Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

MMA is all about how good you are during your prime and how good your opponents were, and if you defeated them in their prime. During Fedor's prime, he defeated the best HW's that were around.

Wrong.

Never beat Couture, Barnette, or Sergei.

Never ever beat a wrestler who could grapple in his entire career.

In 7 years after winning the belt he beat Nog once, Cro Crop, and AA. That is it, Sylvia was past his prime when they fought.

But even if you consider Tim its only 4 fights in 7 years worth talking about. On his 5th legite HW he fought he got submitted at age 33.

On the 6th he got pummeled so bad they had to stop the fight in Big Foot Silva.

Then he tried to go ultimatr can crusher mode and fight another MW but this time he gets KO'd.

Fedor was the GOAT HW, no other HW has been able to dominate an era except Fedor. But in terms of P4P GOAT i dont see what hes accomplished that sets him apart.

GSP is easily the GOAT winning the MW title at age 36

Wrong.

In 7 years after winning the belt he beat Nog once, Cro Crop, and AA. That is it, Sylvia was past his prime when they fought.

But even if you consider Tim its only 4 fights in 7 years worth talking about. On his 5th legite HW he fought he got submitted at age 33.

Then he tried to go ultimatr can crusher mode and fight another MW but this time he gets KO'd.

Fedor was the GOAT HW, no other HW has been able to dominate an era except Fedor. But in terms of P4P GOAT i dont see what hes accomplished that sets him apart.

GSP is goat ww for sure.also i hate that term goat..it gets thrown around all the time.like someone else said here,u can speculate who the goat is for each division not overall.Because then we get into this idiotic arguments where mighty midget is better then jon jones ,fedor, silva,gsp etc.as skilled as mighty mouse is hes a fucking midget and no amount of ufc propaganda and nonsense will change that

i know am being a kunt the way i talk about MM but its true

Not a chance, mightymouse is by far the least impressive. He is in the GOAT conversation despite bearly being a top 20 all time p4p.

Fedor on the other hand was the most impressive for me, although I don't rank him 1st how are you not impressed by a decade long run at heavyweight when the UFC belt being defended twice is a massive achievement!

Losses after a prime mean nothing. Nearly every fighter finishes by losing to fighters he would have blown away in his prime. Fedor went downhill fast but it doesn't make him less impressive because he has already achieved so much.

Shit thread is shit. Fedor is the GOAT and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Honestly the only reason's he's top 2 is because Jones and Silva have both proven themselves to be chronic PED users otherwise he'd be 4th or 5th (I might put Aldo ahead of Fedor at #2)

Eitherway GSP is still GOAT. He was before he won the MW title. Fedor's best win is Nog and Cro Cop and we all saw how Cro Cop fared in the UFC

Not a chance, mightymouse is by far the least impressive. He is in the GOAT conversation despite bearly being a top 20 all time p4p.

Fedor on the other hand was the most impressive for me, although I don't rank him 1st how are you not impressed by a decade long run at heavyweight when the UFC belt being defended twice is a massive achievement!

Losses after a prime mean nothing. Nearly every fighter finishes by losing to fighters he would have blown away in his prime. Fedor went downhill fast but it doesn't make him less impressive because he has already achieved so much.

You say they would have blown away these fighters in their prime but that's just hyperbole. You simply don't know. Pat Milletich is a more accomplished fighter than Robert Whittaker, but if you put them against each other today, Whittaker would destroy Pat. MMA evolves at a fast pace. That's why Fedor has been losing

You say they would have blown away these fighters in their prime but that's just hyperbole. You simply don't know. Pat Milletich is a more accomplished fighter than Robert Whittaker, but if you put them against each other today, Whittaker would destroy Pat. MMA evolves at a fast pace. That's why Fedor has been losing

Yep I agree Fedor is losing because rather than evolve he has just declined. Training with your mates in a playground was probably fine 15 years ago but he needed to improve and find a new camp a long time ago to stay relevant as he got older. His career being over at a relatively young age is what cost him his p4p ranking.

Saying that the game has hardly changed at heavyweight, you watch a prime Crocop in k1 and tell me he wouldn't beat Miocic or JDS standing?

Wrong.

GSP beating Bisping for me is like Fedor beating Randleman, win over a gate keeper coming off of a big upset against a highly ranked opponent.

