What is the most underrated sequel of all time?

2FGS.gif

It's creepy, it has the right vibes, Anthony Hopkins effortless slips back into his most famous role and despite changing actresses, the Clarice character is still true to the Jodie Foster version. There's still something novel and interesting about seeing Hannibal out in the wild throughout the movie after we see him locked up in Silence. Hans Zimmer also made a great score for it that I love to this day

The Silence of The Lambs is in actually a sequel to the 1986 film "Manhunter"

G1n3CQ2qf2DDJ-0CjI97iTHzy3WDVM1ZH3jCBS88S40LJj8pqaD87rPwAvaO3keyFop5CSGKRwXDivlafwVOhaSpg-vauiIjX7itBlERbh4

I always thought karate kid 2 was really good.

Going to Okinawa, learning a bunch about Mr Miyagi's past, and introducing Chozen; all wins if you ask me.

This would be my vote. It's a film not many people have seen and it shouldn't work but totally does. It's pretty wild going from a black and white movie to 23 years later, a color movie right in the hey day of slasher flicks. Norman is super likable and sympathetic in the movie and it's just well acted and interesting. It might not be as iconic as the first but it's satisfying follow up to the original if you wanted to know what happened to Norman after the events of Psycho.

Sherdog hates Ryan Reynolds who is my favourite actor. Blade:Trinity. And I loved the previous two.

Just watched Predator 2. It did horribly with fans but i've recognized the importance with this sequel. It expanded on the lore of the yuathjya (spelling) and brought new weapons.

Terminator 2 is GOAT sequel imo. Other great sequels?
Rocky 2 was about as good as the first, bonus for rocky winning. It also was the last one that felt like the first one, after that, shit was grandiose.

This would be my vote. It's a film not many people have seen and it shouldn't work but totally does. It's pretty wild going from a black and white movie to 23 years later, a color movie right in the hey day of slasher flicks. Norman is super likable and sympathetic in the movie and it's just well acted and interesting. It might not be as iconic as the first but it's satisfying follow up to the original if you wanted to know what happened to Norman after the events of Psycho.
it was a reasonably big hit and it's got one of the nuttiest scenes I've ever seen.

Just watched Predator 2. It did horribly with fans but i've recognized the importance with this sequel. It expanded on the lore of the yuathjya (spelling) and brought new weapons.

Terminator 2 is GOAT sequel imo. Other great sequels?
Same era I would also mention Robocop 2.

Granted I don't think its as good as the original, it lacks the same heart to its drama but I think as an action/satire it manages to live up to the original. I don't think it helps that it feels like it was intended to be the setup to a sequel we never got with Murphys wife, instead we got the terrible Robo 3 which drops that plot entirely and loses all the dark comedy in favour of bland cheese.

To be honest as well I feel Die Hard 2 is a little underrated, again lacking the heart and some of the character of the original but its one of the best Die Hard clones for me.

I feel that whole era of the early 90's was a bit "you don't know what you got till its gone" in terms of action films, a lot of them have aged far better than the mid 90's bland PG films which followed.

2FGS.gif

It's creepy, it has the right vibes, Anthony Hopkins effortless slips back into his most famous role and despite changing actresses, the Clarice character is still true to the Jodie Foster version. There's still something novel and interesting about seeing Hannibal out in the wild throughout the movie after we see him locked up in Silence. Hans Zimmer also made a great score for it that I love to this day

I liked Red Dragon a lot more.

I think people tend to view it as being some slasher cash in on the original, its a bit scuzzier perhaps but well written/shot with some genuine substance to it.

The latter sequels I think quality does drop off badly but this is a very sold film indeed.

People shit on Indiana Jones Temple of Doom but back in the days was super entertaining movie and did LOT to expand the "style" of an IJ movie, lot of iconic scenes that sticked into pop culture in many ways

Army of Darkness is legendary and best of Evil Dead series

Conan the Destroyer was weaker than first, but at same time was cooler because added many elements (the group, monster, more fantasy vibes)

Karate Kid 2 was probably best of KK series (yeah KK3 had Terry SIlver, but still)

Batman Returns is best Tim Burton Batman

best horror film that no one ever talks about. Not only is part 3 one of the goat horror films but a top 5-10 goat sequel, easy. on par with the orignal

Colour of Money

Came in to post this. A lot of people don't even know it's a sequel. It's underrated in any sequel discussion and it's underrated in any Scorsese discussion as well, imo.

*Color
best horror film that no one ever talks about. Not only is part 3 one of the goat horror films but a top 5-10 goat sequel, easy. on par with the orignal

Good choice; it is the actual sequel in the books. I wouldn't say it's "on par with" the original simply because The Exorcist is a GOAT tier movie (not just horror). Also, and it gets said to death when this movie is discussed, but III easily has the best jump scare in all of cinema.

Another 48hrs
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

T2 Trainspotting is hugely underrated. It's everything a sequel should be and with such a long break between movies that's incredible.

Back