Crime Seal Team Six Operators Charged with Murder of Green Beret

My question is who was the sixth man on the team? In all likelihood SF, but what was he doing while this shitshow was taking place?

I wonder how much of the case will be public knowledge... Wouldn't surprise me if much of the context was classified due to some of the operations all were involved in.

I wonder how much of the case will be public knowledge... Wouldn't surprise me if much of the context was classified due to some of the operations all were involved in.

Good point. I was surprised at how little was leaked during the year long investigation.

Yeah. They have a lot more stains on their records than people like to admit.

You mean ST6/DEVGRU or SEALs in general? Seems to me that in general, they have a very misconduct tolerant culture. (Maybe that's a Navy thing, IDK.) That kind of thing never comes back to bite you in the ass, amiright?

How plausible do you think the story about this being a cover-up for SEALs skimming funds? Wouldn't be the first time ST6 was accused of having a hand in missing money. Wasn't there a large sum that went missing during the rescue of Captain Philips?

If that were the case, wouldn't there be more charges? The charge sheet reads as if this were a hazing gone wrong, not a cover-up for financial misconduct.

I think their service should spare them of the death penalty, but LWOP would be fine by me.
their service should have been enough to teach them not to kill their own. What they did in the past does not matter. They killed this man in cold blood. They deserve the death penalty.

What they did in the past does not matter.

I disagree. Risking your life for your country should count for something, even if you fuck up badly, and disgrace yourself later down the road.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't protest if they were to get the death penalty. I'm just not against throwing them the smallest of bones for their service, and locking them up for life instead. They should still pay a very severe price.

Hard to imagine guys willing to murder strangers on command for a paycheck could be so bloodthirsty.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Killing the inhabitants of impoverished nations on the other side of the world isn't what's keeping you "safe" here in the US. Anyone who truly believes otherwise is the victim of a very successful and well-funded propaganda campaign.

Killing the inhabitants of impoverished nations on the other side of the world isn't what's keeping you "safe" here in the US. Anyone who truly believes otherwise is the victim of a very successful and well-funded propaganda campaign.

Guns and enforced borders help.

I disagree. Risking your life for your country should count for something, even if you fuck up badly, and disgrace yourself later down the road.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't protest if they were to get the death penalty. I'm just not against throwing them the smallest of bones for their service, and locking them up for life instead. They should still pay a very severe price.

Honestly I'd rather just be put to death than serve life in prison.

Honestly I'd rather just be put to death than serve life in prison.

I think I would too, but I also think it's one of those things that you just don't know until you're put in that position.

I mean, I don't think there are too many on death row not fighting to get their sentence converted to life. It's easy to say you'd rather die, but you don't really know until you're actually staring down death and the finality of it all hits you.

but I also think it's one of those things that you just don't know until you're put in that position.

This is true you don't really know until your in that situation.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I sleep peacefully in my bed because of the luxury of running water, food in the cupboards, electricity, garbage men and 1st world healthcare.

I sleep peacefully in my bed because of the luxury of running water, food in the cupboards, electricity, garbage men and 1st world healthcare.

Amenities protected by the threat of retaliatory force, should anybody ever try to come and take them unjustly.

Im pretty sure its an ocean and nukes.

Sure, those help as well.

Amenities protected by the threat of retaliatory force, should anybody ever try to come and take them unjustly.

While that is true, it is my feeling that military protection is over stated and the day to day operations of garbage men, healthcare workers etc is understated and much taken for granted.

Yeah. They have a lot more stains on their records than people like to admit.
My dad was regular Navy when the SEALs were first kind of becoming a thing from the UDT setup in Vietnam....

He always said he'd rather work with Rangers or Marines than them.

"So far up their own ass most of the time their Adam's Apple was also their nose"

My dad was regular Navy when the SEALs were first kind of becoming a thing from the UDT setup in Vietnam....

He always said he'd rather work with Rangers or Marines than them.

"So far up their own ass most of the time their Adam's Apple was also their nose"
When we were closing our base the fucking SEALS left a shit load of det cord and C4 behind in their area. An area that was getting ready to be turned over to the ANA, luckily one of my Intel dudes found it while getting talked for guard duty on the contractors.

It just seems SEAL culture is so heavy on doing whatever the fuck they want. The idea that they know best on everything and taking stupid fucking risks just to prove they are badass.

When we were closing our base the fucking SEALS left a shit load of det cord and C4 behind in their area. An area that was getting ready to be turned over to the ANA, luckily one of my Intel dudes found it while getting talked for guard duty on the contractors.

It just seems SEAL culture is so heavy on doing whatever the fuck they want. The idea that they know best on everything and taking stupid fucking risks just to prove they are badass.
I meet a guy that was Recon Battalion not Force Recon at college who had been medically discharged (lost the lower part of his right leg in an IED explosion and still served with a prosthetic for another 6 months once he got back but the arthritis in his knee forced him out) that basically said this:
"I've worked with Rangers, Delta, PJs, FORCE Recon, Green Berets, SAS, JTF2 for training and those crazy Japanese and Korean guys and when you work with them.. you realize why Operation Red Wings would only happen to SEALs"

Back