Cormier spoiled all the UFC 297 prelims with one sentence

It was a headbutt that opened up the cut. It was accidental. Here it is........

Blood shouldnt explode that quick. Ya gotta think he was already cut for it to look that bad and the headbutt just spread it or probably made it worse.

I know he got punched directly in the eye about 10 seconds before, which then grazed past him, causing him to blink twice. I'm pretty sure blooded was visible right after that and before the shot, so the takedown just spread it.

Edit:
fFRcCVM.png

GxcfJtZ.png

KdNjtVG.png

8JP8vfu.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Ya he did it a few times. Bummed me out. I hope someone mentions that to him, honestly. It’s probably not good for business. If the goal is to get ppl to watch the fights, spoiling them ahead of time aint helping that at all.

I didn’t say I didn’t expect it, just said it’s annoying
But that's like it being annoying that sherdog shows the results on cards you didn't watch yet but the entire rest of the world did!

That's your fault! You!

Yes this is really silly.

Ive never ever heard of someone complaining about this.

When you think about it, the chances someone watches the whole show front to back if they didn't watch live are pretty low.

Once those fights are on Fight Pass and the event is done, chances are those fights get watched one at a time either for a specific fighter or a specific fight.

There's not a lot of value in talking about previous results during a fight. There's no benefit to watching Mayra Bueno lose and being told Jimmy Flick won outside of broadcast segments that don't end up on Fight Pass anyway.

Something for the UFC to consider, maybe.

You're right this was a long card. It started earlier than usual and ended later than usual. Ya I don't think DC or any of them care about spoiler warnings unfortunately.

Canada has had two good cards ever. UFC 115: Franklin vs Liddell and the Gaethje vs Cerrone card. Glad I was there for at least one of the good ones.

Not true , UFC206 was fantastic

Canada PPVs have always been historically shitty and they really have had nothing since GSP left.
It's true, but 297 was SUPPOSED to be somewhat decent

This is what you get when the broadcast team is a bunch of yes men announcing as if everyone watching is a casual and needs the narrative the company wants fed to them. I watch for the fights though so don’t really care anyways.
I came to say this- u beat me to it bro

When you think about it, the chances someone watches the whole show front to back if they didn't watch live are pretty low.

Once those fights are on Fight Pass and the event is done, chances are those fights get watched one at a time either for a specific fighter or a specific fight.

There's not a lot of value in talking about previous results during a fight. There's no benefit to watching Mayra Bueno lose and being told Jimmy Flick won outside of broadcast segments that don't end up on Fight Pass anyway.

Something for the UFC to consider, maybe.
Nah fuck that.

It takes WEEKS if not months for them to put that shit on fight pass. Fuck them Johnny come lately casual only watching fights every once in awhile don't check social media non sherdog posting fuckin crybaby wankers.

Keep up or shut up!

But that's like it being annoying that sherdog shows the results on cards you didn't watch yet but the entire rest of the world did!

That's your fault! You!
But I don’t look at sherdog until I’ve watched all the fights. I watch the main card live and sometimes watch the prelims later. Weird comparison. I wasn’t even complaining, just trying to put some perspective on the situation from someone in another time zone.

But I don’t look at sherdog until I’ve watched all the fights. I watch the main card live and sometimes watch the prelims later. Weird comparison. I wasn’t even complaining, just trying to put some perspective on the situation from someone in another time zone.
Yes it's really fuckin weird to avoid sherdog for weeks while waiting for fight pass to upload prelim fights events lmao.

Hope ya got running water too

Yes it's really fuckin weird to avoid sherdog for weeks while waiting for fight pass to upload prelim fights events lmao.

Hope ya got running water too
Well not everyone spends as much time on sherdog as you clearly do. I actually have a wife and kids and an actual life outside of mma.
Dont know what your problem is, you sound like a bit of a loser.

Hold up

You’re bitching that the commentator mentioned things that occurred earlier in the event?

This thread is supremly dumb lol, let's shit on commentators for not anticipating some randoes might be watching the event in reverse

Well not everyone spends as much time on sherdog as you clearly do. I actually have a wife and kids and an actual life outside of mma.
Dont know what your problem is, you sound like a bit of a loser.
I ain't the one complaining about commentators doing their job :) and "spoiling" results that happened on the exact card they are working.

This thread is supremly dumb lol, let's shit on commentators for not anticipating some randoes might be watching the event in reverse
The event is 6.5 hours long and the main card can't really be watched in the same manner as the undercard. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people watching the PPV had not seen every single prelim fight and that a decent number of those who hadn't would go back and watch at least one prelim later on.

Back