Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

ProfessorGanja

BURR
Banned
Reaction score
His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

giphy.gif

He hasn't tested positive, so he's still ranked #3 in my book.

JDS has the best Heavyweight resume ever, easily.
Beat Werdum, Cain, Mir, Carwin, Rothwell, Stipe, Hunt, Nelson, Cro Cop.

That's a lot of words for a troll. I would say that I didn't read them, but I actually did.

I don't see how anybody could convince you or why they would even bother. Any fighter in the GOAT discussion can typically be ripped to pieces by someone with an agenda.
Personally I think the GOAT is GSP but an argument can be made for several fighters.

I don't see how anybody could convince you or why they would even bother. Any fighter in the GOAT discussion can typically be ripped to pieces by someone with an agenda.
Personally I think the GOAT is GSP but an argument can be made for several fighters.
personally I agree now that i consider Jones out of the conversation

Fedor> GSP, JOMES, SILVA, MM, ANYONE

MMA is all about how good you are during your prime and how good your opponents were, and if you defeated them in their prime. During Fedor's prime, he defeated the best HW's that were around.

i suppose it's difficult to explain to fans who didn't witness it the raw intensity of the early years, and the absolute lock down he had on the HW division for a decade.

kinda like as soon as BJ came back to the UFC and lost to GSP 2 rounds to 1, it was hard to explain to TUF noobs what the BJ hype was all about, and what it was like watching this kid from 2001 and on.

in an ever evolving sport, it's complicated to do these things. it's exponentially more complicated to then try to quantify something like 'best ever' across these eras, when a lot of better fighters exist later in the sport's short history than before.

i'm not calling you a noob, TS. i'm not trying to hold my own longevity of a fan over your head either. i'm merely pointing out what is actually pretty obvious.

if you don't think dominating the HW division for a decade is very impressive - even if that division came prior to Cain Velasquez - then no one will ever be able to convince you otherwise. even though no one was able to do it - or anything even remotely close to doing it - before him (when fighters were theoretically less skilled) or after (when fighters were theoretically more skilled).

but although i won't be able to convince you, you should listen when i tell you, it was impressive. and while Sylia and Arlovski were trading the belt back for a few years in the 2nd best HW division of the time, Fedor dominated the best division...and then wrecked Sylvia & Arlovski. some of us thought the argument was over after that Arlovski bout. oh how we underestimated the power of denial.

in boxing, most historians stopped trying to compare fighters across eras. alas, sherdoggers are not historians.

Last edited:
His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S
You are probably too young to have even seen his GOAT era. Go watch Pride ya goof.

GSP got knocked out by a much smaller man (Serra) and he doesn't have Dan Henderson's right hand.

Anderson you can say didn't fight the best competition during his title run... MM and Aldo are the size of 8th graders, so calling them the best fighter of all time is a stretch.

Clearly Jon Jones or Fedor is the best of all time. If Bones' PEDs or Fedor's record deter you, then GSP is the logical choice.

One of the most impressive. Highlight reels are what stand the test of time. Fedor is going to get a lot of plays from future generation MMA fans. But not being in the UFC is going to hurt him a lot as well.

No but he fought in a different variation of MMA which makes it difficult comparing him to current fighters. He has never adapted to fighting in a cage well.

Back