Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

Nah, you just have no come back for how he didn't fight any of those top fighters while he was still on top.

Fedor fought a decent amount of the top fighters during his era. He definitely did not fight all of them, nor even the vast majority of them like the poster said.

Right ... that’s it sir you’re brilliant. Thank you for proving my point we’re you watching pride back then ? You know about some of the outcomes of those tournament matches ? You know for example that Sergei was supposed to fight fedor if he beat his brother which we all know how it turned out....like I said I could go into a lot more but the ignorance is too much

I'm not saying Fedor should be disqualified either. Without a doubt, he is one of the top heavyweights of all time. Hard to forgive him for not wanting to join the UFC. He and guys like Askren, Aoki etc are all fighters that we wonder about regarding the UFC. Fedor got badly beaten 3 in a row in Strikeforce by three guys that were all UFC fighters.

Didn't know Werdum was a UFC fighter.

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

Not sure about Fedor but this is definitely one of the Top 10 least impressive Fedor-bashing threads.

"Werdum (Someone with a better HW Resume anyways)"

Nope

Also, nope to the dumb question. Going undefeated for 10 years in the best heavyweight division the sport has ever seen, fighting constantly and treating top guys like the "cans" he beat doesn't get overshadowed by things that happen at the end of your career. You don't erase your work in your prime by work done after it.

Just remember "LUCKY #7"

7 years ranked #1
7 consecutive title fight wins
7 top 5 wins
7 victories over Pride/UFC champions

That's Fedor.

Name another heavyweight that matches that. I'll be waiting.

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

You’re going to get flamed from fedor nut huggers but he really is the weakest.

He's not even in my top 5 GOAT list anymore

Barely top ten

Right ... that’s it sir you’re brilliant. Thank you for proving my point we’re you watching pride back then ? You know about some of the outcomes of those tournament matches ? You know for example that Sergei was supposed to fight fedor if he beat his brother which we all know how it turned out....like I said I could go into a lot more but the ignorance is too much

So you're going to justify why he didn't fight ranked fighters solely because of tournaments instead of the fact that he could've fought them any time outside of the tournaments instead of fighting standouts like Zulu and others?

The only one being ignorant about Fedor's matchmaking is you. He could've fought plenty of the ranked fighters from his time frame but didn't.

So you're going to justify why he didn't fight ranked fighters solely because of tournaments instead of the fact that he could've fought them any time outside of the tournaments instead of fighting standouts like Zulu and others?

The only one being ignorant about Fedor's matchmaking is you. He could've fought plenty of the ranked fighters from his time frame but didn't.

Right.... I’ll just say this. The ignorance is o blatant that you even lists Brock and randy. So much ignorance it hurts lol

If by least impressive, you mean, most dominant, and bad ass, then yes.

Barnett said no to fighting him when he fought Hunt, but Barnett fought Big Nog that night. Barnett also popped which prevented that fight from happening in Affliction.

Also, no other HW deserved the shot. Sergei didn’t ever earn his shot, he lost to Big Nog and was out shadowed by the Mirko fight after.

Who else from his era did he need to beat?

You aren’t a fan of his, that’s fine. But no need to come in to try and bash the guy, there’s only 1 HW from that era with a better resume and that’s Big Nog.

Right.... I’ll just say this. The ignorance is o blatant that you even lists Brock and randy. So much ignorance it hurts lol

Please enlighten me as to how Brock and Randy weren't top ranked fighters during Fedor's era. I'd love to hear that excuse.

Sergei didn’t ever earn his shot

Lmao you can't honestly be sitting here talking about "earning" the right to face Fedor right? He only defended the Pride belt 3 times while instead fighting like 15 different times.

I mean what, are you going to tell me Zulu or Choi earned a shot at Fedor but Sergei didn't?

But no need to come in to try and bash the guy, there’s only 1 HW from that era with a better resume and that’s Big Nog.

So now it's considered bashing to point out that there were plenty of ranked fighters during his run that he never fought but could have?

Didn't know Werdum was a UFC fighter.

As opposed to what? 13 fights in the ufc in two stints. Or 4 strike force matches or 5 pride matches.

I'd say the org where you have by far the most fights is your primary org.

Fedor was unique fighter 12 years go..this lazy,clumsy,headhunting fatty fighting last few years is not the same fighter.When he fought crocop,nog,coleman 1 etc he had alot of skill and patience even though he had mostly agresive style.Yes he probably was on peds in his prime just like 99% of fighters then and now(no fighter is clean i really belive that and am also cool with it).But peds dont help u perform beautifull armbars of your back like coleman 1,survive randeplex with great judo skill perform amazing takedowns against Nog n strike with Mirko when crocop was scary fast and brutal.People say mma has evolved but still havent seen hw with his versatility.He is a rare person who u can never complain about having a boring fight.You knew when he is fighting either him or his oponent is going to expirence some serious pain.To me that means alot as a fan.So no...to answer your question TS

Please enlighten me as to how Brock and Randy weren't top ranked fighters during Fedor's era. I'd love to hear that excuse.

Lmao you can't honestly be sitting here talking about "earning" the right to face Fedor right? He only defended the Pride belt 3 times while instead fighting like 15 different times.

I mean what, are you going to tell me Zulu or Choi earned a shot at Fedor but Sergei didn't?

So now it's considered bashing to point out that there were plenty of ranked fighters during his run that he never fought but could have?

Name them. Please.

Choi wasn't even in Pride. Zulu was done on NYE. Fedor had a history of fights on NYE in Japan.

But name the fighters in his era that he could have fought against.

MMA is all about how good you are during your prime and how good your opponents were, and if you defeated them in their prime. During Fedor's prime, he defeated the best HW's that were around.
so did Penn but thats becuase MMA was primitive at the time. Fedor fought in a primitive era as well

Back