Media Tom Aspinall training with GLORY heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
Tom Aspinall and Rico Verhoeven have been training from time to time for years now.
However, this time around (a few weeks ago) Tom was training in the Netherlands at Superpro Sportcenter (where Rico trains) for an extended period, and just a few days after he got back home in the UK he got the call from UFC to fight Sergei Pavlovich for the interim heavyweight-title.

Rico Verhoeven’s camp is known for their strength-and conditioning and reflexes training, so I expect that Tom Aspinall left my country in the best possible shape right before he got the big call from UFC!
Let’s hope both Aspinall and Pavlovich show up as their best version for the short preparation time they’ve had:D

View attachment 1009769

View attachment 1009770
View attachment 1009771

I also made a post about this collab for MainEventNL!
Swipe for some training footage:)

(PS: Dutch Sherbro’s, I know I made a lil’ spelling mistake, “een” should be “aan” ofcourse, just a rare @BoxerMaurits L;))

Btw, the comment section indicates that Tom and Rico did some hard sparring-rounds, so that begs the question:
Who would win if they were to fight?

View attachment 1009772

A few months ago I had a conversation with Dennis Krauweel (Rico Verhoeven’s head-coach) at a combat sports event in NL.
I also asked him about Tom Aspinall, and Krauweel told me he could tell from his training that Tom is an extremely talented striker!

War Aspinall:cool:

upload_2023-3-27_3-45-59-jpeg.975994

You can tell they are fighters, they stand there, pose & freakin' point...

454632944f27a7852409292fd61cbc32.gif

Pretty sure most people in South America are happier than all of them.

I met a lot of europeans here and they love how laid back we are. But I was also told that Netherlands is awesome.
Most people in middle europe are miserable. Netherlands are more laid back tho than germans or poles.

How have 12 people voted for a kickboxer to somehow stop aspinall's grappling? This place scares me sometimes

Awesome post sir, you're a fuckin monster out here.
In MMA I think Tom wins, but in kickboxing I think Rico takes it to be honest.

I told you when you told me about Cookie and Rico that I thought Cookie was win, and I'm still stand by my position.

I think Cookie's style will present Rico with some problems.
He's a big man, that is fast and hits hard.
Rico will have to dig deep if he's going to win this, I just don't think he can do it this time.

Always liked Rico but this dude might be too much.
We’ll see what happens sir, so many questions to be answered this Saturday, I can’t wait.
I really like both guys though, but I met Cookie a couple of times IRL and he’s such a cool dude, like, really humble and just a normal guy lol.
All the best to him

Yeah the dude who’s been the kickboxing Super HW champ for 10 years is obviously a bum.

you fucking moron.

Did you actually watch his fights or just read wiki casual noob? He gets dropped every fight and was losing and nearly got KOd to the corpse of Badr Hari. Lost to old Semy Schilt and got KOd by fat JBS in his prime lol. Triggered casual brit fan detected. And he's not the super HW champ casual that's a fat weight class for overweight fatasses like you. You don't know anything about kickboxing. Fuckin idiot casual Khamzat dork. Go watch guys dry hump each other

Last edited:
Tom Aspinall and Rico Verhoeven have been training from time to time for years now.
However, this time around (a few weeks ago) Tom was training in the Netherlands at Superpro Sportcenter (where Rico trains) for an extended period, and just a few days after he got back home in the UK he got the call from UFC to fight Sergei Pavlovich for the interim heavyweight-title.

Rico Verhoeven’s camp is known for their strength-and conditioning and reflexes training, so I expect that Tom Aspinall left my country in the best possible shape right before he got the big call from UFC!
Let’s hope both Aspinall and Pavlovich show up as their best version for the short preparation time they’ve had:D

View attachment 1009769

View attachment 1009770
View attachment 1009771

(PS: Dutch Sherbro’s, I know I made a lil’ spelling mistake, “een” should be “aan” ofcourse, just a rare @BoxerMaurits L;))

Btw, the comment section indicates that Tom and Rico did some hard sparring-rounds, so that begs the question:

View attachment 1009772

A few months ago I had a conversation with Dennis Krauweel (Rico Verhoeven’s head-coach) at a combat sports event in NL.
I also asked him about Tom Aspinall, and Krauweel told me he could tell from his training that Tom is an extremely talented striker!

War Aspinall!!!

We’ll see what happens sir, so many questions to be answered this Saturday, I can’t wait.
I really like both guys though, but I met Cookie a couple of times IRL and he’s such a cool dude, like, really humble and just a normal guy lol.
All the best to him

Yup, time will tell this story little brother.
May they both give their best performances on the night.

Last edited:

View attachment 1009769

View attachment 1009770
View attachment 1009771

View attachment 1009772

Nice

View attachment 1009769

View attachment 1009770
View attachment 1009771

View attachment 1009772

Rico if they fight KB..

Asp if its in MMA...

View attachment 1009769

View attachment 1009770
View attachment 1009771

View attachment 1009772

@BoxerMaurits you’re becoming our John Morgan lol

Back