Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

JDS has the best Heavyweight resume ever, easily.
Beat Werdum, Cain, Mir, Carwin, Rothwell, Stipe, Hunt, Nelson, Cro Cop.
SkeletalJampackedFossa.gif

As opposed to what? 13 fights in the ufc in two stints. Or 4 strike force matches or 5 pride matches.

I'd say the org where you have by far the most fights is your primary org.

Werdum at the time of the Fedor fight, had 4 UFC fights. If anything, he was a Pride fighter (he had 6 there)

You are right it was 6, forgot about his loss to Kharitonov.

Still 14 of his 29 fights have been in the UFC and he has had two stints there. And as for pride, other than submitting Overeem, his other wins were against cans.

Anyone who gets busted 2 or 3 times for peds like AS and Jones is pretty much out of any present and future goat discussion in the specialized media.

Last edited:
Fedor in his prime is the most impressive fighting machine ever. The goat of mixfight.

Fedor fought the best in the world for his time

It's easy to overlook it if you think of his opponents in the modern era

BUT...

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Fedor
4. Silva
5. Aldo

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S
I dunno if you are willing to hear, but......... Fedor was done even before the Rogers fight. He has been in 100's of full contact sambo fights aside from his MMA career. Same with crocop. He was in a ton of boxing and kick boxing matches aside from his mma career. Your body can only handle so much before it breaks down. Compare GSP to these two. GSP has obvious wear and tear, but has literally been in a 100 less full contact fights. That being said, Fedor went 10 years and 30 fights undefeated at heavyweight. His resume is better than you stated, but also there were many "cans" in there.

The part that you need to really understand, is that it is pretty fucking hard to go ten years undefeated, but a LOT harder at heavyweight. Now add in that he faced ex UFC heavyweight champs 8 times in that run. I have him at number one. And I am a Canadian GSP nuthuger.

Fedor had a GOAT aura of him in his time, he's the best HW. There are always questions of his legitimacy when the bulk of his accomplishments with modern HWs were in pride. When he took on big names afterwards they were either washed up or broken. He is a legend for sure and it was unforgettable personally being able to watch him live. But his technique and skill isn't what I would expect from a GOAT. He had speed and power he was able to use to his advantage. The skills he showed weren't from another world like Silva, he just had heart and drive. He could have sealed his legacy by giving the UFC 3 years of his fighting career. It is a big time hit by skipping past that for management issues.

As opposed to what? 13 fights in the ufc in two stints. Or 4 strike force matches or 5 pride matches.

I'd say the org where you have by far the most fights is your primary org.

At the time they fought he had 6 pride fights, 2 SF and 4 ufc fights. That's just if we follow your logic.

so did Penn but thats becuase MMA was primitive at the time. Fedor fought in a primitive era as well

... yeah, cause HW MMA has evolved so much.

It's so evolved right now that a guy with 4 years total training is ranked #4 and he got there off a win over Andre Arlovski who had lost 3 in a row going into the fight and was still ranked #8.

HW is absolute garbage now compared to the way it was. Jack Swagger will probably be UFC champion in a year.

Last edited:
... yeah, cause HW MMA has evolved so much.

It's so evolved right now that a guy with 4 years total training is ranked #4 and he got there of a win over Andre Arlovski who had lost 3 in a row going into the fight and was still ranked #8.

HW is absolute garbage now compared to the way it was. Jack Swagger will probably be UFC champion in a year.
If the HW division is so shit and has no got better like you say a guy like Fedor, by far the best HW of the last decade, could come in a do well even at 40 years old, but that's not happening, nope.

Crocop lost to Gonzaga? Clearly past his prime.
Fedor lost to Bigfoot? Clearly past his prime.
Pride fighters for some weird reason they don't decline slowly, but they became full cans in their early 30 overnight and a win over them doesn't matter anymore, their legacy is forever.
Or maybe the competition got better and and the bar is being raised consistently, like in every other division.

If the HW division is so shit and has no got better like you say a guy like Fedor, by far the best HW of the last decade, could come in a do well even at 40 years old, but that's not happening, nope.

Crocop lo
st to Gonzaga? Clearly past his prime.
Fedor lost to Bigfoot? Clearly past his prime.
Pride fighters for some weird reason they don't decline slowly, but they became full cans in their early 30 overnight and a win over them doesn't matter anymore, their legacy is forever.
Or maybe the competition got better and and the bar is being raised consistently, like in every other division.

That's utterly stupid logic.

Yeah, Derrick Lewis and Mark Hunt are totally next-gen level fighters. Totally raising the bar with their well-rounded three-dimensional next-gen skillsets.

You can literally not have a top 10 win in 5 years and still be a top 10 HW in the UFC right now.

I do think Fedor has the mix of being small for his division, fighting the very best opponents and being undefeated for years.

The last especially gets ignored often but I think is actually very important, the difference between GSP losing to Hughes/Serra and Fedor beating Fujita/Randleman is significant. Rankings wise those might not be giant wins but as achievements they are, when lighting stuck he got out of a bad spot and finished inside of a round.

That's utterly stupid logic.

Yeah, Derrick Lewis and Mark Hunt are totally next-gen level fighters. Totally raising the bar with their well-rounded three-dimensional next-gen skillsets.

You can literally not have a top 10 win in 5 years and still be a top 10 HW in the UFC right now.
Then tell me why 43 years old Mark Hunt is being competitive and some other fighters of the past that were undoubtedly better than Hunt (Fedor) are not.
If the HW division is so shit that old Mark Hunt with CTE is top 5, the legendary mithycal Pride heroes Fedor, Crocop, Nogueira, Kharitonov could still wreck shop, but they are not.

I tell you why, Mark Hunt today is a lot better than 10 years ago, same with Werdum, Overeem and Rothwell.
The sport is getting better and if older fighter are not improving they are left behind, like your Pride heroes.

Maybe you missed this Overeem post

Overeem is a guy that has been in the game forever and is ever evolving and changing.
His team mate Siyar Bahadurzada had shit ground game, it was by far his weak link, he disappeared because injured but he returned in the UFC doing modified darce chokes and outgrappling guys, that's called evolving.

You Pride nuthuggers minds are still in 2007, for you Crocop is still the best striker, Nogueira still the best grappler ever and Fedor is invincible, your mind can't cope with the fact the sport has left them behind.

BVxfeHfjNan

Back