guftasson will simply left absolute 0 fights left for him, so he is the greatest LHW of all time as for now. ( Already)
    But HW is a different game, 1 single punch can change the whole game. So I give my credit towards Fedor.

9. KORMAN Big Nog Is Numero Uno

KORMAN
    While Jones is for sure impressive, his boxngs seirosuly lacking, and doesn't impress me, at all.

Fedor didn't have perfect form or technique, but man, he could strike luke lightning, and with such velocity. Also, his kciks were way stronger than Jon's.

I think they have equally devastating GnP. Jonesore with elbows, and fedor with actual punches.

Overall, I give the edge to Fedor, because of his submission game of his back, and from the top position.

10. MMA__Analyst Green Belt

MMA__Analyst
    Completely irrelevant. Pride and UFC rounds are structured and judged so differently. And I think fedor might have lost some rounds against arona. Arona gave Fedor a much tougher fight than Gus gave Jones

Gregoire1 likes this.
  11. Mark S Anderson Amateur Fighter

Mark S Anderson
    lol oops sorry did u say Jones gets past-prime guys?. Name a LHW he should of fought on way to top he didn't destroy?.
    How did the ppl Fedor beat fair in the UFC, ? Nog, Crocop, let's not mention freaks like 7ft Koreans and Zulizinho you don't have history recollection cause you probably wasn't there at the time.

Fedor got pushed by MW Lindland and smashed by MW Hendo Jones got beat by eh...............................

12. Fedor>Cain K1 Level Shit Talk

Fedor>Cain
    {<huh}

Gus sent Jones to the hospital on a stretcher. Arona didn't do that to Fedor.

13. 1SikSix Tiramisu Belt

1SikSix
    They're both great...but the unbiased difference is Fedor ran thru bigger opponents in his prime...while Jones knows he cant run thru Cain Wedum Miocic Ngannou Reem.

Therefore Fedor = GOAT

14. MMA__Analyst Green Belt

MMA__Analyst
    I misspoke. The Arona fight was much more competitive and closer than the Gus-Jones fight. Even though there was more damage done in the Gus-Jones fight, if that makes sense lmao

15. Fedor>Cain K1 Level Shit Talk

Fedor>Cain
    You can make a good case for Jones losing.

Like, Jones probably won the most rounds but took the most overall damage. That would be a loss in Pride. And still, Fedor isn't in his prime at that point unlike Jones.That was green Fedor in his 4th pro fight.

MMA__Analyst likes this.
  16. MMA__Analyst Green Belt

MMA__Analyst
    Not really. Jones won the 2nd round, the 4th round (it was comeptitive, but Jones stole the round in the last minute with the flurry of punches, knees, and elbows he did), and the 5th round.

17. Dbreiden83080 Gold Belt

Dbreiden83080
    You know I had this argument earlier in the day with a hard-core Fedor fan. The reality is during the prime of his career Fedor has a lot of fighters on his resume that nobody has ever heard of. They are flat out tomato cans to be honest. Jones has beat Hall of Fame fighters one after the other basically his entire career.

18. Fedor>Cain K1 Level Shit Talk

Fedor>Cain
    Re-read my post haha. I said Jones won the most rounds. BUT he took the most damage throughout the fight which would be a loss in Pride. Rings had different rules than the UFC, different rules than Pride. The UFC/Pride have more in common with each other than they do with Rings. Comparing a fight in Rings to UFC/Pride is apples and oranges.

MMA__Analyst likes this.
  19. Dbreiden83080 Gold Belt

Dbreiden83080
    Jones took a lot of damage in the fight, and yes he went to the hospital. But so did Alexander. And the closest the fight was to being finished was the fourth round. Jones has such an amazing chin even though he was being hit a lot he was OK. The accumulation of damage only really hit him when the adrenaline weared off after the fight.

20. Dbreiden83080 Gold Belt

Dbreiden83080
    Oh really? His greatest win is usually regarded as Mirko. He came to the UFC and got his ass fucking kicked in what was supposed to be the prime of his career.