Serious discussion: If you think Conor plausibly beats Floyd, explain how

lol you're kidding right? 49 boxers couldn't knock him out, an amateur is not going to touch him with anything of consequence.

HE's technically bigger and younger

also i can see his deceptively long arms playing a factor. like in Weidman vs Silva

Conor has 1 punch KO power, can't count out a guy like that.

ufc-official-fight-gloves-mma-gloves.jpg

Go all in throwing everything he has for 1-3 rounds, fight as rough as fuck. Go in knowing you will not even try and go to the late rounds, he can simply feign an injury once he starts gassing and knows it is a lost cause. Foul him as many times as possible to gain any kind of mental or physical advantage. (Again knowing points wont matter.) Prob wont work of course but the only chance he has of winning. Combined with Floyds long lay off and his age (some fighters seem to suddenly age overnight we have all seen it) you never know. I think he has about a 5% chance of winning. Or Floyd becomes so cocky during the fight and makes a sily mistake leaving his chin wide open.

Here is a question - what happens if Floyd knocks out Conor inside a minute? Maybe not trying to (I think assuming he can he wouldn't want to as wants to put on a decent show) but accidentally catches Conor flush. Does someone get sued?? Questions will be raised about the fight being sanctioned etc - could someone end up losing money here or having their purse withheld??

His only shot is to clip him with something big and KO him.

He's not outboxing Money, even if he trains another half dozen years in boxing.
except other, better (and by better I mean actual world class boxers), have tried and could not but someone conor is going to do it?

Also if these couldn't hurt Floyd :
Pacquiao
Canelo
De La Hoya
Hatton
Maidana
Mosley
Cotto
Marquez
Arturo Gatti

Only a fix or a very, very very bad night for Floyd could let Conor get out of that ring with his consciousness. knock him out ? forget it

It's such a fucking joke that anybody thinks that this fight is going to be anything but a 1 sided shit show.

keep in min the chasing mayweather around the ring factor as he runs for his life.

I'll make the same challenge to you I make to all the uneducated nitwits who don't know the difference between lateral movement and piviots and running.

In his 49 fight career can you provide me with one GIF of Floyd turning his back on an opponent and "resetting" ala Conor or Overeem?

Nobodys been able to do it yet, who knows, maybe you can be the first.

Best of luck.

Given the amazing events of the past several months (eg Trump win, Cubs win, Patriots comeback, etc) related to sports and life generally,I would no longer be shocked if McGregor beat Floyd Maywethetr in a boxing match.

Having said that, I have no idea how he would win that fight or his best chance at doing so. Anyone else have thoughts?
by punching him in the face

duhh

You came to the wrong place for serious discussion.

Conor has great accuracy, range, timing and confidence. Obviously Floyds boxing timing is impeccable by comparison with all the same stuff. That's one of the weird things that could work in Conor's favour. Floyd is used to boxing rythm. It's second nature to him. Sometimes the subtle differences make a big difference.

Floyd expects that his mastery of one style is superior to Conor's partial training in boxing. Arrogance has been the downfall of many people.

Age. Mayweather is no spring chicken and Conor is in his prime

Nerves. Conor loses, he was supposed to. Floyd loses, he's embarrassed the sport of boxing. Conor goes in with not a care in world, while Mayweather has an entire sport to carry.

Then, plain old circumstances. Sometimes the ducks line up for the under dog and epic moments are made.

*edit* Floyd is the clear favourite. I won't dispute that. I'm just throwing out points on how Conor could pull it off.

Have you seen floyd box?

Given the amazing events of the past several months (eg Trump win, Cubs win, Patriots comeback, etc) related to sports and life generally,I would no longer be shocked if McGregor beat Floyd Maywethetr in a boxing match.

Having said that, I have no idea how he would win that fight or his best chance at doing so. Anyone else have thoughts?
Gets lucky with a left hand, much like Pacquiao in his fight with Mayweather, except he actually KOs him instead of rocking him.

Back