Warhammer 40k

That's not even 40k, she's dressed as something from the Warmachine Khador faction and all the models from her section are from that game.

yeahhh i may have had a little to drink

So, we've just gotten a big ol' info dump on the nu-marines. Links to the community articles:

A New Breed of Hero
Primaris Space Marines: Gaming
Primaris Space Marines: FAQ

Probably best to read the articles, but the basic gist is that the designs look fine, the rules look fine, but the fluff sucks. They're just marines+1 and it sounds very much like GW wants to phase out old kits to make people re-buy their armies (and for the most popular faction, at that) while using a bunch of marketing-speak to try and assuage the anxiety.

New40KPrimarisArt1.jpg

New40kIntercessorDatasheet.jpg

So, we've just gotten a big ol' info dump on the nu-marines. Links to the community articles:

A New Breed of Hero
Primaris Space Marines: Gaming
Primaris Space Marines: FAQ

Probably best to read the articles, but the basic gist is that the designs look fine, the rules look fine, but the fluff sucks. They're just marines+1 and it sounds very much like GW wants to phase out old kits to make people re-buy their armies (and for the most popular faction, at that) while using a bunch of marketing-speak to try and assuage the anxiety.

New40KPrimarisArt1.jpg

New40kIntercessorDatasheet.jpg

ok? so are the rebuilding the legion?

this is pretty stupid an useless?

Last edited:
Yeah so they are uber marines
Lots of interesting points raised online forums
-entire chapters raised of these guys...sounds like old style marine phase out like thunder warriors were
Or maybe gm getting ready for slight jump forward in timeline where later these are now almost the norm

-integrating these guys into existing chapters
So will they have gene seed altered to fit into these chapters ? If so will they see the flaws enhanced too like black rage in blood angels ?
Indocrinatuon process? Will these guys fit into say fenrisian culture of space wolves? Will they be permemant outsiders?
Will some defect to chaos?
Has gulliman fitted them with his own 'order 66'?
Dark angels gonna let outsiders in?doubt it
As bigger and stronger and faster do they all automaticaly become 'champions' of compaines/chapters?

Yeah so they are uber marines
Lots of interesting points raised online forums
-entire chapters raised of these guys...sounds like old style marine phase out like thunder warriors were
Or maybe gm getting ready for slight jump forward in timeline where later these are now almost the norm

So will they have gene seed altered to fit into these chapters ? If so will they see the flaws enhanced too like black rage in blood angels ?
Indocrinatuon process? Will these guys fit into say fenrisian culture of space wolves? Will they be permemant outsiders?
As bigger and stronger and faster do they all automaticaly become 'champions' of compaines/chapters?

:eek:

I suspect over the next two+ decades GW will update and expand the space marine ranges to be bigger marines and fill in the story as they see fit.

I am excited the Death Guard will be revealed soon since there are a lot panels related to them for Warhammer Fest.

One of the articles mentioned that they will have matching geneseed to whatever chapter they are built for (though I suspect virtually all new chapter that get built out of just the new dudes will be from Ultramarine stock, because Girlyman has been set on having his own empire since pre-heresy times). If they don't mangle the fluff then I'd see a number of chapters as not being very receptive of these new dudes.

Dark Angles: One of the most insular and paranoid chapters around. No way in hell do they just let outsiders waltz on into their chapter.
Space Wolves: Their geneseed has major problems integrating with anybody not from Fenris. Numarines with Space Wolf geneseed would probably go wulfen almost immediately.
Blood Angels: Similar to the Space Wolves, the Red Thirst is a major issue and nobody knows how the numarines would react to it. Blood Angels would probably be very hesitant to let such an unknown quantity into their midst.
Salamanders: They've been a small group ever since the drop site massacre. Culturally they've never shown a desire to grow quickly, and a large part of being a Salamander is learned: the numarines might have Vulcan's geneseed and be excellent combatants but they'd have none of the non-combat skills that Salamanders revere nor would they have familial ties to Nocturne.
Raven Guard: They'd remember when Corax tried basically this exact same thing during the Heresy, and it went very poorly. Don't see them jumping at this.
Ultramarines: Jizzing themselves at the thought of brand new successor chapters beholden to Ultramar.
Imperial Fists: Dunno for sure, but I can't think of any reason they wouldn't accept numarines.
White Scars: I'm not super familiar with the Scars, but I can't think of anything off-hand that'd make them say no
Iron Hands: They're very close with the mechanicus so they'd probably be willing to go with numarines due to Cawl.

So it's basically 50/50 on who would be for/against this new development. Seems like a potential civil-war level issue, but we know from Girlyman's forcing of the Codex onto everybody post-heresy that he has no problem being a bully and pushing things to the brink just to get his way.

