UFC Heavyweight Champ Jon Jones Undergoes Elbow Surgery

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

rvcfaslgicuni296hf1p.jpg

Since he was already in the rehabilitation process, Jon Jones has decided to take care of some additional ailments while he waits.

The UFC heavyweight champion revealed on social media that he recently underwent surgery on his left elbow. Jones has been sidelined after suffering a torn pectoral in training prior to a scheduled title defense against Stipe Miocic this past November.

“Back out here in California with Dr. [Neal] ElAttrache, this time instead of doing a pec repair, we are working on my left elbow,” Jones said in a video on his Instagram stories. “I’m actually about one hour off the table. We had a two-hour surgery shaving down some bone spurs. The good news is it’s about a 10-week healing process, and I’m out for months anyway, because of this pec surgery, so I thought I’d just kill two birds and get this elbow taken care of once and for all.

“I appreciate all the support. Your boy’s back in the sling, back on this recovery journey. Still on this recovery journey. Sometimes you have to take a small step back in order to move forward, and I’m patient. I appreciate you guys support, your love and your positive energy, and I will be back. Love you all.”

Dr. ElAttrache, who is the head team physician for the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams and MLB’s Los Angeles Dodgers, also performed the surgery on Jones’ torn pectoral. Jones is expected to face Miocic once he is cleared to compete again, but a timetable for his return has not been determined.

Hope both surgeries go well. Time to get the division moving again!

rvcfaslgicuni296hf1p.jpg

Since he was already in the rehabilitation process, Jon Jones has decided to take care of some additional ailments while he waits.

The UFC heavyweight champion revealed on social media that he recently underwent surgery on his left elbow. Jones has been sidelined after suffering a torn pectoral in training prior to a scheduled title defense against Stipe Miocic this past November.

“Back out here in California with Dr. [Neal] ElAttrache, this time instead of doing a pec repair, we are working on my left elbow,” Jones said in a video on his Instagram stories. “I’m actually about one hour off the table. We had a two-hour surgery shaving down some bone spurs. The good news is it’s about a 10-week healing process, and I’m out for months anyway, because of this pec surgery, so I thought I’d just kill two birds and get this elbow taken care of once and for all.

“I appreciate all the support. Your boy’s back in the sling, back on this recovery journey. Still on this recovery journey. Sometimes you have to take a small step back in order to move forward, and I’m patient. I appreciate you guys support, your love and your positive energy, and I will be back. Love you all.”

Dr. ElAttrache, who is the head team physician for the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams and MLB’s Los Angeles Dodgers, also performed the surgery on Jones’ torn pectoral. Jones is expected to face Miocic once he is cleared to compete again, but a timetable for his return has not been determined.

Shoulder surgery, elbow surgery....what next?
Now if he actually lost the excuses would be endless.

Shoulder surgery, elbow surgery....what next?
Now if he actually lost the excuses would be endless.
Excuses for what exactly? Anyone who already believes Jones the best fighter ever already believes it. Anyone that doesn’t never will. There is no excuse it’s over. These are just paycheck fights at the end

Strange watching someone so invulnerable start to unravel physically, I know he wants to fight Stipe’s corpse, but he should consider going to a hot island to drink expensive booze out of a cheap coconut before this shit catches up to him

Excuses for what exactly? Anyone who already believes Jones the best fighter ever already believes it. Anyone that doesn’t never will. There is no excuse it’s over. These are just paycheck fights at the end

I couldn't care less about that shitbag tbh with you.
Good fighter that has popped enough times to be banned for life, and many other infractions that he has inflicted on others.

Like I said, talented fighter that has wasted giant chucks of his career being a criminal pos.

Strange watching someone so invulnerable start to unravel physically, I know he wants to fight Stipe’s corpse, but he should consider going to a hot island to drink expensive booze out of a cheap coconut before this shit catches up to him

Is it really strange that a lifelong drug and steroid abuser is falling apart though sir.?

Is it really strange that a lifelong drug and steroid abuser is falling apart though sir.?
Not if your going to use logic like that <Lmaoo>
I’m only going off of my own juvenile perception that this guy is favoured by Satan and no matter if the trouble he ran into was in the cage or with the law , the prince of darkness always granted him the ability to dodge bullets

Back