News Tom Aspinall still open to fight Alex Pereira at UFC 300, but ‘I’ve heard nothing so far’

Shavkat vs Leon co-main & Alex vs Tom Main event would satiate my thirst

Says he wants to fight but almost always makes it seem like fighting Gane is anathema to him.
Come on, Tommy.

that means its confirmed, a done deal.

There isn't one really.

I suppose it keeps Tom busy while somebody at HW establishes themself as being the next contender for the interim belt since nobody right now deserves it.

Probably the Alemida/Blaydes winner.

Gane still needs another win, Pavlovich just lost to Aspinall in a minute, Tuivasa and Lewis can't win a fight these days.

Volkov actually probably has the most impressive win streak of any of the contenders right now but he was murked by Aspinall really bad and I'm not sure there's much appetite for a rematch..

Aspinall is in a tough spot, he wants to fight, but the guys he's earned the right to face won't fight him, and nobody else really deserves to fight him right now.
So it would be a non-title fight or an exhibition? I still don't get it. If none of those other guys deserve to fight for the interim-interim HW title, why does AP?

So it would be a non-title fight or an exhibition? I still don't get it. If none of those other guys deserve to fight for the interim-interim HW title, why does AP?
He doesn't either, but he's already a champion and the precedent has been set that if you have one belt it almost always "qualifies" you to fight for another. If the UFC like you enough, anyway.

It's BS but it probably would be for Tom's interim belt.

Sounds like it’s gonna be another fight announcement before either have actually signed bout agreements.

Back