Jon Jones Tabbed as Slight Favorite in Potential Matchup with Tom Aspinall

New format will take a while to get used to but maybe after a couple weeks it'll feel normal.

It's hard to comment on Aspinall vs Jones knowing Jones is injured and considering I don't believe he intends on fighting anybody besides Stipe. Gane fight was too fast and in Jones' previous 2 fights before that he did not look very good.

since the Reyes fight almost 4 years ago Jones has only spent 2 minutes in the cage. I have to go with Aspinall if it ever did happen. Jones would be 37 or 38 at the time and I think Aspinall has the tools to even present problems for a younger Jon Jones.

I don't think there's anybody that's gonna be favored over Jones until he loses or hits 40.

Aspinal would be dangerous as hell. Especially in the early rounds.

Could see Jones giving him problems with his clinch work and kicking game. Don't think Aspinal would be able to take Jon down. But it's a crapshoot to predict that fight because we've seen so little of Jones in the past 5 years
I don't think it is a crapshoot. Jon was struggling badly at LHW against lesser fighters later in his career and then beat a HW with no grappling. There really is not much of a chance that he can beat a HW that big and skilled, especially at this point in his career. In any case, it's probably a moot point because Jones will not risk his legacy on a fight with Tom; he has already said as much.

Hope you are enjoying the upgrade...

Thoughts on V2 and Jones vs Aspinal ?
V2 is going to take a while to get used to. I still like vBulletin the most.

Top experience vs young talent would be a very interesting fight. I would give Jones an advantage today because he has a lot of tools and knows how to use the distance. His chin is also great. But Aspinal got speed and power and anything can happen in MMA.

Jones looked stiff and slow against Gane striking and was struggling against the boxing of Reyes which will be amplified against Aspinall.

He better hope Aspinalls cardio is shit.

Would love Jones vs Aspinall don’t wanna hear a single Jones fan say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because he ducked Whittaker when your GOAT is about to duck Tommy

Jones is never fighting Aspinall. He will fight Stipe, then retire, then spend his days snorting cocaine and tweeting every time another GOAT candidate wins/loses.

New format will take a while to get used to but maybe after a couple weeks it'll feel normal.

It's hard to comment on Aspinall vs Jones knowing Jones is injured and considering I don't believe he intends on fighting anybody besides Stipe. Gane fight was too fast and in Jones' previous 2 fights before that he did not look very good.

since the Reyes fight almost 4 years ago Jones has only spent 2 minutes in the cage. I have to go with Aspinall if it ever did happen. Jones would be 37 or 38 at the time and I think Aspinall has the tools to even present problems for a younger Jon Jones.

Why am I not included in this list? I already bought you a Christmas present from bed, bath and beyond. Should I just return it?
***Added :)
V2 is going to take a while to get used to. I still like vBulletin the most.

Top experience vs young talent would be a very interesting fight. I would give Jones an advantage today because he has a lot of tools and knows how to use the distance. His chin is also great. But Aspinal got speed and power and anything can happen in MMA.

Props to the sherdog staff for the upgrade. It will take some getting used to but I'm sure it's not easy task updating what I'm sure is very ancient monolithic databases lol
1700311322371.png

The line will change if Tom fights Gane.

You guys are forgetting usada is gone this coming year. Jones is going to revert to Uber Jones with a test level that would make vitor Belfort blush

Back