One of the articles mentioned that they will have matching geneseed to whatever chapter they are built for (though I suspect virtually all new chapter that get built out of just the new dudes will be from Ultramarine stock, because Girlyman has been set on having his own empire since pre-heresy times). If they don't mangle the fluff then I'd see a number of chapters as not being very receptive of these new dudes.

Dark Angles: One of the most insular and paranoid chapters around. No way in hell do they just let outsiders waltz on into their chapter.
Space Wolves: Their geneseed has major problems integrating with anybody not from Fenris. Numarines with Space Wolf geneseed would probably go wulfen almost immediately.
Blood Angels: Similar to the Space Wolves, the Red Thirst is a major issue and nobody knows how the numarines would react to it. Blood Angels would probably be very hesitant to let such an unknown quantity into their midst.
Salamanders: They've been a small group ever since the drop site massacre. Culturally they've never shown a desire to grow quickly, and a large part of being a Salamander is learned: the numarines might have Vulcan's geneseed and be excellent combatants but they'd have none of the non-combat skills that Salamanders revere nor would they have familial ties to Nocturne.
Raven Guard: They'd remember when Corax tried basically this exact same thing during the Heresy, and it went very poorly. Don't see them jumping at this.
Ultramarines: Jizzing themselves at the thought of brand new successor chapters beholden to Ultramar.
Imperial Fists: Dunno for sure, but I can't think of any reason they wouldn't accept numarines.
White Scars: I'm not super familiar with the Scars, but I can't think of anything off-hand that'd make them say no
Iron Hands: They're very close with the mechanicus so they'd probably be willing to go with numarines due to Cawl.

So it's basically 50/50 on who would be for/against this new development. Seems like a potential civil-war level issue, but we know from Girlyman's forcing of the Codex onto everybody post-heresy that he has no problem being a bully and pushing things to the brink just to get his way.
True
He has the full weight of imperium to push this on chapters with
Anyone fucking around may get a vist from the minatours or his new all uber marine chapters (another issue how to balance these new guys with old fan favourites so they arent.completely overshadowed.)

True
He has the full weight of imperium to push this on chapters with
Anyone fucking around may get a vist from the minatours or his new all uber marine chapters (another issue how to balance these new guys with old fan favourites so they arent.completely overshadowed.)

what should have happened is a 2nd 30k instead of stupid uber marines. to be honest....

also what do you guys think of Sanguinius? From a 30k stand point the dude was legit as fuck.

Also im honestly thinking of going 30k instead of 40k...

what should have happened is a 2nd 30k instead of stupid uber marines. to be honest....

also what do you guys think of Sanguinius? From a 30k stand point the dude was legit as fuck.

Also im honestly thinking of going 30k instead of 40k...
Yeah when thhey said guiliman would help take the fight to choas i expected maybe better weaponsn plus maybe their own version of the necron pylons that push choas back

Yeah he was everyones bro ...he supposed to represent what the imperium could have been..hence he died :(
Even horus when eveil still missed him..thats how much of a bro he was
Plus badass as fuck...flying backbreakers a greater demon like a boss

Yeah when thhey said guiliman would help take the fight to choas i expected maybe better weaponsn plus maybe their own version of the necron pylons that push choas back

Yeah he was everyones bro ...he supposed to represent what the imperium could have been..hence he died :(
Even horus when eveil still missed him..thats how much of a bro he was
Plus badass as fuck...flying backbreakers a greater demon like a boss

so who is the Sanguinar? or what is he...

so who is the Sanguinar? or what is he...
Id say hes either some sort of phycic remnant of sangunnius fired out at his death throes or maybe sanguinius soul given form temporarily by big e to kick ass .....another of his 'angels'

Id say hes either some sort of phycic remnant of sangunnius fired out at his death throes or maybe sanguinius soul given form temporarily by big e to kick ass .....another of his 'angels'

im thinking the same thing. i miss my blood angels army :(

i havent seem a 30k blood angel army yet. i need to look at some.

ill have to post some picture of my friend angels painting work. Right now shes practicing on Battletech figures and then gonna try an pro-paint warhammer 40k stuff

im thinking the same thing. i miss my blood angels army :(

i havent seem a 30k blood angel army yet. i need to look at some.
Blood angels are awesome
Dantes a beast...shit theres another issue with these new marines
Chapter master is usaly supposedly through exp and usalu javing boss relic equipment one of if not the baddest mofo in a chapter..all that ruined now too :(

Blood angels are awesome
Dantes a beast...shit theres another issue with these new marines
Chapter master is usaly supposedly through exp and usalu javing boss relic equipment one of if not the baddest mofo in a chapter..all that ruined now too :(

i fucking hate these damn ubermarines no fucking point

i fucking hate these damn ubermarines no fucking point
As a star wars fan id like it if it was like the old cannon for the clones
Aka old wave clones can shoot straight as trained and the newbies are mass produced garbage that cant

if i recall the blood angels are pretty big on they're education and art an are very fascinated by it, well according to HH.

Back