What is the most underrated sequel of all time?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just watched Predator 2. It did horribly with fans but i've recognized the importance with this sequel. It expanded on the lore of the yuathjya (spelling) and brought new weapons.

Terminator 2 is GOAT sequel imo. Other great sequels?

Underrated sequel?
MV5BMTA2NTkzNTY5NDheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDgxMTM4OA@@._V1_.jpg
Edit- just saw you said of all time. Maybe not of all time lol, but definitely underrated and way better than the first imo. Which is always impressive for a sequel.

2FGS.gif

It's creepy, it has the right vibes, Anthony Hopkins effortless slips back into his most famous role and despite changing actresses, the Clarice character is still true to the Jodie Foster version. There's still something novel and interesting about seeing Hannibal out in the wild throughout the movie after we see him locked up in Silence. Hans Zimmer also made a great score for it that I love to this day

I remember as a kid thinking Lion King 2 was better than the original. Whats weird is I can't remember Lion King 2 but I remember distinctly liking it more than the original which I do remember.

Just watched Predator 2. It did horribly with fans but i've recognized the importance with this sequel. It expanded on the lore of the yuathjya (spelling) and brought new weapons.

Terminator 2 is GOAT sequel imo. Other great sequels?
Spiderman 2 with Tobey McGuire is still the GOAT Spiderman movie

Godfather 2 and The Empire strikes back are up there with T2 as GOAT sequel

Personally, I'm more partial to Anal Nympho 2. The production learned from the original, and used ample lube in the sequel

Adios Sabata
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Airplane 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Conan the Destroyer
Crocodile Dundee 2
Die Hard 2
Dirty Harry 2
Futureworld
Ghostbusters 2
Gremlins 2
Grumpier Old Men
Naked Gun 2 1/2
Poltergeist 2
Return to Oz
Young Guns 2

Scream 2 is a pretty darn good follow up to the original.

If you consider Dark Knight a sequel.. that would probably be the GOAT

Underrated sequel?
View attachment 1026321
Edit- just saw you said of all time. Maybe not of all time lol, but definitely underrated and way better than the first imo. Which is always impressive for a sequel.
I didn't even know this existed.

I'm also one of the few people who liked Predator 2

Karate Kid 2

Kickboxer 2

Back To The Future 2

Sniper 2

Best Of The Best 2

Another 24 Hrs.

Dusk Til’ Dawn 2

From Russia With Love

Edit: Dawn Of The Dead

Last edited:
I didn't even know this existed.

I'm also one of the few people who liked Predator 2
Lol, right its for underrated, great movie.

P2 had grown on me over the years. A good film, Predator isn't an easy act to follow.

Back