Social How serious are you?

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Y'all!

This thread is specifically directed towards your intentions, persona, and attitudes while interacting on Sherdog.

A significant percentage of posters on Sherdog are pretty serious about MMA and combat sports. They hardly if ever troll, get seriously incensed over certain issues and controversies, and often exhibit an amazing degree of knowledge of techniques, personalities, and history.

I'm more or less disregarding the War Room, but apart from that a few sub-forums seem more serious-minded than others. Boxing, Betting, the several Techniques Forums are examples. Even the Worldwide MMA Forum seems on average to be more serious than the UFC Forum.

Overall, my subjective impression is that the Fight subdivision of forums.sherdog.com is comprised of about 60% serious posts and conversations with the remainder being trolling, flaming (different than trolling?), disinforming, joking, having relaxed conversations with online friends, spreading random rumors, and just generally goofing around.

Regarding myself, I'm not super-serious about the UFC, MMA, or other combat sports. But I try never to act like a jerk. And when I tell a joke, I try to keep it aligned with Sherdog Tradition.

Summing it up, I'd say I'm somewhat serious in about 40% of my posts.
How about you?

Merry Christmas Y'all!

This thread is specifically directed towards your intentions, persona, and attitudes while interacting on Sherdog.

A significant percentage of posters on Sherdog are pretty serious about MMA and combat sports. They hardly if ever troll, get seriously incensed over certain issues and controversies, and often exhibit an amazing degree of knowledge of techniques, personalities, and history.

I'm more or less disregarding the War Room, but apart from that a few sub-forums seem more serious-minded than others. Boxing, Betting, the several Techniques Forums are examples. Even the Worldwide MMA Forum seems on average to be more serious than the UFC Forum.

Overall, my subjective impression is that the Fight subdivision of forums.sherdog.com is comprised of about 60% serious posts and conversations with the remainder being trolling, flaming (different than trolling?), disinforming, joking, having relaxed conversations with online friends, spreading random rumors, and just generally goofing around.

Regarding myself, I'm not super-serious about the UFC, MMA, or other combat sports. But I try never to act like a jerk. And when I tell a joke, I try to keep it aligned with Sherdog Tradition.

Summing it up, I'd say I'm somewhat serious in about 40% of my posts.
How about you?
giphy.webp

I say 20% of the time. This is why Gayberry >>> Shertard War Room

I'm probably 60/40 serious/joking on here.

I really enjoy learning from other sherdoggers and sharing my own experiences with any who might benefit from it. That's the serious part.

But then other times I just fuck around for laughs.

I'm probably 60/40 serious/joking on here.

I really enjoy learning from other sherdoggers and sharing my own experiences with any who might benefit from it. That's the serious part.

But then other times I just fuck around for laughs.
I see you go back a ways. I considered suggesting that the OG Sherdoggers tended to be more serious. Do you think that is true?

I see you go back a ways. I considered suggesting that the OG Sherdoggers tended to be more serious. Do you think that is true?
Yeah I used to be like 90% joking, but as I've gotten older I seem to have gotten more serious.

I think I've just realized that sometimes the "easy" joke isn't really that funny. And often the serious discussion interests me more. Maybe it's age or maturity, or my personality changed. Who knows.

I used to be nearly entirely serious when I was training MMA multiple times a week and entertaining going pro... now I still love me some MMA but these days I am pretty laid back and just like to screw around on sherdog for the entertainment.

It depends. Some topics are serious and some topics are goofy.

Back