Serious discussion: If you think Conor plausibly beats Floyd, explain how

I agree. They are harder to come by in boxing. I understand that and the fact that Conor is a massive under dog. I literally just stated things that could work in Conor's favour if they do. That's not my prediction. It's just a response to the question "How".

There's always a chance. Always. I also don't really care enough to sift through Floyds career. There is bare minimum one fight he is saved in (twice I believe) and other boxers have called out the fact that he is protected.

Lol yeah, you haven't seen floyd box

I'll make the same challenge to you I make to all the uneducated nitwits who don't know the difference between lateral movement and piviots and running.

In his 49 fight career can you provide me with one GIF of Floyd turning his back on an opponent and "resetting" ala Conor or Overeem?

Nobodys been able to do it yet, who knows, maybe you can be the first.

Best of luck.
maybe i worded it wrong after you take mayweathes cock out of your mouth mcgregor will gas from all the moving around the ring that will have to be done fighting mayweather because mcgregor will be lucky to be able to exchange with him let alone actually putting up a legit fight. and me saying "running" around the ring wasnt meant to throw shade, ali ran all around the ring and tired his opponents sorry i didnt say lateral movement but dont project you insecurities on me. running doesnt mean you have to turn your back one someone, machida runs all around the fucking ring and doesnt turn his back. do some more research on what it looks like to run backwards and see what u come up with. good luck

Last edited:
Get in his head.
Taunt him like crazy. Cross the line. Dump him on his head when clinched. Feint kicks. Get him emotional. And maybe after all that he might slip up once and get KO'd.

conor won't hit floyd once with those huge gloves on. that's not some weird anti-fanboy stuff either. look at their physiques. the best boxers in the world can't touch floyd. you think an mma fighter is going to beat him? floyd's just going to take him to a decision. he's only taking the fight cause it is an easy fight for him. conor's taking it cause it is a retirement payday

Get in his head.
Taunt him like crazy. Cross the line. Dump him on his head when clinched. Feint kicks. Get him emotional. And maybe after all that he might slip up once and get KO'd.

no one's ever tried to taunt floyd before... he's like the most hated athlete in america... i'm sure he won't get dustin poiried by conor's mind games

no one's ever tried to taunt floyd before... he's like the most hated athlete in america... i'm sure he won't get dustin poiried by conor's mind games

Yep. No one's ever tried to taunt Floyd. But atleast its different. Floyd has an ego. If he's getting embarassed in the ring by non-boxing antics like judo throws and other shit, he might try to hunt for the knock out and slip up. Who knows.

Age and determination... we are just animals after all don't forget.

Young lion vs Old lion

only if they used MMA gloves, which floyd would never OK. And even then conor would still be a super long shot.

I think it's disrespectful to boxing fans and boxers to let someone like Conor get a shot against Floyd. But if the people are dumb enough to pay for that fight who am I to judge.

Height, weight, reach and power!

.........but I don't think he beats him

maybe i worded it wrong after you take mayweathes cock out of your mouth mcgregor will gas from all the moving around the ring that will have to be done fighting mayweather because mcgregor will be lucky to be able to exchange with him let alone actually putting up a legit fight. and me saying "running" around the ring wasnt meant to throw shade, ali ran all around the ring and tired his opponents sorry i didnt say lateral movement but dont project you insecurities on me. running doesnt mean you have to turn your back one someone, machida runs all around the fucking ring and doesnt turn his back. do some more research on what it looks like to run backwards and see what u come up with. good luck

Lol, well aren't we a sensitive one. It's cute that you called me insecure. It was just a simple challenge.

Lateral means side to side by the way. I would love to see some footage of either Ali or Mayweather running straight backwards from your extensive catalog of reaserch though.

Given the amazing events of the past several months (eg Trump win, Cubs win, Patriots comeback, etc) related to sports and life generally,I would no longer be shocked if McGregor beat Floyd Maywethetr in a boxing match.

Having said that, I have no idea how he would win that fight or his best chance at doing so. Anyone else have thoughts?
Landing after the buzzer and calling it "being in the moment" or landing a cheap shot and hiding behind "Protect yourself at all times"

Lol, well aren't we a sensitive one. It's cute that you called me insecure. It was just a simple challenge.

Lateral means side to side by the way. I would love to see some footage of either Ali or Mayweather running straight backwards from your extensive catalog of reaserch though.
oh there plenty if u wqtch boxing. just google it. and ur right i shouldnt have called u insecure.

There's multiple ways Conor can win this fight.

- First, his coach can produce an earthquake like they did in Ocean's Eleven and make Floyd trip into a left uppercut.

- He could also take the assassin approach and poison his gatorade.

- He could seduce whatever bitch Floyd is fucking and make old ass Floyd have a stroke and win by default in round 2, when he accurately describes the disgusting tatoo on said girls vagina.

- He could also throw off Floyd by yelling book quotes. We all know Floyd can't read for shit, so he'd probably be very confused at this mess of words that don't make sense thrown at him and will inevitably eat a straight left.

oh there plenty if u wqtch boxing. just google it. and ur right i shouldnt have called u insecure.

No harm done.

I've watched Boxing for almost 30 years though and honestly can't think of many examples of guys running backwards in a straight line but maybe we have a different interprtation of running so I see no reason for this argument to continue. Cheers.

You really think so? I think Conor is more of a winner than that. If he didn't think he could do it, I don't think he would.

Ehh.... I want to believe that as well... but I also feel like that it's possible to hold principles up to a certain price point. It all goes back to the discussion of how much you'd need to be paid to blow another guy (provided you're hetero guy). Most guys won't do it for $5 (in our example UFC money) but for $50,000? People have student loans, mortgages and shit, I'm sure many fighters would be all over that knob (privacy issues notwithstanding)

Ehh.... I want to believe that as well... but I also feel like that it's possible to hold principles up to a certain price point. It all goes back to the discussion of how much you'd need to be paid to blow another guy (provided you're hetero guy). Most guys won't do it for $5 (in our example UFC money) but for $50,000? People have student loans, mortgages and shit, I'm sure many fighters would be all over that knob (privacy issues notwithstanding)

Wow...that took a really weird turn.

Back