Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ProfessorGanja, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ProfessorGanja BURR

ProfessorGanja
    His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

Eli1015, henag, RichardN7 and 15 others like this.
  2. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
  3. sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

sirmorbach
    He hasn't tested positive, so he's still ranked #3 in my book.

4. Notorious b.i.g balls Platinum Champ

Notorious b.i.g balls
    JDS has the best Heavyweight resume ever, easily.
    Beat Werdum, Cain, Mir, Carwin, Rothwell, Stipe, Hunt, Nelson, Cro Cop.

dmwalking, RichardN7, xDogá and 13 others like this.
  5. loisestrad Silver Belt

loisestrad
    That's a lot of words for a troll. I would say that I didn't read them, but I actually did.

6. tehMoose Purple Belt

tehMoose
    Ban this salty can

7. Enigma87 Brown Belt

Enigma87
    He is #1 you Zuffa shill.

8. ProfessorGanja BURR

ProfessorGanja
    Troll? Maybe, troll thread? Nah. Everything i said is pretty logical anyways lets be honest

9. Yari ななせまる

Yari
  10. FrankFixer Green Belt

FrankFixer
    I don't see how anybody could convince you or why they would even bother. Any fighter in the GOAT discussion can typically be ripped to pieces by someone with an agenda.
    Personally I think the GOAT is GSP but an argument can be made for several fighters.

11. VVarhead Bullet Belt

VVarhead
    Shit thread.

Rider1, yekmurat, Cold Front and 6 others like this.
  12. ProfessorGanja BURR

ProfessorGanja
    personally I agree now that i consider Jones out of the conversation

Noble Six and FrankFixer like this.
  13. JPM1223 FEDOR GOAT 15-0 Pride HW CHAMP

JPM1223
    Fedor> GSP, JOMES, SILVA, MM, ANYONE

14. beastman Red Belt

beastman
    MMA is all about how good you are during your prime and how good your opponents were, and if you defeated them in their prime. During Fedor's prime, he defeated the best HW's that were around.

15. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

SeattleFightFan
    i suppose it's difficult to explain to fans who didn't witness it the raw intensity of the early years, and the absolute lock down he had on the HW division for a decade.

kinda like as soon as BJ came back to the UFC and lost to GSP 2 rounds to 1, it was hard to explain to TUF noobs what the BJ hype was all about, and what it was like watching this kid from 2001 and on.

in an ever evolving sport, it's complicated to do these things. it's exponentially more complicated to then try to quantify something like 'best ever' across these eras, when a lot of better fighters exist later in the sport's short history than before.

i'm not calling you a noob, TS. i'm not trying to hold my own longevity of a fan over your head either. i'm merely pointing out what is actually pretty obvious.

if you don't think dominating the HW division for a decade is very impressive - even if that division came prior to Cain Velasquez - then no one will ever be able to convince you otherwise. even though no one was able to do it - or anything even remotely close to doing it - before him (when fighters were theoretically less skilled) or after (when fighters were theoretically more skilled).

but although i won't be able to convince you, you should listen when i tell you, it was impressive. and while Sylia and Arlovski were trading the belt back for a few years in the 2nd best HW division of the time, Fedor dominated the best division...and then wrecked Sylvia & Arlovski. some of us thought the argument was over after that Arlovski bout. oh how we underestimated the power of denial.

in boxing, most historians stopped trying to compare fighters across eras. alas, sherdoggers are not historians.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  16. Cygnus A Purple Belt

Cygnus A
    You are probably too young to have even seen his GOAT era. Go watch Pride ya goof.

17. Terpizzle Blue Belt

Terpizzle
    GSP got knocked out by a much smaller man (Serra) and he doesn't have Dan Henderson's right hand.

Anderson you can say didn't fight the best competition during his title run... MM and Aldo are the size of 8th graders, so calling them the best fighter of all time is a stretch.

Clearly Jon Jones or Fedor is the best of all time. If Bones' PEDs or Fedor's record deter you, then GSP is the logical choice.

18. Takamine86 Brown Belt

Takamine86
    One of the most impressive. Highlight reels are what stand the test of time. Fedor is going to get a lot of plays from future generation MMA fans. But not being in the UFC is going to hurt him a lot as well.

19. Fight Professor Silver Belt

Fight Professor
    No but he fought in a different variation of MMA which makes it difficult comparing him to current fighters. He has never adapted to fighting in a cage well.

20. White belt and pants Yellow Belt

White belt and pants
    Fedors recent run and string of losses in strikeforce seem to evershadow his entire career