GSP losing to Matt Serra also shows you that matches against guys not at the very top do carry a danger to them, even moreso at HW. Someone like Goodridge for example I view as a similar kind of opponent to that.

Sylvia wasn't past his prime, he'd just given Nog a big test a few months before, its only post Fedor sitting on his big payday for a year that he got badly out of shape.

Your forgetting Hunt as well much closer to his prime than the version who's been relevant in the UFC in recent years.

One thing (among many) to consider is that out of all potential GOAT, everyone except him fought opponents that weighed what they weigh. He fought and beat guys who were much bigger. That heavyweight range can leave some major size/weight disadvantages

It's one thing to move up or down, it's another to be outweighed by a larger HW

and we all saw how Cro Cop fared in the UFC

And we also saw how Cro Cop fared vs american UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, World Valetudo champions Barnett, Coleman, Randleman, Herring, Waterman, King Mo in Japanese boxing ring.

i know am being a kunt the way i talk about MM but its true

No its not, you just have no experience competing, smaller athletes are more athletic, and the lower the weight class you go the tougher it is in reality, just not from an entertainment stand point.

The idea that becsuse hes small means he cannot fight is ridiculous, but ifnyou follow the sport for purr entertainment then i can see why you come to this conclusion.

It also makes sense why anybody woukd have Fedor on there GOAT list becausr he was super entertaining.

But for people who have trained and look at this more as a sport than a spectacle, MM is arguably the GOAT, and i had him surpass GSP until GSP just won the MW title.

I dunno if you are willing to hear, but......... Fedor was done even before the Rogers fight. He has been in 100's of full contact sambo fights aside from his MMA career. Same with crocop. He was in a ton of boxing and kick boxing matches aside from his mma career. Your body can only handle so much before it breaks down. Compare GSP to these two. GSP has obvious wear and tear, but has literally been in a 100 less full contact fights. That being said, Fedor went 10 years and 30 fights undefeated at heavyweight. His resume is better than you stated, but also there were many "cans" in there.

The part that you need to really understand, is that it is pretty fucking hard to go ten years undefeated, but a LOT harder at heavyweight. Now add in that he faced ex UFC heavyweight champs 8 times in that run. I have him at number one. And I am a Canadian GSP nuthuger.
SkeletalJampackedFossa.gif

Also after that lost only to Nog before Fedor beat him first time.

Which does kind of show you the difference as well, people look to base achievement on rankings but that's not a system Pride opperated to a lot of the time. Fedor fought Hunt after the latter lost to Barnett for example, rankings wise he was lower down but was he less of a test? not really.

Lots of "highly ranked" UFC wins were really just mid level guys who hit short term form.

GSP beating Bisping for me is like Fedor beating Randleman, win over a gate keeper coming off of a big upset against a highly ranked opponent.

GSP losing to Matt Serra also shows you that matches against guys not at the very top do carry a danger to them, even moreso at HW. Someone like Goodridge for example I view as a similar kind of opponent to that.

Sylvia wasn't past his prime, he'd just given Nog a big test a few months before, its only post Fedor sitting on his big payday for a year that he got badly out of shape.

Your forgetting Hunt as well much closer to his prime than the version who's been relevant in the UFC in recent years.

Hunt went on a 5 loss losing streak following his defeat against Fedor. He was green in mma when he faced Fedor and was no where close to his prime in MMA, he was still a cross over K1 striker with limited training on the ground.

You do realize the only reason why Serra was given the title shot is because of TuF??

The Majority of Fedors title defenses were against fighters with 1 fight win streaks. Explain how a champion fights guys with 1 fight win streaks.

You cannot be serious in trying to justify how Goodridge was a worth Title defense over Barnette.

Or Khosaka.

Or Fujita

Or Coleman x2

Or Randleman

Or Nagata

Or Zulu

Fedor very very rarely fought the best.

Fedor is the John Sullivan of MMA. Sullivan enjoyed his hay day before they switched from bare knuckle to glove fighting, like Fedor enjoyed the ring before the cage became the norm. It is difficult to compare Sullivan to the likes of Ali, but they both dominated the best of their day, even if Sullivan fought some cans. Igor also deserves a nod on the P4P list, seeing he was practically a MW like Fedor that fought and beat much larger men, also had an incredible streak.

Back